Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's all have a talk. Serious this time.
Greetings:
Hi All. You may have seen me in PH, TTT, or Murder. I am Biig_sad. to the PH players, apparently(?) i am the cheese man, to the TTT players, I am the "idiot PH player", and I am just another murder player to the murder community.

The Topic I want to talk to you all today about:
Dinkleberg is a community server. This means that the TTT, PH, Murder, and DR all belong to the same group of people. Us. Players of dinklegberg.

The Issue (why you are all here, reading this post, hopefully)
MAINLY that there is little crossplay between the platforms that I can observe.

Suggestion:
I suggest something so simple, even a 2 minute old player could do. I suggest that this year, lets try other servers within dinkleberg. PH players, lets try TTT and DR and murder, and vice-versa. I recently re-discovered the joy of murder (its really fun) and TTT (its really really fun :) ). However, when I attempted to bring people over to TTT I failed. And when I hopped over recently, all I got was a resounding "go back to PH" from the TTT crowd. I really want there to be more of a "hey, lets go try this gamemode" at play.

At the end of the day, people playing more of every mode can increase traffic to server, which increases the playerbase. So a simple suggestion.

Next time you boot up Gmod to play the same gamemode you would have played again, try a new one from this community. You may find a good game you like.

-BIIG out
Incepimus, Nunc et semper.
This means that "we begin, now and forever", and translates as "always we begin again"
What this actually means is that we should always strive to better ourselves, because tomorrow is a new day.
I hope you take it to heart. Remember, an improvement, no matter how small, is improvement.

BIIG_SAD
Listen I know all the servers bully each other but please don't start an intentional flame war, you will kill us all
[Image: ezgif.com-effects.gif?ex=66308f7a&is=661...height=424]
find more through my linktree | Never Forget | My emotinal support cat Green Bean | Smiling Over Orange City (spotify)
(11-20-2021, 06:17 AM)Oscar Zahn (Milly) Wrote: Listen I know all the servers bully each other but please don't start an intentional flame war, you will kill us all
I did not mean to start any flaming. I just want us to all try out all the servers. I think that would be really cool.
Incepimus, Nunc et semper.
This means that "we begin, now and forever", and translates as "always we begin again"
What this actually means is that we should always strive to better ourselves, because tomorrow is a new day.
I hope you take it to heart. Remember, an improvement, no matter how small, is improvement.

BIIG_SAD
As someone who's touched all 4 servers I can still say that ttt is the worst of the bunch
[Image: h4r1WLO.gif]
Good Games
Retired TTT Moderator
03-07-2020 ~ 11-17-2020
Unofficial Retired Murder Test-Moderator
11-06-2019 ~ 11-17-2020
(11-20-2021, 06:28 AM)Mana Wrote: As someone who's touched all 4 servers I can still say that ttt is the worst of the bunch

Can confirm as someone who plays on all 4 servers sporadically. 

With less than 20 people it's actually a lot of fun on TTT... otherwise it's madness
TTT is that dysfunctional family that everyone loves to watch and want to be apart of.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
The sad truth is that as long as both sides of dinks are catered to different audiences with different general rule sets, there will never be "unification" in the community. PH gets ridiculed by TTT players because they "act like a daycare" with how hard they enforce rules (see the famous "shut up rule" meme). TTT gets ridiculed by PH players because we're "toxic assholes who only troll" (i don't need an example of this because it's true lol). Until there's a unified player base and unified general set of rules, which will never happen due to the range of age discrepancy between the two game modes, i just don't see there not being a bridge between the game modes.

edit: that's not to say we shouldn't try though!!
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
I've played on both TTT and PH. I enjoy both. Just prefer TTT as the game mode is more fun to me.
[Image: gYIxK93.png]
I will say, I have very much thoroughly enjoyed my vast 2 hours and 47 minutes playing prop hunt.
Unfortunately, I am very bad at the game therefore don't play. But I do enjoy hanging out with their crowd as well as the TTT crowd.

But Foxka described the issue well I think. The community divide happened long ago and continues to be a tough thing to reconcile today.

But I have stepped out of my comfort zone too. I've been playing a decent amount of death run recently, which has been rather fun. And I do regularly play murder.

Of course in recent weeks I barely ever played Gmod so there's a grain of salt to take.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
ph said im outlawed cuz they saw me say shut up before v__v
[Image: rdm-corp-squarelogo-1446787792629.png]