Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PH training suggestion
Donors should not receive training other than the donor guidelines that tells them what not to do. If they aren't comfortable doing some things because of a lack of training then they shouldn't do them. They get the rank to acknowledge that they supported the server financially, not to be diet trusted.

Now way back in ancient times when I was staff, it was rare to be the only staff online unless it was like 2am. When a new trusted was promoted, more senior members of staff, admins, and even the co-owner would stay on with the new trusted for the first couple weeks, and the trusted would either ask questions about what to do, or the senior staff members would say what to do in adminchat.

(11-06-2021, 09:12 PM)[test] mattquake11 Wrote: I know from experience that I learn better when I have a hands-on approach (for lack of a better term) then just having a lecture about what I'm supposed to do and then say "good luck out there".

Yes "the lecture" is annoying but there isn't really a better way of doing it unless someone made a youtube tutorial or something. I'm not sure how well this is done today since I'm not staff, but this is why following up after "the lecture" by having senior staff hold your hand through the learning process is so important; you don't just get dumped into it with a bunch of unpracticed information, you actually have someone helping you think critically and getting you into the groove before you're fully autonomous.

And again donors shouldn't get this. They are donors. The only reason they have commands is to mute the guy screaming racial slurs at 4am when no staff are on. They aren't staff. I'm a donor, I use commands (I spam kick hackers even when armchair mods in discord say not to, you're welcome casual players), but the last thing I would want to do is enforce rules I don't really like.

Messages In This Thread
PH training suggestion - by [test] mattquake11 - 11-06-2021, 09:12 PM
RE: PH training suggestion - by happy - 11-06-2021, 09:15 PM
RE: PH training suggestion - by IdiotBaby - 11-06-2021, 09:25 PM
RE: PH training suggestion - by real (4) - 11-06-2021, 09:54 PM
RE: PH training suggestion - by RussEfarmer - 11-06-2021, 10:03 PM
RE: PH training suggestion - by TheUltraFish - 11-06-2021, 10:05 PM
RE: PH training suggestion - by RussEfarmer - 11-06-2021, 10:07 PM
RE: PH training suggestion - by reinaberg - 11-06-2021, 10:35 PM