Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Discord Update: Opt-in and Reaction Roles
Hello everyone,
Made some updates to the discord overnight. I'll explain these in greater detail in an official "Discord summer updates" thread in a few days, but so that the discord remains usable, I want to give brief instructions on how to use the discord now.

All of the non-GMod topical channels will now be opt-in channels. This means that to participate in a discussion, you will need to opt into that discussion.
Discussions include:
  • Creations
  • Cute Pets
  • Gaming Setups
  • Music
  • Fitness
  • Marketplace
To opt into these channels, you will need to react to the proper role in the #opt-in-roles channel. This works very similar to the old message to opt into each of the announcement roles. In fact, there is a message here to do just that, as the old Announcements role message will be retired shortly.
[Image: guide.PNG]

But wait! What are those new channels?
Excellent question! Here is a brief description of the two channels:
a) #fitness
The fitness channel is a discussion channel centered around health, fitness, and overall wellness. This channel is the spiritual sucessor to the #health-and-wellness channel.
Due to the subject matter discussed in that channel, the channel is marked NSFW and is thus only accessible by those verified to be 18 years of age or older.
If you are interested in joining the discussion, please contact me (jammin#8313) via direct messages in discord, or here on the forums via private message.
This channel will remain invitation-only until further notice.
b) #marketplace
The marketplace channel is a trading channel centered around the exchange of in-game items within the Dinks server in exchange for other in-game items or in-game currency. The channel will only allow for posts of items currently for sale, or items you are currently seeking. Any negotation around the transaction should happen in discord DM's.
Due to the uncertain legal and ethical circumstances, as well as concerns of economy balancing, posting items requesting or offering real-life currency (such as US Dollars) are not allowed to be advertised in this channel at this time.

Both of these channels came about from suggestions from threads here on the forums - I linked the suggestions made. If you have an idea for the discord, please share it with us here on the forums, or in #general on the main discord.

Multiple other minor changes were made. If anything is buggy please let me know and I will fix it tonight.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
Channel reaction roles eh? Ngl I kinda like it.

Also why is in the channel botshit messages are hidden now? If they are gonna stay hidden is there a way to view a list of bot commands?
dont really understand why the reaction roles were necessary other than to have more roles for outdated memes
thumbs up for marketplace