Poll: Remove wrench and wiimote from dimmsdale
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes! remove!
46.67%
7 46.67%
No! Keep!
53.33%
8 53.33%
Total 15 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ban two props on dimmsdale
after playing on dimmsdale, I have discovered that the upright wrench prop and the wiimote prop are 

NOT VISIBLE

from certain angles (read, most angles), and as thus, people hide as them against surfaces to make themselves *gasp* unshootable and unseeable.

Now, what I propose is simple. Remove the ability to become these props, and it will fix the issue of people abusing these props.

I am not savvy with how to put poll, so I guess 

YES for remove and NO for keep?
Unreal! Please remove them.
Finally someone brought this issue up! I was tearing my hair out
(11-03-2021, 02:22 AM)Caribou Wrote: Finally someone brought this issue up! I was tearing my hair out
people go on about it "beh beh beh, not in banned spots list"
But, the rule that no spot can be blocked by meshes/exploit to not be seen at all seems to me prohibitive of these props, if they cant even be seen like half the time
Could we have screenshots on the angles that make these props invisible? I know the map has more than a couple spots that hide the props if they are close to a couple of the walls.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army
I can't say I've had this problem
One of the lesser known, but best spots on dimmsdale is a wii mote on the sidewalk, perpendicular to the road.  The reason is that the wii mote will sometimes disappear from view if you don't approach it head on.  If a hunter comes a you from the side, you are functionally invisible.  I will look through one of my videos for an image of it.
(11-03-2021, 06:22 AM)TheUltraFish Wrote: Could we have screenshots on the angles that make these props invisible? I know the map has more than a couple spots that hide the props if they are close to a couple of the walls.
if I get to play dimmsdale in the future, I will screencap it.
There are definitely spots on Dimmsdale as well that you just can't be seen at most angles. the most apparent is pressed against the wall between burb mart and the school, on the side facing burb mart. Honestly the map just feels a bit buggy and can be rough to play on PH. It's not my favorite map that's fur sure.
[Image: ErQ4M8K.jpg] 
(11-03-2021, 10:19 PM)August Wrote: There are definitely spots on Dimmsdale as well that you just can't be seen at most angles. the most apparent is pressed against the wall between burb mart and the school, on the side facing burb mart. Honestly the map just feels a bit buggy and can be rough to play on PH. It's not my favorite map that's fur sure.
This I can explain, the creator of this map decided for some strange reason to use occlusion "barriers" for lack of a better word for me to think of at 5am which hides what ever goes behind it, has nothing to do with props. There are a couple of these around the map and it may solve some issues people are having with this map. I can fix this I just need time to do so. 

As for outright removing the props I'm against cause I've used and seen both props and never thought to make them illegal. This is a map issue not a prop one in my opinion.
Ex TTT Mod Dec 14, 2019 - Dec 14, 2019
Ex PH Mod April 14, 2019 - January 20, 2020
Ex PH Mod May 9, 2020 - May 27, 2022
Proud member of the RDMS
Ex Forum Admin May 6, 2022 - May 6, 2022
Former PH Map Editor