Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quantum Edge
Offender's Name: Quantum Edge

Offender's SteamID: STEAM_0:1:558801269

What Server(s): Dinkleberg's TTT

Offender's Rank: Trusted

What They Did: slayed me falsely, refrained from slaying another player for a legitimate offence.

When They Did It: 5~10 minutess ago

Potential Witnesses: N/A

Proof: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9OnoJ9WPcM

Other:
Icey has been making passive-aggressive digs at me whenever I'm playing, so I have him muted. On Dimmsdale Icey pulled out a knife on me so I shot him. Quantum Edge slayed me for this, saying: "He said he was proven on voice, you have to unmute him." Later it turned out that Icey RDM'd a guy for the knife, and had no way to know the guy was a traitor. Quantum didn't slay Icey for this.

Aside from Quantum being punished for what is very clearly a case of "I will use my staff powers to protect my friend," I would like an administrator to clarify the rules on this subject.

1) Do callouts on voice matter insofar as the rules are concerned? If so, how do you justify forcing people to unmute abusive players in order to hear their callouts?

2) Is "I'm proven" even a legitimate callout? Anyone can say this. I can buy a knife as a traitor and scream "I'm proven" on the microphone, and according to Quantum anyway, it is now illegal to kill me for pulling out a knife on someone. Can we have it enshrined in the rules that "I'm proven" is not a callout as far as the rules are concerned? Only a detective should be able to prove people.
LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

This isn't abuse but a stern talking to should suffice.. -1.
TTT Staff | Mod Blush  9/15/21 - 11/12/21, 10/28/22 - 3/16/2023, 11/9/2023 -

Never Forget

TV GIRL

[Image: 4wmnJmh.jpg]
okay, so
he shouldn't have necessarily slain you depending on some potentially missing details, people just saying "i'm proven" doesn't really hold much of any weight unless it's confirmed by a tester or a detective

but, unless he was reported by the guy he RDM'd, assuming it was legitimately RDM and he had no real cause, then he didn't need slain

but you missing callouts on voice that are legitimate because you've muted someone is on you, it's widely known that muting in ttt is a detriment to yourself, if he keeps making digs, tell him to stop and if he continues then take it to staff for harassment
[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)
Soo, it's not really a abuse it's really a unique situation soo lemme break this down

callouts/audio is a major thing in TTT, actually a previous person in the community got banned and then fairly unbanned for not using audio to their disposal relates to this but that situation is vastly different to this for specific reasons. So even if you have someone muted it's still on you for not hearing their callouts... imo don't mute people cilent side.. message the staff hey I'm being harassed/targeted and that respective staff member will now have priority to watch your case

I'm gonna say this even if Icey rdmed a Traitor he's still proven regardless if he never had a reason to kill that said T and the "I'm proven" thing I will say this you buy a knife as a traitor and there is no other traitors dead to claim you've killed them (If you can get away with claiming a traitor kill without RDMING your T buddy) and scream "I'm proven" you're gonna be sus'd out.

So this isn't a staff abuse maybe a little chat on the side with admins and quantum but does this warrant a demotion? Nah it's just a small incident. -1
[Image: wiiu-destruction.gif][Image: wiiu-destruction.gif]
(09-25-2021, 06:21 PM)Minder Wrote: What They Did: slayed me falsely, refrained from slaying another player for a legitimate offence.
Firstly, there should be no "punishment" for refraining to slay another player. Unless the player whom Icey RDM'd reported the RDM, which Quantum can comment on whether such a report was filed, there is no reason to act on a "refrain" of a slay. Slays only occur for legitimate reports filed.

(09-25-2021, 06:21 PM)Minder Wrote: Icey has been making passive-aggressive digs at me whenever I'm playing, so I have him muted. On Dimmsdale Icey pulled out a knife on me so I shot him. Quantum Edge slayed me for this, saying: "He said he was proven on voice, you have to unmute him." Later it turned out that Icey RDM'd a guy for the knife, and had no way to know the guy was a traitor. Quantum didn't slay Icey for this.
If you have the player muted, and don't hear a proven callout, that's on you. If the player is harassing you, ping admin chat or contact upper staff for assistance, but if you decide to client-side mute, you take that risk.

However, I'm not happy with what I heard @Quantum_Edge say to you. There is no need to demean an individual making a potentially legitimate grievance.
Is this a false slay? Hard to say. I don't know if the player was proven or not. But regardless of this it isn't right to call someone a retard for making a legitimate grievance.

-1 Strike but +1 a talking to about conduct. If someone can pull the logs we may be able to tell if ICEY was indeed proven or not.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
Dude this is ridiculous. You're blowing this whole thing out of proportion :(

First off, If you felt like I was being passive aggressive to you, I'm sorry. I tell a lot of people I kill they got domed and it was in no way meant in a hateful manner towards you, but when you decided to mute me you decided to forfeit information I give out. I'm also surprised that you didn't add onto this report the constant times you said I was ghosting. You're also making it sound like I pulled out the knife on out of no where. I had called out that I was proven and had been holding the knife in a large crowd (which you were in) moments before our altercation. I literally messaged Quantum after I understood your side and told him to forgive the report, but then told him to keep it after you started being salty.

You then carried on arguing with Quantum into the next map after being told to drop it. I wish this didn't end in a thread because I like you but you're in the wrong here.
Interesting, this do be a good situation to discuss. Indeed.

Let’s see how this plays out. I think personally a strike might suffice if it’s proven that nothing happened via RDM claim, or if it was claimed at all as an RDM report, then slaying someone for something else.

Also, on a side note. If someone is having issues with a person, they shouldn’t have to unmute them just because they’re saying something. It’s happened multiple times, and possibly talking to the player involved would actually need to happen as well.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
(09-25-2021, 06:21 PM)Minder Wrote: Other:
Icey has been making passive-aggressive digs at me whenever I'm playing, so I have him muted. On Dimmsdale Icey pulled out a knife on me so I shot him. Quantum Edge slayed me for this, saying: "He said he was proven on voice, you have to unmute him." Later it turned out that Icey RDM'd a guy for the knife, and had no way to know the guy was a traitor. Quantum didn't slay Icey for this.

Aside from Quantum being punished for what is very clearly a case of "I will use my staff powers to protect my friend," I would like an administrator to clarify the rules on this subject.

1) Do callouts on voice matter insofar as the rules are concerned? If so, how do you justify forcing people to unmute abusive players in order to hear their callouts?

2) Is "I'm proven" even a legitimate callout? Anyone can say this. I can buy a knife as a traitor and scream "I'm proven" on the microphone, and according to Quantum anyway, it is now illegal to kill me for pulling out a knife on someone. Can we have it enshrined in the rules that "I'm proven" is not a callout as far as the rules are concerned? Only a detective should be able to prove people.
Bro Icey didn't rdm anyone for a knife in LOGS he saw him buy a knife and kill him because he saw him pull it out. Icey did not rdm he saw the knife dude 

And I am not using my powers to "protect" my friend I saw logs of the guy buying a knife and icey killed him fair and square on vc icey told everyone he was proven and he has a knife from the traitor he killed you had icey muted because he has been making digs at u I don't know if that's true or you just bullshitting again.

Sorry for talking to you the way I did I am sorry for that but do not start a argument with me over Garry's Mod TTT and then proceed to say don't argue with me again even though you were the one crying in vc 

And what's up with you saying that me and Icey were ghosting??? where do u get shit like that from?? After that map the one after that you were going back and forth once again arguing and making shit up
[Image: 86DBE62D-5EE5-47F0-9E4C-DE5FA0541D5B.png...height=701]
A couple of other things,

1. Kidd Cosmic blatantly denied buying a knife which can be heard in the video. A simple logs check should solve that problem.

2. Quantum never told you that you had to unmute me. He said that by you having me muted you missed a legitimate call of me being proven. After I heard your side, I told quantum to take off the slay, but decided to change that call after seeing how you began acting.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/u...rbox=false

screenshot of almost forgiveness^^
ICEY :^) Wrote:First off, If you felt like I was being passive aggressive to you, I'm sorry. I tell a lot of people I kill they got domed and it was in no way meant in a hateful manner towards you, but when you decided to mute me you decided to forfeit information I give out. 

This is just not true. You've been pointedly insulting me non stop, and are exactly aware of what you're doing. This isn't the only thing - you've also been targeting me with knives virtually every round you're a traitor. I have a growing folder of those clips if you want to play 'your word vs mine'. I was knifed by you six times today prior to this incident. You also have developed a habit of KOSing me just from hearing me nonspecifically shoot a weapon somewhere nearby - eg. https://streamable.com/tlikrr

So, please don't play innocent and act like you can't imagine why I would have you muted. I was trying to do the right thing and avoid confrontation with you. I muted you *instead* of visiting the administrators with this problem, hoping you would leave me alone and it would end there. Following this incident you can guarantee I'll be leaving you unmuted, though. I won't miss another syllable of callouts.

Quote:You're also making it sound like I pulled out the knife on out of no where. I had called out that I was proven and had been holding the knife in a large crowd (which you were in) moments before our altercation.
This is a lie. Here's the full Shadowplay clip that lead up to you pulling out the knife on me:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsdA8kKgml8
I'm not sure why you continue to lie about things which can be disproven so easily. I find that this is a habit of frequent liars - they don't focus on high quality individual lies, but instead pour out an endless stream of low quality lies, hoping no one would invest the time required to disprove them all.

Pretty disgusting to see certain people circling the wagons on this one. Reminds me of that certain supercluster of Discord users who used to all pull for each other in this community a few years back.