Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAMERS GUIDE
Gamers guide to being the best staff!

Since I am no longer staff (against my will) after being one of the longest active staff members if not the longest active member. I figured I would provide some insight on how to be the best staff member and a community favorite.

Step 1: focus on what makes the game fun to you.

Step 2a: In a report if the accused person apologizes for what they have done, don't slay them.
They have already said sorry and realized what they did wrong, that should be enough forgiveness. It is just a game.

Step 2b: Sometimes when not slaying someone the player that made the report may ask why that person was not slayed/says they want them slayed. If that happens then slay the reported player.
(This isn't as common. Majority of the time, by next round the RDMed player will no longer care because they have respawned and are alive and gaming once more)

Step 3: In some occasions when a RDM report is made the reporter is in the wrong and a slay does not need to be appointed. When this happens the reporter may complain in PMs or staff chat more than anyone possibly should in their entire life. So when this happens I completely ignore them.  If you are going to whine and bitch that much you deserve the slay more than them honestly.
I let them cry and whine until they get over it.  It is just a game, and you respawn in 10min or less usually. Hopefully while they cry the person will realize how much of a baby they really are, feel embarrassed and never do that shit again.

Step 4: this step may be a little controversial. But i like to be fair to everyone. If someone is reported for doing something that I usually do very often and never get in trouble for i do not slay that person. If I don't get in trouble why should they.

Step 5: When it comes to gagging and muting players the only thing i keep my ears and eyes open for are slurs. And just stupid loud ass noises that never end like over 10sec of noise.
Other than that idc people just expressing their thoughts and being themselves nothing wrong with that. Unless u racist frfr not like just messing around.
If no one is complaining what is the point of gagging? All that usually does is start problems rather than resolving them.

These are my 5 steps to achieving greatness and honestly has been how I have staffed since 2017.
I did my job when it was necessary (hackers and mass RDM) and I am usually the only staff on the server a lot of the time ngl.
No one has ever had any issues with me up until a week ago….

ANYWAYS

I hope it was legible and a easy read, sometimes I have issues describing/putting all my thoughts into words.
Thank you (:
Cult member since 8-8-18
how to be staff: punish people when they break rules and dont punish people when they dont
Bring gamer back as staff! He was one of the few not falling under the generic asab kind of staff!
g
i made a thing
i made another thing
i made a new thing

former ttt mod
former dr admin
Staff 2017-2023
hwop to mbe stasff":

srep 1' call of duty

win
I feel like I'm watching fucking star wars... they're killing off us OG's and replacing us with stormtroopers wtf....

Alright where is the rebel alliance at
[Image: wiiu-destruction.gif][Image: wiiu-destruction.gif]
(09-06-2021, 11:22 AM)pencilsharpener92 Wrote: how to be staff: punish people when they break rules and dont punish people when they dont
how to be staff with this 1 easy trick, just click here
(09-06-2021, 12:09 PM)HONG Wrote:
(09-06-2021, 11:22 AM)pencilsharpener92 Wrote: how to be staff: punish people when they break rules and dont punish people when they dont
You may think this is a joke but this is how I became admin.
[Image: Bry-Donor-2.gif]
(09-06-2021, 12:27 PM)bryanbrr Wrote:
(09-06-2021, 12:09 PM)HONG Wrote:
You may think this is a joke but this is how I became admin.

apemin
OOOAOAOAOAOAOAOAOAOAOOAOA
only person that wasnt a glorified hall monitor