Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On the subject of racism
I notice a lot of players who actively use racist slurs for shock value simply get get a gag
shouldnt these players also get a mute, so that they cant extend the slurs theyre using into text chat
Argument: Racist language of ANY kind discourages players to play on the server UNLESS they share the same hurtful racist mentality and want to reciprocate
Why would the staff mute someone for slurs they haven't used in the text chat yet? That's kinda why the gag and mute commands are seperate.
(09-29-2021, 06:08 PM)Laced Xanax Wrote: Why would the staff mute someone for slurs they haven't used in the text chat yet? That's kinda why the gag and mute commands are seperate.
yea we (at ttt) generally adopt a “innocent until guilty” mindset there if that makes sense
in some cases of someone thats already gotten 2+ warns or is otherwise about to get the boot I usually will just silence them if theyre clearly the type that’s gonna want to go out in a “blaze of glory” (aka spamming slurs) just to save myself the headache, but that’s just me
(09-29-2021, 06:08 PM)Laced Xanax Wrote: Why would the staff mute someone for slurs they haven't used in the text chat yet? That's kinda why the gag and mute commands are seperate.
I guess you could argue with it, but you have to see how my perspective isnt that outrageous, there are so many people that spam slurs on vc and get round gagged, only to get vc privileges next round and rinse and repeat. IMO it should be more strict (this is a suggestions thread, innit?) and the offending racist should be text muted aswell
Sometimes I seen staff both mute and gag someone if someone is just spamming racial slurs for no reason but usually they only do either gag or mute if the player is saying racial slurs in voice chat or text chat.
(09-29-2021, 06:15 PM)JesseTheUndeadCowboy Wrote: Sometimes I seen staff both mute and gag someone if someone is just spamming racial slurs for no reason either in text chat or voice chat but usually they only do either gag or mute if the player is saying racial slurs in voice chat or text chat.
I concur!! I do see that as well at times, I just think it could be more consistent.
Over my time here on dinks since March, I have witnessed time and time again someone get gagged for racism only to immediately being spamming the chat with racist text.
Personally, I like the idea that if you are racist in either VC or in text chat, you lose the privilege to use both the VC and the text chat.  We would still follow the same progression which is warning, round gag/mute, 24hr ban, perma ban. 

Ideally, if someone was racist twice in the VC (and gagged) and then was racist in the chat during the round they were gagged, this would be 3 offenses so they would be at a 24hr ban.  However, I have seen staff in the past treat the gag/mute in the same round as one instance instead of two instances.  As a result, the person is given the opportunity to be racist 4 times (not 3) in order to be at the 24hr ban.
(09-29-2021, 06:29 PM)chelllman Wrote: Over my time here on dinks since March, I have witnessed time and time again someone get gagged for racism only to immediately being spamming the chat with racist text.
Personally, I like the idea that if you are racist in either VC or in text chat, you lose the privilege to use both the VC and the text chat.  We would still follow the same progression which is warning, round gag/mute, 24hr ban, perma ban. 

Ideally, if someone was racist twice in the VC (and gagged) and then was racist in the chat during the round they were gagged, this would be 3 offenses so they would be at a 24hr ban.  However, I have seen staff in the past treat the gag/mute in the same round as one instance instead of two instances.  As a result, the person is given the opportunity to be racist 4 times (not 3) in order to be at the 24hr ban.
This seems like a great solution.
I see this is in PH, where that may not be a bad idea. Frankly there is no reason to need that avenue of communication in PH, communication isnt a vital aspect of the game.
Same with DR - communication is not vital to the performance of the game.
But, up to those respective staff team members. If they don't mind having to keep an eye on two methods of communication, who am I to speak up.

In TTT and Murder, however, communication is integral to the game's operation. Restriction of the problem area while allowing game-vital communication to continue is likely the best method.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
(09-29-2021, 06:37 PM)Jammin Wrote: I see this is in PH, where that may not be a bad idea. Frankly there is no reason to need that avenue of communication in PH, communication isnt a vital aspect of the game.
Same with DR - communication is not vital to the performance of the game.
But, up to those respective staff team members. If they don't mind having to keep an eye on two methods of communication, who am I to speak up.

In TTT and Murder, however, communication is integral to the game's operation. Restriction of the problem area while allowing game-vital communication to continue is likely the best method.
I see your "communication is more important in ttt" and raise you a "ttt_radio commands aren't blocked by !mute"
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions