Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hi yes hello i would be very happy to have a lot of input this time thank u
I'm staying neutral for a lot of reasons but I want to point out things

Was he a great staff member during his time sure I'm just going off stories as I wasn't around.
did he leak staff chat yeah according to stories and confirmations yeah I understand why he shouldn't be staff.

I see the best of both worlds would be, allow him to be trusted since he is around the server often and sometimes dips in the late night hours when previous staff members used to get on and is filing reports and dealing with a lot of hackers and scumbags when staff aren't around.
And to reduce the chance of him leaking chat and for him to build back his trust don't invite him to the staff chat simple as that.

That is all, I have spoken.
[Image: wiiu-destruction.gif][Image: wiiu-destruction.gif]
Rand,

To help the staff team and I make a clear decision for your application I have two questions. Why do you want to staff again after leaving very abruptly back in December? and Why do you believe the staff team should trust you after the pot you stirred after resigning? I think myself and other members feel this way when it comes to you staffing and clearing this up will help immensely when considering you as an applicant.
[Image: Bry-Donor-2.gif]
(09-30-2021, 09:05 AM)bryanbrr Wrote: Why do you want to staff again after leaving very abruptly back in December?

Honestly, when I resigned so abruptly back in December, I just was down about a certain egirl, and have always been against going inactive for long periods and didn't know if/when I wanted to staff again. I felt pretty embarrassed over what happened with her, especially with how a lot of people (my friends or not) were talking about it, it was just not something I wanted to deal with on server much. Can I promise I won't just abruptly resign again? Nope, but who can? I'm sure there are several people right now who just got a role they've wanted that have had the idea of resigning already, it's just a thing. I do know that, unless I knew I would be back soon, I'd still be more inclined to resign than simply go inactive, and climb again if need be. If I thought it was going to be more than two or so months, I would likely resign. (If anyone has dm's of me saying I want to unresign, just write those off as "I changed my mind about that entire concept" plsty) Ultimately, I really just want staff again to start helping again. I was doing a good job, so I like to think, back then. And I had some pretty big plans I was working on and stuff. I'd love to help with that kinda thing again.

(09-30-2021, 09:05 AM)bryanbrr Wrote: Why do you believe the staff team should trust you after the pot you stirred after resigning?

Well, I don't think there should be mistrust over just stirring the pot, anyway. The mistrust should solely come from my leaking of staff chat, and mishandling the entire thing. I should have just went to someone, I just sometimes get excitable and go on holy crusades against things, heck, you can even see it flare up sometimes now, but I've let that chill a lot. Loads of places where I'd make a post calling something out, I've been able to just chill, and privately message someone complaining instead. I've tried to get that heavily under control, very much so because of how guilty I still feel over how badly that went in March. So, to answer your question, should you trust me? Honestly, I don't know, I'm obviously biased, and want to say yes, but what does the word of a troll mean? I don't want you to take my word for it. I want every one to look at me, and everything I've tried to do lately, every improvement I've tried to make on myself and those around me that are apparent, and say "I trust him" or "He still has some work."

If I still have some work, I want to know that, I don't want to get staff out of a reluctance from anyone. That would just lead to bitterness early on, and a less than cohesive relationship between myself and the other staff members, which I don't want. So yeah, that's all there is there.
[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)
Just give rand a chance then in this case. If y’all still don’t trust him though and stuff then I will understand that but like it seems the man does want to help still. 1+
It's obvious you want to help. You also DO have a good head on your shoulders. You just do dumb shit sometimes. I've personally had good experiences with you myself in vc's months ago when i was able to join them, and you still seem to be the same person. HOWEVER. You do dumb shit. I know I said it twice. That said, here's some more questions.

Are you joining back just because a friend group is?

Are you going to cause issues and bring about inner staff issues, form clique-y issues, etc?

Are you going to settle down with admins decisions on things that you dont like from now on instead of taking matters in your own hands, IN the way that you did? (Some cases it's appropriate, if you do it right, as in going to dink over things, talking to admins from other servers for input, etc.)

Depending on your answers etc I'll slap a vote.
(09-30-2021, 07:50 PM)Mother Nuru. Wrote: It's obvious you want to help. You also DO have a good head on your shoulders. You just do dumb shit sometimes. I've personally had good experiences with you myself in vc's months ago when i was able to join them, and you still seem to be the same person. HOWEVER. You do dumb shit. I know I said it twice. That said, here's some more questions.

Are you joining back just because a friend group is?

Are you going to cause issues and bring about inner staff issues, form clique-y issues, etc?

Are you going to settle down with admins decisions on things that you dont like from now on instead of taking matters in your own hands, IN the way that you did? (Some cases it's appropriate, if you do it right, as in going to dink over things, talking to admins from other servers for input, etc.)

Depending on your answers etc I'll slap a vote.

I honestly didn't know anyone else aside from derp was going to reapply, him and I just were because we did last year, and it was a good time. The rest came completely outta left field for me.

i don't think so, I don't really do that whole clique thing when it comes to staffing, I was always pretty good at separating that stuff out, which peeps can attest for in my time last year.

Yeah, like I said, I still feel bad about that whole thing, and have been trying to be more lowkey about everything like that for awhile now. Honestly, at that point, I didn't ever even think of going to dink, I didn't think any non-admin really /did/ that ever. But I've been told by a few peeps that that's a thing, plus our admin team is much larger than it was then with its entire one person, so that's helpful.
[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)
(09-30-2021, 08:04 PM)bunniey Wrote:
(09-30-2021, 07:50 PM)Mother Nuru. Wrote: -snip-

I honestly didn't know anyone else aside from derp was going to reapply, him and I just were because we did last year, and it was a good time. The rest came completely outta left field for me.

i don't think so, I don't really do that whole clique thing when it comes to staffing, I was always pretty good at separating that stuff out, which peeps can attest for in my time last year.

Yeah, like I said, I still feel bad about that whole thing, and have been trying to be more lowkey about everything like that for awhile now. Honestly, at that point, I didn't ever even think of going to dink, I didn't think any non-admin really /did/ that ever. But I've been told by a few peeps that that's a thing, plus our admin team is much larger than it was then with its entire one person, so that's helpful.
I can't say -1 because of the way you responded. Just keep working at it. If you don't get it this time I think you should next time.
+0 for the bad gamer
I'm going to +1 this. I've been playing in the server with bunniey very often recently and haven't had any issues. Has constantly helped me or gone out of the way to help other people who were asking questions before I could get to it or while I was doing other things. Is fun to play with and I feel like they've changed enough and improved enough to be an even better addition to the staff team this time around.
I'm going to remain neutral with your app. You're great to play with and you clearly had some... trouble with whatever happened before I became staff. I haven't played enough with you to see how you are as a whole. Overall my impression of you isnt bad :)

If my opinion of you changes before this app is closed I will change my answer. For now, neutral.
people still giving you shit over the leaking of staff chat?

For those of you not involved with that, he was frustrated with some bullshit and acted on impulse; if anyone knows what that's like, it should be most of us who play video games and have a competitive mindset about it; if most of you were in his position, you would've done a similar if not the exact same thing. Does that mean what he did was right? No. Just think before you judge.

Rand has considerably worked on that since that whole debacle went down, so stop holding it against him like he's the new "addressing toxicity" man.

+1. I love you rand