Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Site Layout
So, going about, browsing the site, I keep hitting dead ends. Now, I know that site making is a pain in the ass... But some things might be easy fixes that I noticed...

Going to view your profile is a bit confusing... Clicking your profile picture takes you to a different form of User CP. Clicking the drop down menu beside your picture gives you options, but no "View User Page" or something of the sorts. An option like that would be very handy.

Having a better layout of profiles/user pages... Right now, it's ALL text, and the bio isn't really obvious or the first thing you see. I think having all the person's stats towards the bottom would be nicer to see, and might bring more personality to having a page.

Having two reply options at the bottom of a post that do the same thing is a little redundant and bothersome when you don't want to quote at all.
And having quick replies look like they don't belong under that thread/post is awkward. The reply and quote button should be different from each other, and I personally think quick reply should be removed. (That's just my opinion though)

Now that I'm actually playing with the quote button, what does it even do...? It doesn't change replying... Doesn't bring up different options... Now I'm confused lmao
Every day is a Monday
[Image: 41110189_y4Mzae3yD3FXyeu.png]
the topmost reply button is a quick quote of the post you’re replying to, whereas the bottom one gives you a more detailed view to do better formatting

the quote feature allows you to quote or reply to multiple posts rather than just 1
Easy fixes and MyBB do NOT mix well together at all. Matt has to basically recode even the smallest of things to remove a line let alone mess with a whole profile.
Ex TTT Mod Dec 14, 2019 - Dec 14, 2019
Ex PH Mod April 14, 2019 - January 20, 2020
Ex PH Mod May 9, 2020 - May 27, 2022
Proud member of the RDMS
Ex Forum Admin May 6, 2022 - May 6, 2022
Former PH Map Editor

Someone or something got rid of the notification bubble under the logo. That shit let me knew if someone was replying or pinging me directly on the forums in any thread.
[Image: h4r1WLO.gif]
Project Moon Games
Retired TTT Moderator
03-07-2020 ~ 11-17-2020
Unofficial Retired Murder Test-Moderator
11-06-2019 ~ 11-17-2020
(11-18-2021, 09:41 PM)Mana Wrote: Someone or something got rid of the notification bubble under the logo. That shit let me knew if someone was replying or pinging me directly on the forums in any thread.

Ahh yes.... it's amazing how eazy it is to delete something but not be able to put it back cause why should it work
Ex TTT Mod Dec 14, 2019 - Dec 14, 2019
Ex PH Mod April 14, 2019 - January 20, 2020
Ex PH Mod May 9, 2020 - May 27, 2022
Proud member of the RDMS
Ex Forum Admin May 6, 2022 - May 6, 2022
Former PH Map Editor

the site has driven matt to becoming the mad codder
[Image: rdm-corp-squarelogo-1446787792629.png]
(11-18-2021, 09:41 PM)Mana Wrote: Someone or something got rid of the notification bubble under the logo. That shit let me knew if someone was replying or pinging me directly on the forums in any thread.
That shit broke. For some reason it started to make the whole tab red for some reason if I recall right. I don’t think Matt has had time to really get into it and try to fix it yet.
(11-18-2021, 09:00 PM)[test]Ashe | Clown Queen Wrote: Now that I'm actually playing with the quote button, what does it even do...? It doesn't change replying... Doesn't bring up different options... Now I'm confused lmao

Pressing the button adds the post to a "clipboard". Whenever you make a new reply the posts you quoted are automatically inserted into the reply box

I'm a little out of my league saying this bc I've been on these forums for like 4 years but I never really had any problems with doing stuff like getting to my profile.. half of that because nobody really uses their profile as an actual profile, it's just kind of the place that has a list of the users posts, threads and their steamid. To get to your profile you can either click your name on any thread or go to user CP and click the somewhat out of the way profile button:
[Image: unknown.png]

Forum signature is much more prevalent than your user bio because people actually like, see that. Adding an option to the dropdown would be good tho

also the different form of the user cp that you get taken to when you click your profile picture is the menu where you change your profile picture

as for quick reply being removed thats like the best feature of the entire forum I can just type what I want and press the go button without waiting 2 hours for the reply page to show up and have the rich text editor break the spacing of my entire post 40 times

also also I'd like to suggest that the report button get fixed, if we apparently have so much trouble with forum moderation then why hasnt the report post button worked for literally 2 years
I managed to miss this thread. I believe most of the original questions are now answered? User cp does not equal profile to say that.

The Alert plug-in, what mana is referring to, won’t sync properly anymore. I could fix the visual errors of the button, but the actual plug-in is big stupid rn. So far the one casualty I’ve caused that I don’t know (yet) how to fix. It’s fairly low on the list to do atm considering it’s impact and the work I’ll need to figure out. That, stylesheet for the dark mode, rep system survey + fix, forum update and maintenance from it are the larger issues to go through when I start up another go at it. I did take a good chunk off for the holidays around December so I may can push a few thing through then.

Report button I haven’t really touched tbh. It’s been broken since before. I was here, maybe it’s an easy fix idk. Mostly people just ping me in the discord but it would be better to have a forum specific button. Might just rip that one out and redo it idk.

Also, since the spoiler plug-in wants to be dumb with the button appearing three times (haven’t narrowed the extra calls down) I might just shove that into the quote code so that quotes/replies collapse by themselves. That’ll require some testing Bc idk if the nested spoilers will shit themselves.

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
Report button has worked once or twice before from me messing with it. But I don't know where those reports go.

Also Matt stop making me look bad by actually doing stuff as admin. Reee
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks