Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GAMERS GUIDE
GAMER is right about always being the only staff member on. Ever since I joined back to the server like two years ago, GAMER usually staffed by himself and was the most active staff member. Now that we lost him, you're probably going expect more pings via discord. As a player, I never had a problem with GAMER staffing ever. That's my two cents.

Also wondering if this guideline still follows for removing staff: https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...p?tid=9704
(09-07-2021, 02:05 AM)Nimble Jack Wrote: Just do reports, even if it seems other staff aren't doing it.
so why not just say this to the nigga that complained about me???
Cult member since 8-8-18
(09-07-2021, 01:08 PM)GAMER Wrote: I just don’t understand why me, an active staff member liked by majority of the community was demoted so quickly solely because of what sounds like to me the complaints of one staff member.
There are a handful of staff that get on once every 3 months for 2 rounds then disappear for another month or so.
Why are are they not demoted?

There's also staff that are just completely inactive.
Why are they not demoted?

I have explained my way of staffing and my thought process behind it. If me not doing every single report is worse and more demanding of a derank than being a staff member that hardly ever plays please help me understand how.

Its not like I do absolutely nothing, i handle slays occasionally and deal with major issues when I'm the only staff online. The one type of report i would always try to handle was T on T rdm because in my opinion that's the only time you should be upset/ annoyed about an rdm.
But
Yalls only argument is “why be staff and not staff” when that’s barely what im trying to argue. I've explained how and why i staff the way i do.

Why was i, an active staff of the lowest rank. Deranked so quickly compared to any other staff member that doesn't play anymore or barely plays at all.

And why has no one expect matt addressed the other things i have said in this thread not pertaining to doing reports?

All this sounds like to me is i got demoted because 1 person (or 2 I really have no idea) out of the thousands of people that play on dinks didn't like the way i did things. As far as i know no one has ever had any issues with me until now and on my first offense i get demoted.

Red: This issue pertains nothing to the argument of demoting inactive staff and any comparison is unneeded. This was a separate issue and if you want to complain about inactive staff members you are more than welcome to create a separate forum thread dedicated to the topic.

Green: I am not sure where you are getting the notion you were demoted because a single staff member complained as this is not true. I, as well as the other admins, received reports from several individuals including other staff members about your lack of staffing. No, I will not name these individuals as I have no obligation to do so for the sake of anonymity. We also noticed the issue numerous times while on the server ourselves as well. You were talked about this numerous times and gave the impression you did not care. Guidelines for demotion were set by our predecessor admins and were followed through with. See here for more information regarding demotion processes. 

Blue: Your method of staffing was not in line with the expectations the Admin team and Dinkleberg set for your given rank. We have an entire guideline document dedicated to setting the proper expectations. Picking and choosing when to do reports based on if people complain or say they are sorry is not within those expectations. It is up to the person who filed the report to forgive, not you. I am not even sure how you handle major issues like you state you do considering you have not submitted a ban request to the forums in over three years. 
[Image: b_560x95.png]
Even the german gouvernement has less bureaucracy than dinkles gmod

Also it does seem a bit stupid that gamer doesn't get any recognition for the years of staffing liked by the community. If not every exstaff can get donor+ wouldn't it be better to have an alternative that still leaves some recognition for the positive contribution made to dinklebergs gmod?
(09-07-2021, 03:28 PM)Doc. Vi Wrote: Even the german gouvernement has less bureaucracy than dinkles gmod
What
(09-07-2021, 03:13 PM)Nicol Bolas Wrote:
(09-07-2021, 01:08 PM)GAMER Wrote: I just don’t understand why me, an active staff member liked by majority of the community was demoted so quickly solely because of what sounds like to me the complaints of one staff member.
There are a handful of staff that get on once every 3 months for 2 rounds then disappear for another month or so.
Why are are they not demoted?

There's also staff that are just completely inactive.
Why are they not demoted?

I have explained my way of staffing and my thought process behind it. If me not doing every single report is worse and more demanding of a derank than being a staff member that hardly ever plays please help me understand how.

Its not like I do absolutely nothing, i handle slays occasionally and deal with major issues when I'm the only staff online. The one type of report i would always try to handle was T on T rdm because in my opinion that's the only time you should be upset/ annoyed about an rdm.
But
Yalls only argument is “why be staff and not staff” when that’s barely what im trying to argue. I've explained how and why i staff the way i do.

Why was i, an active staff of the lowest rank. Deranked so quickly compared to any other staff member that doesn't play anymore or barely plays at all.

And why has no one expect matt addressed the other things i have said in this thread not pertaining to doing reports?

All this sounds like to me is i got demoted because 1 person (or 2 I really have no idea) out of the thousands of people that play on dinks didn't like the way i did things. As far as i know no one has ever had any issues with me until now and on my first offense i get demoted.

Red: This issue pertains nothing to the argument of demoting inactive staff and any comparison is unneeded. This was a separate issue and if you want to complain about inactive staff members you are more than welcome to create a separate forum thread dedicated to the topic.

Green: I am not sure where you are getting the notion you were demoted because a single staff member complained as this is not true. I, as well as the other admins, received reports from several individuals including other staff members about your lack of staffing. No, I will not name these individuals as I have no obligation to do so for the sake of anonymity. We also noticed the issue numerous times while on the server ourselves as well. You were talked about this numerous times and gave the impression you did not care. Guidelines for demotion were set by our predecessor admins and were followed through with. See here for more information regarding demotion processes. 

Blue: Your method of staffing was not in line with the expectations the Admin team and Dinkleberg set for your given rank. We have an entire guideline document dedicated to setting the proper expectations. Picking and choosing when to do reports based on if people complain or say they are sorry is not within those expectations. It is up to the person who filed the report to forgive, not you. I am not even sure how you handle major issues like you state you do considering you have not submitted a ban request to the forums in over three years. 
GREEN
I obviously don't remember being talked to about this multiple times. I remember hong said something to me in game a few times and when he did I would do more reports, and I'm pretty sure I did the same when any other staff that was on asked me to help handle some of the reports. Other than that no one has ever told me anything in game or given me any types of warnings for doing this in game.
So how am I supposed to know everyone has this big issue with me if everyone is just going to talk behind my back to other staff and not just tell me they have a problem with me? The only warning I have ever gotten out of game was from Bryan in discord pms about a week ago. From then to now barely any staff was even on while I was playing to see if I was making an improvement.
I'm getting the notion I was reported by a single staff member because when I asked Bryan he said
"Players may not complain but staff have."
So I assumed it was just one or 2 people because no staff besides hong that I can remember (and I have good memory) has ever gotten upset at me for not doing reports. And as I'm typing this I remember someone saying
"GAMER do you ever handle reports??"
Which I responded with
"Yea sometimes"
But was never given a warning about being demoted ever in game or anywhere else until that PM from bryan.

BLUE
Yea my method may not be up to standard but I explained everything just to clear any confusion on why I may be staffing like I was. And I'm pretty sure I've staffed like that since 2019.
I handle the Hackers by slaying their steam ID like 99999999999999999 times and for the reason I will say "Hacking and mass rdm" or something like that. That person is never going to get back on the server after that so its just as good as a ban if you ask me. And if they do rejoin they will just be slayed, so when staff sees the reason why they will be aware and can ban if they choose/take the slays off and see if he is still doing so.  Ban request take too long when I can just handle it then and there.

RED
This definitely pertains to the argument of demoting inactive staff? I don't see how it doesn't, especially since I am active. These issues go hand in hand if you don't see that idk what to tell you. That's probably the only dumb thing you said, especially when other members of the server agree with me about it being related.
Cult member since 8-8-18
I was there when GAMER found out when he was being demoted on the server and he was more than confused on what was happening. The " I am not sure where you are getting the notion you..." sounds like you failed to be transparent with GAMER on his demotion. I agree with Doc Vi. It's not like he actively tried abuse of powers or whatever. He did staff for 3 years and now he was kicked to the curb.
Let me put it in simple terms since so many of you cant seem to understand.

Me play game 5 years
All five years no problem
Everyone like me (:
Finally 1 problem on year 5
“People” complain about me
I get demoted instantly

Like my previous 5 years mean nothing

At same time
Lots of people complain about inactive staff and many other things
No one/Barely anyone gets demoted

Complaint about me = instant demotion
Other complaints = absolutely nothings

When people complain about me i get demoted

When i try to defend myself (complain) i essentially get told to stop complaining and nothing happens

I have no beef with anyone and ive never been in any drama
So why get rid of me so fast when ive been here actively so long, not causing any issues until just now?

This one 1 issues and only issue in 5 years is so bad i need to be deranked instantly?

When there are people that havnt played in what feels like 5 years and still have their rank.

So now after my one complaint all the staff members that never had any issues with me the last 5 years suddenly think I deserve a derank instantly and have all these issues with the way i do things but never brought them up before???

Makes absolutely no sense.
Cult member since 8-8-18
Let the record state that seniority whether in being staff or an active member of the community does not excuse you from demotion or punishment, as shown by the loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong list of members and staff that are no longer with us.

R.I.P
(09-07-2021, 06:30 PM)Nimble Jack Wrote: Let the record state that seniority whether in being staff or an active member of the community does not excuse you from demotion or punishment, as shown by the loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong list of members and staff that are no longer with us.

R.I.P
u never answered why "Just do reports, even if it seems other staff aren't doing it." applies to me when other staff doesn't do reports. But doesn't apply to other staff when I don't do reports 
Cult member since 8-8-18