Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Proving Everyone Right (Damien's Thread)
I didn't expect this especially because of how good you actually were at staffing, hope you're doing alright man
Retired gay boy
Yes I still play!!
[Image: image.png]
You were a fun staff member dawg I’m honestly going to miss getting on with you and staffing together that shit was always super fun in my opinion  late night staffing with just me and you hit different 

one of my most favorite staff member  Heart
[Image: BbGd4LU.jpeg]
This sucks man. Staffing alongside you was always fun. I hope that you one day you can reapply when you feel ready. Thank you for helping me and teaching me the ropes. Even though you’re young, I hope you can feel good knowing that you helped some 20 year old idiot on Gmod learn to slay stoners. I’m always here if you need anything dude!
Hot diggity damn was I not expecting that.

I have no idea nor do I want to know what exactly happened but I remember when I got staff and looking back to see what people said the first and second time I applied, and some people were being snakes to me while I was on the team. It's fucked that this shit happens, but I think you proved people wrong! You went from being one of the worst trolls to being a solid staff member, so in my eyes you proved the doubters wrong, even if your tenure as staff wasn't that long. I'm glad you came to a decision that you feel is the right one, Damien. 

Much respect to you. <3
Everyone else said it better than me. You did get a lot of backlash, but you did your best to prove others wrong that you were capable of staff. In my eyes, you were ready mentally for the job, although I suspect it was just too much emotionally.

Thanks for giving it a good effort, and I hope you continue to stick around the server proper which would be a much less stressful environment now.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
This is biased but not because of you or any interactions we've had, just because of how I feel about minors staffing. You're still a kid, so I feel like it's good for your own sake that you're resigning. You should be enjoying the game, not being the primary target of trolling/harassment. I've seen you get chewed out by "friends" a couple of times for applying the rules to people within your social circle, which seems like a lot of unnecessary stress for a kid.

Finally, the "jailbait" and "daddy" thing. That's a good example of why this resignation is good for you. Opinions on the situation and how it was handled aside, it showed how much worse it can be for minor staff members when they're being targeted for harassment and trolling, and how difficult it can be to navigate that kind of situation. You shouldn't be put in a position that increases the likelihood of you, an actual fucking child, being sexually harassed by some weirdo, regardless of his or her intentions.

I hope that this decision makes the server a much better environment for your mental health and well-being. Stay safe and don't be afraid to speak up when you aren't, kiddo :)
Everyone faces trials and tribulations. The youngest of our staff usually catch the most shit unfortunately. We all appreciate your attempt at being staff. It was an admirable run, so please remember that. The romantic ideals of being a gmod staff (ahahaha fucking cringe comment LMFAO "romanticized gmod staff") can quickly wash away from the reality of it being a pain in the ass half the time.
[Image: gYIxK93.png]
When you first applied I saw a lot of my younger self in you. I held my first TTT staff position when I was 14-15 and was definitely not prepared for the mental toll it took. I was targeted a lot, and it wasn't like I was a terrible staff member, but people really hated being modded around by people younger than them. People are just waiting for you to make any semblance of a mistake so they can pounce on you.

However you proved to be far more capable than I ever was. Any initial concern I had about you being staff washed away over time as you consistently proved yourself able to handle difficult situations where you were unfairly scrutinized and chastised while merely doing your job. I am sure that you will find gameplay more enjoyable now. The pros of being a young staff member never outweigh the cons. I probably speak for a lot of people when I say you have earned nothing but respect in this community, Damien.
I just wanted to point out that I was NOT called "Jailbait" and "Daddy" by ThePhoenix. That was not me.
(11-13-2021, 04:05 PM)Damien Wrote: I just wanted to point out that I was NOT called "Jailbait" and "Daddy" by ThePhoenix. That was not me.

Ik, I meant that just demonstrated how people can behave towards minor staff in general. Probably should've been clearer about that, my bad.