Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Discussion about harassment guidelines
Was told to post this when I was discussing this with someone a bit ago. Why is it the harassment guidelines have such a jump in punishments? It goes from 1-3 day/1 week ban to perm. That is one hell of a jump tbh. Eitherway I am just posting this to see people view on it. Personally I think the 2nd offense should be a bit longer but that’s just my opinion. Anyway hope to see people explain their view on this.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

A lot of punishments have had extra steps added in between or have had earlier offenses reduced over the last couple years.

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
These changes I have in mind will only be towards the harassment part of this rule. Harassment first time should be one warning and then an instant 3 day ban if they reach a second warning. If they come back and do it again give one additional warning and then a month temporary ban. If it persists then we get into permanent ban territory.

That was the suggestion I proposed to the other admins. Copy pasted from the document I had other rule suggestions in. Don’t feel like rewording or punctuation Bc I’m on my phone.

TLDR it would look like this…

1. Awarn warning
2. Another awarn warning + 3 day temp ban or a week depending on severity
3. They come back after the previous ban and do it again another warning + month temp ban
Gonna clarify it here since some people got confused apparently. A day ban for harassment is too lenient imo. How would you go from a day or 3 day ban to a perma ban according to the guidelines. That makes no sense, and is a huge leap. Matt explained it there are some extra steps sure, but still that is a bit of a leap in terms of the ban length. Dong here is attempting to do a suggestion for it and I appreciate that. His suggestion attempts to fix it since the guidelines are outdated. Hell I talked to other and staff members who believe they are outdated as well. In short the current guidelines could use some changes. Like dong said his proposal isn’t set in stone either so it may be subject to change. Eitherway sorry for ranting I just thought people were thinking I didn’t think harassment was that serious. It is I want to make that clear. Hell I also messaged dong some feedback in terms of his proposal.
make it week / month / perm

thank you
(10-22-2021, 10:34 AM)JesseTheUndeadCowboy Wrote: Was told to post this when I was discussing this with someone a bit ago. Why is it the harassment guidelines have such a jump in punishments? It goes from 1-3 day/1 week ban to perm. That is one hell of a jump tbh. Eitherway I am just posting this to see people view on it. Personally I think the 2nd offense should be a bit longer but that’s just my opinion. Anyway hope to see people explain their view on this.
Most harassers only get a vocal warning, not even a real one too. So I first of all think the existing guidelines shuld be applied for every case.

I think what also needs to change are the guidelines as to what is considered harassment. Honestly.
(10-22-2021, 01:04 PM)HONG Wrote: make it week / month / perm

thank you
This is basically what I believe would be appropriate too so thank you Hong for replying on this thread.

(10-22-2021, 02:23 PM)LemonTiara Wrote: Most harassers only get a vocal warning, not even a real one too. So I first of all think the existing guidelines shuld be applied for every case.

I think what also needs to change are the guidelines as to what is considered harassment. Honestly.
Yeah I feel that. If y’all want the truth of why I started this thread it was originally because I was talking to another staff member and I was saying a 3 day ban for harassment is too lenient. It should go like Hong said week first /month/ then perma. I’m sorry if this thread confused anyone since looking back I didn’t do a good job explaining my points I guess. Eitherway thanks to everyone to who has responded and talk to me regarding this so far.