Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Murder Rules Rework
So as it stands, a lot of murder rules need reworked to include things missed (like spamming e, RDM by pushing, etc) or just in general to fix punishments to ranks. That being said, I gather you here today to get community input on rules that you'd like to see in murder either ADDED OR REMOVED.
They almost ALL are going to be fixed up, punishment wise.
Link to rules here

Staff and I all will get together and discuss ideas dropped here by the community and try to come up with a more balanced and up to date rule set.

As for punishment wise, I need to get with dink and have ranks commands tinkered with as there's commands some ranks should not have, and then some commands that are needed that are not present. So you can suggest punishments as well, just know they're going to take a little longer to be properly worked on and set in stone.
Thanks for helping us in advance!
- Murder Staff
I'd recommending adding which exceptions exist for PR rounds.
E.g. RDM is still against the rules in RPG Madness but not in Mouse and Cat (if victim didn't have gun out) or in Free-For-all

Otherwise, the only other thing id expand on are any illegal spots that may exist. It may be good to restrict spots that are out of knife/gun range that cannot be reached via normal maneuvers w/jumppack. Idk if there are any spots right now that aren't exploits but it may be good to say that.

Edit: thought of some more:

Add RDM via spam corn/chicken or headshot corn/chicken.

Also, while I very much enjoy kill binding by Norm to make him look sus, that should probably be added to the "no murder baiting" rule or made into a rule.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
I would say up the punishments for the hacking/exploiting section. Yes, I realize most individuals that hack or try to crash the server get banned when found but why should individuals who abuse console commands or exploits get a light punishment as given in the guidelines? I am talking about the individuals that occasionally come on where they have it where they purposefully lag around making themselves near impossible to kill or of other similar level exploits.

I honestly think that if they continue after a day ban, that they will obviously not stop and should be permanently banned. I recommend getting rid of the week ban and go straight to perma ban after the day ban if they continue. If they want to get unbanned they can submit an unban request and try to explain their actions. I realize the murder server is more active now but if you take the past couple years of activity as a whole, an exploiter of that level practically receives no punishment even if they get banned since the server is not active. Not to mention a staff member would have had to be on or a perceptive player who was willing to report.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army
(10-22-2021, 06:48 PM)Jammin Wrote: I'd recommending adding which exceptions exist for PR rounds.
E.g. RDM is still against the rules in RPG Madness but not in Mouse and Cat (if victim didn't have gun out) or in Free-For-all

Otherwise, the only other thing id expand on are any illegal spots that may exist. It may be good to restrict spots that are out of knife/gun range that cannot be reached via normal maneuvers w/jumppack. Idk if there are any spots right now that aren't exploits but it may be good to say that.

Also, while I very much enjoy kill binding by Norm to make him look sus, that should probably be added to the "no murder baiting" rule or made into a rule.
I definitely agree with these changes. I cant really think of anything else that needs changing but will definitely comment if i think about anything else.
if you allow rdm, i’ll join more often
insert obligatory comment about removing the jump pack

(chris.chandler2014 cant hit the guy that has a jump pack because he held the space bar, either make holding space bar with jump pack an exploit or remove pls)
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide
(10-22-2021, 06:48 PM)Jammin Wrote: I'd recommending adding which exceptions exist for PR rounds.

I think p-rounds any of them should just be "sure rdm who cares" and that kinda is how it is now and its pretty good just should probably remove where it says on the screen that the normal rules apply because lets be real we just want to rdm with rpg's

whats the difference if its a headshot or not *besides damage" rdm is rdm

I agree with this last one but also its not fair if i don't get the kill credit because someone kill-binded just to die early or something
I believe that hate speech should be a zero tolerance thing. In my opinion, there should be no warnings for someone coming in insulting people and throwing out stuff like hard R's or Hard N's. There can be some exceptions and leniency if it's borderline, but for those who are clearly being racist, homophobic, transphobic, sexist, or hateful in any other means, then they should be dealt with more severely.

My suggestion of order:

1st Offence: Round gag w/ chat warning
2nd Offense: Kick
3rd Offense: Ban based on severity of situation
[Image: ErQ4M8K.jpg] 
(10-22-2021, 10:01 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote: insert obligatory comment about removing the jump pack

(chris.chandler2014 cant hit the guy that has a jump pack because he held the space bar, either make holding space bar with jump pack an exploit or remove pls)
So as far as this goes you haven't been on recently or this wouldn't have been suggested. We've been working on patching ALLLLLL jumppack only areas to keep game play fair. For example, idr the map name and it is not resort but it has a resort hotel eith the beach and stage props etc. We've finished co.pletely blocking that map off recently: D so jump pack shouldn't be much of an issue any.ore and if it is, it's individual users abusing and will be punished accordingly as exploiting
As for the others I like a lot of these and they will be brought up in a few days with staff to discuss and finalize :) keep suggesting guys! (Yes fish I agree these rules are far too lenient)

(10-22-2021, 08:10 PM)dan Wrote: if you allow rdm, i’ll join more often
I'll put in the rules rdm is only allowed on Dan :^)
(10-23-2021, 12:54 AM)Mother Nuru. Wrote:
(10-22-2021, 10:01 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote: insert obligatory comment about removing the jump pack

So as far as this goes you haven't been on recently or this wouldn't have been suggested. We've been working on patching ALLLLLL jumppack only areas to keep game play fair. For example, idr the map name and it is not resort but it has a resort hotel eith the beach and stage props etc. We've finished co.pletely blocking that map off recently: D so jump pack shouldn't be much of an issue any.ore and if it is, it's individual users abusing and will be punished accordingly as exploiting
As for the others I like a lot of these and they will be brought up in a few days with staff to discuss and finalize :) keep suggesting guys! (Yes fish I agree these rules are far too lenient)

mu_springbreak
mu_springbreak_dinks