Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am altering the deal...
“...pray I do not alter it any further” - DV

Ingame Name: chelllman

Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:104538552
https://www.gametracker.com/player/chell...134:27015/

Time Played: 302hrs (according to gametracker)

When First Joined: Beginning of March, 2021

Availability (Approx. times you play, and time zone): 11am-1pm Mon-Friday, 5-11pm Mon-Sun.  I usually play 1-3 hours a day.  I have consistently hit 10-15 hours a week for a long time.

Rank Desired: Test Mod

Current Rank: Trusted

What can you do to help the community?: 
For nearly 2 months now, I have served as a Trusted PH staff member.  During this time, I have continually asked questions to improve as a staff member on the server, and I finally feel comfortable enough with staffing to apply for test mod.  I firmly believe that the PH community benefits from having several active tmod staff members, and I would like to supplement this staffing layer.  My schedule is flexible, and I often hop on in the evenings when we get a staff ping in the discord.

In my trusted application, I stated that I had no desire to progress past the rank of trusted.  However, since joining the staff team, I recognize that applying for tmod is a necessary step forward.  In the cases of punishment evasion, hackers, etc, I can apply temporary bans so that the server is immediately secured before higher staff get involved.  I have made many ghosting ban requests (and applied forceswaps when necessary), but as soon as I/staff leave the ghosters have free reign on the server until higher staff can apply the appropriate ban.  As always, 100% of my time on the server is recorded so any bans I apply will always have supporting evidence should unban requests be made.  

I would describe my staffing style as firm, but fair.  I apply the rules equally, and follow the guidelines to the letter.  I plan to continue discharging my duties as a PH staff member in accordance with the guidelines provided by the PH admins.

Why do you want to help the community?: 
Never thought I would say this, but I thoroughly enjoy staffing, and I really enjoy working with other members of the PH staff team to keep the server safe and fun to play on.
Unless I feel that I need a break (you can check my gametracker for those days), I’m usually on the server every evening because I genuinely enjoy interacting with the other regulars on the server.
Recently, I found myself wondering why I play on the server so often, and I came to the conclusion that it’s because a good deal of my online friends that I play other games with started out on Dinks PH, and I almost feel like staffing is my way of giving back to the community.
Understand that I have thought about this application for a while now, and I feel that I must apply for tmod not only because quite a few regulars/friends have asked me to, but also because I strongly feel that I am ready to assume the role of tmod.
I absolutely hate having to leave the server at the end of a map after I’ve collected enough evidence for bans on certain players because I know those players will continue to be a problem until higher staff can finish clearing the ban requests.
Several instances have occurred where I’ve joined the server the day after I collected ban request evidence only to be told that the bad actors I investigated continued to be a problem after I left.
Simply put, I feel that moving on to tmod would help diminish these situations because the majority of ban requests I make are for 1 day bans.
Helping out on the server as a staff member has been very rewarding for me, and I am in no way feeling burnt out (which is a common question that is brought up by higher staff).
Other than what I’ve said above, I’d like to say thank you to all the PH staff that have helped train me.
Ryzif has especially spent quite a bit of his time giving me on-the-server training to which I am very grateful for, and his example has been a motivating factor for this application.
Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to serve on the PH staff team and serve the PH community.

Have you previously been banned? (Link relevant posts): I have no serious bans.  However, following the question to the letter:  Ryzif has banned me 3 times.  All 3 are deserved though.
1. I said “Silly tmod, you won’t” when he joked that he would ban me. 
2. I asked to be banned because I was leaving to go to sleep.
3. I factually stated that a certain popular condiment technically qualified as a sports drink.  I may have done this while he was not feeling well after drinking whiskey.

Additionally, I have been kicked from the Murder server once by Nuru for implying that she is vertically challenged.  The kick reason was “Short THis” (including the capital H).

Have you previously applied for staff? (Link relevant posts): Accepted - https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...?tid=14882

Do you have a way to record video or take screenshots? I use OBS to record 100% of my time on the PH server.

How did you find us?: Dinklebergs PH had the most people online.

Other: I’d also like to join the PH dev team, but I will discuss this with higher staff at a later time.
Additionally, if you felt my writing in the Why do you want to help the community? section felt slightly weird, you aren’t alone.  Everything I said in that section is what I feel, but I structured it in a way so that if you read the first character of each sentence, it spells out a special message for Nuru.  It may/may not be easy to read depending upon how much the text wraps because of differing screen sizes.  Thank you for taking the time to read my application, and have a pleasant day.  Questions/comments/concerns are always welcome either here on the forums or privately via discord DMs. 
Ayo Chelll! This one is going to take a minute but I’m confident you’ll see the reasoning.

Surely I can’t say that I’m surprised to see this app.

Maybe it was because of feeling the same drive that I have in yourself except promoted in a more professional manner.

Unfortunately my answer is going to be a little drawn out because there’s a lot to go over.

Recently I had talked to you about very small things that you could work on.

Fortunately like I said, they were small and not even a bad sign or anything to consider bad.

Naturally I was just trying to bring anything that I could think of when addressing you on anything that I noticed.

Usually you would imagine there would be something to point out but to my surprise I can’t think of anything.

Realistically I just want to say that you have exceeded all of my expectations and then some for the role you have been fulfilling for the last two months.

Ultimately I have no issue with you moving forward to Tmod.

Man you’re good at that. Mine sounds strange when staring directly at it. Yours must have taken quite a bit to make so well!
Now that that’s out of the way, you’ve done an incredible job. Your ban requests are superb and well made. Your attitude in lobby is almost always positive and directed to helping anyone whether new members or older members alike. You’re as professional as one may be in a Gmod lobby. You know when to hold back and know when to take everything seriously. I believe you are 100% ready to move on to Tmod. 

When you do get it, and yes I saw WHEN because if anyone thinks that you’re not ready then they clearly haven’t had the experience I’ve had with you over the last two months. I will show you everything that I can and try to get you comfortable in your banning boots along with the staff trainers. (Not trying to butt in of course. Just trying to help like normal.)

You have my full support for moving forward.
+1
[Image: wattson-apex-legends.gif]
[Image: 6jCIuUl.gif]
Well I was going to come and say I'm in support of you getting Tmod because each time I've hopped over from murder to play, you're always on top of things in game and swift to handle issues, but still keep the server calm and fun.
You're good at catching on when someones cheating pretty swiftly as well, you're usually on it before I get to point it out which is a+ bc i notice them fairly fast due to being on the team previously.

But because of your lil anagram
fk u

Fish and Pixie demote him to supporter.

This is abuse. I demand compensation.

i guess i support him +1
Chelllman has helped with situations great, and I believe he is ready for Tmod +1
I keep joking about how many ban requests that chellman puts out there, but it really is a testament to how much you care about the server. Easy +1, you’re more than deserving of the promotion.
Be sure you're taking care of your physical and mental health. 

Other than that I have no concerns
Chellman, I have no issue with you being a tmod

Activity, c'est tres bien (very good)

Ban request, Sore wa yoidesu (very good)

Just remember as triangle man said, Phyisical and mental health is plus important que le jeu. (more important than the game)

Dauchneh, khnhom truvte niyeay, ( So, I have to say)

+1
[Image: sukuna-evil-laugh.gif]
[Image: YWj4Wn.gif]
I know that I dont have much saying power as a newer member of the community, but chellman is a solid member of the team. He is well versed with the rules and is corteous and knows when to/how to step in. Honestly, Chell's a rolemodel I personally should follow.

+1, good luck Mr/Mrs. Chellman.

-Biig_sad
Everyone wants to move on from Team Trusted...
Chell works great with others and holds down the fort when it comes to PH. He'll be a great TMod in my opinion. +1
[Image: ezgif-com-gif-maker.gif] 
[Image: Screenshot-2.png]
bump