Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
things to avoid: posting staff app after ostracizing yourself more from staff team
Ehhhhh... I know I already tossed in my two cents on this app, but the continued biased responses in your favor and the way some of you are villainizing anyone who disagrees with what was done is irritating. I'll open my big mouth even more since the people you harassed are unable to do so without getting dogpiled on for being "unprofessional" or for trying to defend any aspect of what happened from their POV. I'm not going to go any deeper into this situation after this post. I just want to prevent this from being another circlejerk post.

I would also like to add that it's gross, the way some of you are using what happened to Quantum to provide entertainment to yourselves and make yourselves look and feel like online vigilantes. Seeing a kid praise and thank a bunch of grown men for using an extremely upsetting situation like this for their own gain just makes me feel icky. This wasn't a heroic act. This was yet another chance to attack people you don't like and to get rid of the person ruining your playtime. I'm sure this situation will be mentioned in your next callout post.

I see what I mentioned in my first post under Russ's thread happening on this thread as well. I can see people who supported your drama* post now supporting your staff application. This is creating an inorganic weight tipping the scales of this app in your favor. I also see examples of another thing I mentioned, where people are looking at this situation from the outside, seeing your friends' posts, and assuming you were in the right. For example...

(11-04-2021, 07:12 PM)Scoovie Wrote: He saw a pedophile getting away with a slap on the wrist and addressed it.
(11-04-2021, 07:37 PM)Damien Wrote: Don't see how trying to get a pedophile banned is drama but sure.

Trying to make .ceebeast look like he's misrepresenting the situation by referring to some troll calling a minor staff member "daddy" and "jailbait" as pedophilia is blatant manipulation. That is not a pedophile. That is a troll. Using creepy language to offend and upset a teenager does not make someone a pedophile. Is it creepy and an overstep of dozens of boundaries? Absolutely. Does it warrant being called a pedophile? No. By that logic, most of the people defending Rand's actions are racists and/or homophobes. You are exaggerating one aspect of this situation in order to make it appear as though Rand and those supporting him were doing the right thing and they were just pleading with pedophile apologist staff members to protect the children of the community.

The way that you are focusing on one word to prove your point, "pedophile," shows just how disingenuous your actions are. You are using the most shocking word you can in order to strengthen your point and defend your actions. What happened to Quantum was fucking disgusting. What happened to Shaye was also fucking disgusting, though. That was blatant bigotry, hatefulness, and malice. There was a very clear intent to hurt her with those words. Phoenix even showed his true colors by using her lashing out due to his antagonization as an excuse for his actions. There isn't enough shock factor when referring to that situation for it to be used to villainize anyone who isn't supporting you guys, though, so it has been erased from the conversation.

You are using very deliberate and calculated language to make anyone who disagrees with you look and feel like they are defending a monster. That needs to stop. The ban was made permanent. The purpose you claim to have for making that post was accomplished. Now, you're beating a dead horse for validation.

Just stop.

*The topic, obviously, was not drama. Your actions were intended to cause drama. Quantum being harassed is a very upsetting situation that was mishandled by both staff and most of those who claimed to be supporting him alike. What Phoenix did to Shaye and Quantum definitely should have resulted in a community ban.
I was debating on whether I should say anything because while Rand and I aren't close friends or anything we have a friendly rapport and have mutual friends. I generally don't like to -1 people's applications unless I feel like it's something that requires more time to work out and not something that can be developed while going through the early stages of climbing ranks.

I think it's a shame because I do think Rand is a good guy. And I do think that if it weren't for his "extracurricular" activities, he would be an easy +1. I've never seen him do anything irresponsible in game (then again, I've never seen him actually play the game either, the motherfucker just picks up barrels and chairs and throws it at people). I do think the way you conduct yourself outside of the game leaves a lot to be desired though. You have a tendency to be brash, hotheaded, and impatient. You also tend to "go it alone" in many cases as well. These are qualities that generally don't reflect being a staff. 

I'm not just pulling this out of my ass because I share some of these characteristics and can see myself in you. As Dong said earlier, the key word is trusted. It's probably impossible for any of the upper staff, let alone most staff, to be able to trust you given some of the leaks and community upheavals that occur with you being involved either in the epicenter or on the outset. I agree with Reina that while ThePhoenix was a huge nuisance and did deserve to be banned for the countless things he did that actually was against the rules, there was a process that could've happened which would have been much less drama intensive & fulfilled the same end result.

Ask yourself if you ultimately want to be staff. I get the impression that you do want to be in this community and you do care but there are going to be times where things happen that you don't agree. If it happens, do you quit (as has occurred in the past) or do you continue? Is there a capacity for compromise? I don't claim to know your entire history in this community and your relationship with others, I haven't been here too long myself.

I think you should take a few months and reassess. -1.
(11-04-2021, 04:08 PM)bunniey Wrote: *snip*

Rand, I like you, but the way you carried yourself these past few weeks with the [voldemort] situation, was highly inappropriate. Do I agree with David that you don’t allow any bullshit? yes. I just don’t think you handle the situation appropriately. I know what it’s like having to deal with unpleasant people, and to just sit and watch people you care about being bothered by such people, but you went too far IMO.

This being said, I don’t think you meant for your posts to be “inciting drama”, or to “use quantum’s situation” for anything other than to bring light into the matter, as others pointed out. Once again, the issue here is how you handled the situation. It’s not how anyone, let alone a staff member, should deal with problems. 

I know you, I have no problems with you (apart from the more than occasional prop killing :p ) and I believe you care for this place, I really do. But I would like to see you learn from this situation, and hopefully soon have you on the team, just not now.
[Image: Limon_T3.jpg?ex=65b9d342&is=65a75e42&hm=...height=468]
Closing thread before it dissolves further. Admins will update with a decision shortly.
[Image: Bry-Donor-2.gif]
Rand,

Your application has been DENIED. This should be for obvious reason. Our current staff team currently does not have any trust in you and recent actions has further separated their trust. The TTT admins and I have decided to bar you from applying for 6 months. There are plenty of thing to work on between now and then and we hope that you do try as you are a fun player within the community. Thank you for applying.

You may apply again on 5/6/22
[Image: Bry-Donor-2.gif]