Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The 20+ Damage reportable rule.
Just was reading some old posts so I thought I would talk about this rule. Do y’all think the 20 reportable rule should be changed so that way you can report whoever damages you for no reason? A specific example coming into mind is when someone uses the disarmer on you and you are a t and then they kos you on the spot for dropping a t weapon. I remember this happening before and when I reported them I’m pretty sure they didn’t get spayed. But again this happened a while ago and I just remembered about that situation by reading something. Anyway feel free to discuss or whatever. I may think of some more points later.
Would be worth looking into tbh. Throw it together with the "any amount of damage is kosable" rule.
[Image: image0.png]
2x TTT Admin
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers
I say 15 or more. primarily because when some cunt smacks you with a crowbar on lower karma, it ends up doing 16-18 damage rather than 20 and that can still fuck you up.
[Image: h4r1WLO.gif]
Good Games
Retired TTT Moderator
03-07-2020 ~ 11-17-2020
Unofficial Retired Murder Test-Moderator
11-06-2019 ~ 11-17-2020
Ehhhhhh I kinda like the standing ruleset. If they do less than 20 damage to you for multiple rounds, it falls in the lines of karma baiting instead.
[Image: gYIxK93.png]
(08-31-2021, 03:07 PM)Raider Hanks Wrote: Ehhhhhh I kinda like the standing ruleset. If they do less than 20 damage to you for multiple rounds, it falls in the lines of karma baiting instead.
Agreeing with this. It also boils down to staff discretion if they do something like 18-19 which is just under 20, but clearly on purpose to annoy/target someone. If you have more specific examples of the current guideline being inadequate, it could possibly be improved upon, but for now I think it serves its purpose well enough.
Another specific example I just recalled seeing happen before if when someone pushes you with the intent of damaging/even killing you but you end up taking like say 10-20 damage. Of course this falls onto staff discretion like Hong says but even then it’s probably annoying for some players to have that happen to them and not being able to report or thinking they can’t report. Since tbh despite 10 damage seeming small it can honestly make a difference in a gunfight. Anyway I’ll let you know if I think of anything else.
If it’s 0 then that opens the rule to abuse. 15 accounts for the crowbar with lower karma tho so that’s cool

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
I love using the disarmer to disarm everyone as a detective and KOS people with T weapons, it's a valid tactic with a rare weapon that otherwise has little use.
Disarmer still counts as gun damage, making any amount KOSable
(09-01-2021, 04:09 AM)Laced Xanax Wrote: Disarmer still counts as gun damage, making any amount KOSable
i get slain for this because im told it does no damage and is a harmless weapon