Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ewqdraaswedrfdsfedrfsetdf
Disagreeing with the philosophy of retrospectively banning people almost a week after something happens aside, I’m probably going to have to remain neutral. Here’s my thoughts: I like you a lot as a person, and I hate everything so you must be alright, and I know for a fact you could make a good staff member again. You just need to apply yourself a bit more when it comes to (remaining sober) (not using slurs) (keeping cool even when something really dumb happens) a few things. I would’ve given it a little more time before applying personally, but if not this app, then the next one will surely hold success for you should you work on the issues aforementioned. -H
(08-27-2021, 07:56 AM)Avi Wrote: I don't play often, but the last time we played together a little under two weeks ago, you were very under the influence and exhibited no control over yourself on server.  There was a lot of mic/chat spam from you, with gags and mutes from staff, with certain individuals influencing you to spam and talk nonsense over mic.

I can't speak for how often that happens or if it was just a one time thing, but it brings forth a couple of questions.  First, how will you handle yourself as staff if you are in the same mindset/under the influence like the last time we played?  Second, will you let others influence your behavior when you are staff?

Im all for seeing people returning to staff, but this type of behavior is concerning.  And another note, if you do return, it should be under Trusted again, and work your way up.
yeah i was pretty under. I'm a kid, i will drink occasionally when I'm hanging out with my friends. most of the time I don't even get on the server, but obv sometimes i do. Drunk me is an idiot. no  regular me is an idiot, drunk me is a mega idiot. rand, laced, and deadpool can confirm. But I definitely think even drunk knows that staff should uphold some kind of standard. To be honest, there isn't much i can do outside of promises right now. I cant promise i will never drink again, but I can promise that I wont be on the server when I do.

(08-27-2021, 07:37 AM)matt_st3 (Strongrule) Wrote: There are certainly some interesting and completely unbiased takes on what is irrelevant and what happened on a few issues. DR admin was an older issue, yet it did involve a demotion to trusted over the account being given to another and the CC post before derp came back to get the admin, then later trying for donor+. Yet more recent behavior should be a larger factor including current activity and an appraisal of has last staff tenure by the admin of his time. Unfortunately given the app itself and the more recent events I do not believe derp has exhibited the behavior of an ideal staff member. This does factor in forum warning as well as the discord behavior.

im not sure what this is but i will try and clarify a thing or two
1) Giving away my account
I gave my account to my sister after resigning on TTT a year or so ago. She played the shit out of garry's mod. Mainly PH. Again this was not on dinks. Right now she has 0 access to my account unless family sharing counts. I gave away my account for a month or two because i really was not having fun with pc games at the time and letting her have my account seemed like a reasonably decision. If I'm not using it why not let her?

2) The CC post
At one point I started playing Carbon Castle(s?). It wasn't for a long time but probably for around a month. I made a post shit talking dinks. I was still fed up with something when i made that post and honestly wanted to join a separate community. Clearly that didn't pan out because I'm here again, and have been for over a year. I have been staff since and (imo) was pretty good at it. I have 100% shit talked recently, hell i still do it all the time. I will forever joke about stupid decisions staff have made in the past. I don't really shit talk on the server but I do it plenty in the epic gamer discord (not dinks of course). I don't do it to harass people in specific, i do it to vent frustrations i have. For example the recent debacle with my map on the server. It was very frustrating for me so i talked about it a lot.

3(?) Discord
Not really something I need to address since it has been already discussed to death. A few months ago me and a few others were messing around in #general. We were posting a bunch, pinging some old people, and replying to very old posts. Me and rand were banned, laced and deadpool were warned. I believe that my ban on discord was in lieu of a warn as I left the discord when we started winding down. (for more information please contact discord admin) Since I have come back, I wont say I have been active on the discord, but I have joined VC to chat on occasion in the last few weeks and I check the #ttt chat quite often. I believe I have behaved myself.

4) The forum warnings
90% sure my only warnings are for shitposting. I don't know how to check anymore or if it is still possible. My most recent warn I believe was for the drama post. I was involved in making the tier list. Im not denying it. I helped rank most of it. However, I did not post it. Deadpool did. I only commented on it and got a perma warn (lol) for "10". I think the perma part of it was an error or something, but i was still warned. Again I am not denying my involvement and maybe the warn was warranted. From our pov, we thought of it as a way of looking back at some stupid/funny shit that had happened since we joined. I also understand many people didn't take it as that and thought of it as rehashing drama. Looking back, there was some stuff on there that was definitely in poor taste and probably shouldn't have been included. Especially the more recent stuff. From what I was told, the forum ban we got was to stop us from taking it to the forums when we couldn't post in the discord anymore. I understand the thought process with our history, but we honestly just wanted to have some fun in the discord.

This last one I wont make a big long paragraph because i think i can be concise here. I AM STUPID. I have used slurs on the server on more than one occasion (see nicky's post), mostly the f slur. It is definitly something I shouldn't have done. I was 100% in the wrong on all occasions.

If there is anything else i need to talk about please let me know.

(08-27-2021, 12:02 PM)HONG Wrote: Disagreeing with the philosophy of retrospectively banning people almost a week after something happens aside, I’m probably going to have to remain neutral. Here’s my thoughts: I like you a lot as a person, and I hate everything so you must be alright, and I know for a fact you could make a good staff member again. You just need to apply yourself a bit more when it comes to (remaining sober) (not using slurs) (keeping cool even when something really dumb happens) a few things. I would’ve given it a little more time before applying personally, but if not this app, then the next one will surely hold success for you should you work on the issues aforementioned. -H
[Image: unknown.png]
happy birthday smelly
i made a thing
i made another thing
i made a new thing

former ttt mod
former dr admin
Staff 2017-2023
(08-27-2021, 12:38 PM)derp Wrote:
(08-27-2021, 07:56 AM)Avi Wrote: I don't play often, but the last time we played together a little under two weeks ago, you were very under the influence and exhibited no control over yourself on server.  There was a lot of mic/chat spam from you, with gags and mutes from staff, with certain individuals influencing you to spam and talk nonsense over mic.

I can't speak for how often that happens or if it was just a one time thing, but it brings forth a couple of questions.  First, how will you handle yourself as staff if you are in the same mindset/under the influence like the last time we played?  Second, will you let others influence your behavior when you are staff?

Im all for seeing people returning to staff, but this type of behavior is concerning.  And another note, if you do return, it should be under Trusted again, and work your way up.
yeah i was pretty under. I'm a kid, i will drink occasionally when I'm hanging out with my friends. most of the time I don't even get on the server, but obv sometimes i do. Drunk me is an idiot. no  regular me is an idiot, drunk me is a mega idiot. rand, laced, and deadpool can confirm. But I definitely think even drunk knows that staff should uphold some kind of standard. To be honest, there isn't much i can do outside of promises right now. I cant promise i will never drink again, but I can promise that I wont be on the server when I do.

(08-27-2021, 07:37 AM)matt_st3 (Strongrule) Wrote: There are certainly some interesting and completely unbiased takes on what is irrelevant and what happened on a few issues. DR admin was an older issue, yet it did involve a demotion to trusted over the account being given to another and the CC post before derp came back to get the admin, then later trying for donor+. Yet more recent behavior should be a larger factor including current activity and an appraisal of has last staff tenure by the admin of his time. Unfortunately given the app itself and the more recent events I do not believe derp has exhibited the behavior of an ideal staff member. This does factor in forum warning as well as the discord behavior.

im not sure what this is but i will try and clarify a thing or two
1) Giving away my account
I gave my account to my sister after resigning on TTT a year or so ago. She played the shit out of garry's mod. Mainly PH. Again this was not on dinks. Right now she has 0 access to my account unless family sharing counts. I gave away my account for a month or two because i really was not having fun with pc games at the time and letting her have my account seemed like a reasonably decision. If I'm not using it why not let her?

2) The CC post
At one point I started playing Carbon Castle(s?). It wasn't for a long time but probably for around a month. I made a post shit talking dinks. I was still fed up with something when i made that post and honestly wanted to join a separate community. Clearly that didn't pan out because I'm here again, and have been for over a year. I have been staff since and (imo) was pretty good at it. I have 100% shit talked recently, hell i still do it all the time. I will forever joke about stupid decisions staff have made in the past. I don't really shit talk on the server but I do it plenty in the epic gamer discord (not dinks of course). I don't do it to harass people in specific, i do it to vent frustrations i have. For example the recent debacle with my map on the server. It was very frustrating for me so i talked about it a lot.

3(?) Discord
Not really something I need to address since it has been already discussed to death. A few months ago me and a few others were messing around in #general. We were posting a bunch, pinging some old people, and replying to very old posts. Me and rand were banned, laced and deadpool were warned. I believe that my ban on discord was in lieu of a warn as I left the discord when we started winding down. (for more information please contact discord admin) Since I have come back, I wont say I have been active on the discord, but I have joined VC to chat on occasion in the last few weeks and I check the #ttt chat quite often. I believe I have behaved myself.

4) The forum warnings
90% sure my only warnings are for shitposting. I don't know how to check anymore or if it is still possible. My most recent warn I believe was for the drama post. I was involved in making the tier list. Im not denying it. I helped rank most of it. However, I did not post it. Deadpool did. I only commented on it and got a perma warn (lol) for "10". I think the perma part of it was an error or something, but i was still warned. Again I am not denying my involvement and maybe the warn was warranted. From our pov, we thought of it as a way of looking back at some stupid/funny shit that had happened since we joined. I also understand many people didn't take it as that and thought of it as rehashing drama. Looking back, there was some stuff on there that was definitely in poor taste and probably shouldn't have been included. Especially the more recent stuff. From what I was told, the forum ban we got was to stop us from taking it to the forums when we couldn't post in the discord anymore. I understand the thought process with our history, but we honestly just wanted to have some fun in the discord.

This last one I wont make a big long paragraph because i think i can be concise here. I AM STUPID. I have used slurs on the server on more than one occasion (see nicky's post), mostly the f slur. It is definitly something I shouldn't have done. I was 100% in the wrong on all occasions.

If there is anything else i need to talk about please let me know.

(08-27-2021, 12:02 PM)HONG Wrote: Disagreeing with the philosophy of retrospectively banning people almost a week after something happens aside, I’m probably going to have to remain neutral. Here’s my thoughts: I like you a lot as a person, and I hate everything so you must be alright, and I know for a fact you could make a good staff member again. You just need to apply yourself a bit more when it comes to (remaining sober) (not using slurs) (keeping cool even when something really dumb happens) a few things. I would’ve given it a little more time before applying personally, but if not this app, then the next one will surely hold success for you should you work on the issues aforementioned. -H
[Image: unknown.png]
happy birthday smelly
Sans a few details your reply to mine is accurate. Other details are minor but usually involve unpleasant interactions, little more. My point is to show a history of behavior(s), combined with the effort in the app and the reason basically coming down to “ok fine I will” when told to apply to undo some slays. I can’t say what that entailed but it was thrown out there. All of it being said, I will add some hypocrisy and state that we usually look for a better pattern of behavior than this in a staff member. This also is stemming from the forum questionnaire where a fair number of people are pointing fingers at groups causing problems, including distancing themselves from interacting on the forums for a lack of moderation. 
i have no deciding say, only an experience in this where I have been right or wrong in hindsight for my decisions past staff members/apps.

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
Publicly banning someone on their staff application seems pretty inappropriate and super spiteful, I feel like that sort of attempt at public humiliation shouldn't be brushed under the rug.

That aside, I do want to add that despite how shitpost-y my previous post seemed, I do genuinely think derp would be a good staff member. He's super friendly and, in my experience playing with him several times recently, he's been very chill. Serious +1 (:
Derp has been unbanned after discussion.
He's alright I guess. 1+
[Image: atomic_vault_boy_by_lolwut_kun.jpg]
+1 very fun member of the community and would fit TTT well.
edit: slurs not cool, definitely do not do that if you are staff
I will note that my idea of time has become warped in the past year or so, so I didn't realise that happened 3 years ago. However, this doesn't change how you've acted on forums/discord. You have had several forum warnings as was noted. Not to mention the discord strikes you've had. Maybe you've behaved yourself. I personally don't trust you enough. Again my word doesn't matter as it's a TTT staff app. I just wanted to throw out my opinion. And from what I've seen from Nicky's post, you've literally broken rules on server within the week. Again, my word doesn't matter but I felt the need to throw my opinion out.
[Image: b_560x95.png][Image: clapclub.jpg?width=1202&height=519]
Food for thought: if you consistently say your word dont matter then why say something? As for the app IDK everything going on off server but on server derp has been fine he has staff experience I don't see why he cant be TRUSTED so ill +1  GL on your app
Ok… since the thread seemed to have died down a little I will give my take. First off after viewing other replies I do agree with some of them since I have sort of witness you act up sometimes. Of course this could easily be fixed within time and if you tried hard enough. After this thread became a mess earlier I honestly think you should wait before becoming staff now. I do believe you can become a good staff member again but now I believe you should wait a little bit from all I seen. Eitherway if you do get denied just work on the criticisms given to you and try to apply next time and I know you will most likely get staff.