Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PH Donor Abuse - SireSmitty
Fish requested this be made for logging purposes.

Offender's Name: [test]SireSmitty 

Offender's SteamID: STEAM_0:1:74560742

What Server(s): Prop Hunt

Offender's Rank: Donor

What They Did: used !ungag * 15 seconds after I gagged someone for micspam.  Additionally, this ungagged someone @"Koshka" had map gagged. 
Additionally, they should be reminded to let staff handle people who sit unassigned.

When They Did It: Yesterday, 11/6/21, approx. 7:10pm EST

Potential Witnesses: Koshka, kkdcquick, Flopy

Proof: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvktQnvAVS8
Timestamps are in the video description.

Other: @"Koshka" if you have any evidence from the previous map, please post it.
It is indeed myself, I didn't realize that chellman was in the lobby at that time, I was also attempting to get PH staff in the lobby because there were people mic spamming and telling people to kill themselves.

Koshka was there but wasn't doing anything about it. I never intended to abuse donor rank, I was merely just attempting to have people follow the rules. I also apologized to Chellman for what I did. I was also speaking with Koshka about the few in question that had been breaking rules and I did give warnings multiple times before gag/mute, Koshka did not disagree to my actions that I noticed.

I do really enjoy the dinkleberg servers because, in my opinion, are the best servers of GMod and I do hope to one day make the rank of at least a test mod, I just want people to follow the rules. I have had quite a few people whom also strive for moderator positions on the servers who have all agreed with my actions previous to yesterday. So again, if I have overstepped my boundaries, I do apologize deeply.
> two staff members connected
> person micspams
> person gets gagged
> ungags whole server 10 seconds after, for some reason

pls let staff, the people specifically picked to enforce rules, enforce the rules instead of doing it urself ty
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide
(11-07-2021, 01:32 PM)[test]SireSmitty Wrote: So again, if I have overstepped my boundaries, I do apologize deeply.

Bruh. There should be no "if" here. You should know whether or not you've broken the guidelines. If not before you break them, then at the very least before you respond to an abuse report made against you. You should know by now that you did, without question, overstep your boundaries. You shouldn't be attempting to take control of a situation while staff members are online, without any of them explicitly asking you to do so.

You have the ability to gag and ungag so that you can help if staff is unavailable. Not so that you can be a nuisance.
[Image: IBmuAn7.jpeg]
I don't play PH at all but I know that donors aren't supposed to do "all commands" (*) in most situations at all.
This man had good intentions and tried to help. He may have messed up but he owned up to his actions. There is a big difference between a mistake and abuse. This man doesn’t deserve a strike and barely deserves a post. Maybe explain to him the right way he should have gone about the situation.
(11-07-2021, 05:17 PM)Icey Wrote: This man had good intentions and tried to help. He may have messed up but he owned up to his actions. There is a big difference between a mistake and abuse. This man doesn’t deserve a strike and barely deserves a post. Maybe explain to him the right way he should have gone about the situation.
There is no reason to do !ungag * at all
[Image: ezgif.com-effects.gif?ex=66308f7a&is=661...height=424]
find more through my linktree | Never Forget | Green Bean
(11-07-2021, 05:27 PM)Milly-Miyazaki` Wrote:
(11-07-2021, 05:17 PM)Icey Wrote: This man had good intentions and tried to help. He may have messed up but he owned up to his actions. There is a big difference between a mistake and abuse. This man doesn’t deserve a strike and barely deserves a post. Maybe explain to him the right way he should have gone about the situation.
There is no reason to do !ungag * at all
There can be good reasons to use !ungag * as a donor but this person simply used it incorrectly. As a donor with staff on they have no need to use commands cause then things like this happen.

+1 for a donor strike.
[Image: 955ef7a32696f2e506ea3319fcb5017a.png][Image: Banned-Gravity-Small.jpg]
Resigned prop hunt trusted 4/16/2021 - 1/1/2022 <3
I mean ungagging two people that staff has gagged for good reasons doesn't really show good intentions. I get what you're saying but this is abuse whether you look at it one way or the other. 

However, considering he apologized and realized his mistakes. I think a warn and a copy of the guidelines would be sufficient. A strike might be brought up considering this isn't the first time this kind of stuff has happened. Just last night you were muting people while Koshka was in while he was dealing with a hacker. (Disregard if Koshka asked you for help.) This didn't seem like there was any malice or what not. Just please don't over step staff going forward Smitty. This is just goofy at best and not only is it overstepping, it's going against their actions by undoing their actions.
[Image: wattson-apex-legends.gif]
[Image: 6jCIuUl.gif]
(11-07-2021, 05:46 PM)Ryzif Wrote:
I mean ungagging two people that staff has gagged for good reasons doesn't really show good intentions. I get what you're saying but this is abuse whether you look at it one way or the other. 

However, considering he apologized and realized his mistakes. I think a warn and a copy of the guidelines would be sufficient. A strike might be brought up considering this isn't the first time this kind of stuff has happened. Just last night you were muting people while Koshka was in while he was dealing with a hacker. (Disregard if Koshka asked you for help.) This didn't seem like there was any malice or what not. Just please don't over step staff going forward Smitty. This is just goofy at best and not only is it overstepping, it's going against their actions by undoing their actions.
Very well said and I must say that I agree with you!