Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
BUMCANDYCANE Abuse Report
Offender's Name: BUMCANDYCANE

Offender's SteamID: STEAM_0:0:225537157

What Server(s): Prophunt

Offender's Rank: Donor

What They Did: This donator used his commands on a player that was not attempting to be malicious with the N word. After the donor was informed on the information, that the word is allowed as long as it is not in a malicious way, he keeps the player gagged and says "It doesn't matter." Keep in mind, this player used a restricted word before this, but was warned. Please take a moment and read "Other:" before commenting about this situation.

When They Did It: Last night around 2-4 AM EST?

Potential Witnesses: See Video.

Proof (You must have VIDEO and/or Multiple Screenshots as proof*): Video for abuse report.

Other: Most players/donors do not know that the N word in a non malicious manner is allowed. This was directly stated by Dinkleberg himself in a thread addressing staff and working with staff. The thread is here. The thread states this information in a reply further down from the original post below.
Dinkleberg Wrote:I was on one time when I think I heard someone say "nigga", no hard "r", and this was someone who had been playing on the server for at least a couple hours. The guy was gagged instantly and told to stop using racial slurs. Personally, I wouldn't even have a rule for this if I could get away with it, but people come in and spam the word constantly to the point where I have no choice but to make rules against it. Basically, that guy should have gotten warned 1-2 times before being gagged, especially since he said it one time. This is totally different from someone sitting there spamming the word or using it every other word in a sentence. The guy was gagged for a round and ended up disconnecting if I remember correctly.

This player has repeatedly broken donor guidelines and has a major problem knowing when to not be an actual "donor staff" in the full sense of the joke. This donor is practically acting like staff when staff are not on, and from what I've seen in older abuse threads, has even overstepped staff in bad situations. This video shows him choosing what he wants to enforce in fear of seeming like he is abusing his power. Well in this case, it's true and we do see actions that abuse the rank that he has been given for supporting the community. This donor has repeatedly broken our rules for guidelines, and has very little intention of learning them because of how many times he's been given them.

Bum, you have been given the guidelines multiple times by multiple people (Example 1, Example 2.) You have also been given the chance to work with a staff member that wanted to take time out of their day to help you to be "trained" on etiquette of being a donor. You pretty much blew the situation off previous to this statement saying you would "stop using commands" and gaslighting the person trying to help you. You also have a problem with taking matters in your own hands that extends to the discord saying you have a handle on situations staff should be called. (Example 1, Example 2.) You also give ghosters a warning, which isn't helpful because they just try to be more sneaky about it ninety percent of the time. (Example 1) You are also binding gag to certain players which is very much frowned upon. (Example 1) To refer to the "kicking a donor" statement in one of these screenshots, you decided to come at me for trying to help a prop congregate near each others and I with NO keywords that can give away their/my position. You said and I quote "Don't ghost or I'll kick you" You shouldn't be using your kick command for anything but on AFK players. It was unfortunate that I was unable to record this situation, so it will be left up to word against word. I personally think you have a problem with power and it gets to your head. You pretend to be a staff member by your actions, and you still haven't learned when to not use your commands. I'd like to think this would be enough to get you a supporter rank, but I will be humble and say +1 to another strike on you. From your actions, it's pretty much inevitable that you will either change fast or lose your rank in my personal opinion.

You can teach anyone anything, but if they aren't willing to learn then they are already lost.

Regards,
Darkkran

*edit* The area striked out has been debunked as a miscommunication but still holds as a warning and threatening to kick a player for alleged ghosting, the donor was mistaken because of the amount of stuff going on at the time. Thank you for ignoring the striked out information as well as the screenshot from the example from him being given the guidelines other than him just solely being given the guidelines. *edit*
[Image: DJ7hsWH.jpg]
The Delusional situation should have been a huge sign and a huge wake up call to step away. Bum's said, time and time again that they should take a break, and that they should stop using commands. That never happened. Those statements became a weapon like so...  His temper and attitude have gotten worse since I met him and seen all that's happened, and it's not a pretty sight...  After overstepping staff, he tried to take over for staff? Not sure how "you need to read the rules again" = "respond to pings and don't report to staff"...

+1 for a strike...
If he won't step back and chillax on his own, by force is the next option...
the rules aren't that hard to follow......
Every day is a Monday
[Image: 41110189_y4Mzae3yD3FXyeu.png]
This would be different if he had tried to reason with Dark and listen to rules that we go by. Instead of attempting to hear him out he ignored him and tried to gag him three times all while Dark is trying to explain why he shouldn’t. I only say it’d be different is because I can understand how someone might feel about hearing the word when they’re not use to it. We allow it though as long as it’s not intentionally malicious or spammed uncontrollably. 

Another thing that is frustrating is the people who are getting pinged for ghosting are instead getting warnings rather than someone getting evidence to ban. Verbal/text ghosting and 3rd party ghosting like in discord are two entirely different situations in terms of handling them. This makes it an even bigger pain to catch them because although ghosters might “stop” when you call them out. They’ll most likely do it in the future but they’ll be sneaky about it and harder to catch. It’s rare after the day ban they’re supposed to receive that we have to use the two week for them. Even rarer for the perm. I feel like he has no intention to try and learn this stuff or make any honest attempts. 

All I’ve seen is misuse of powers without thinking about why they’re being used in the first place. 

A strike would be fitting in this instance unfortunately. +1 

Edit. With added evidence I'd support moving forward with a full removal rather than just a strike.
[Image: wattson-apex-legends.gif]
[Image: 6jCIuUl.gif]
(Its my first time giving a reply so I will try to explain things as much as possible)

I like the kid and all but as we seen he steps in thinking to be staff when he isn't

On the situation of the ghosters I was there and heard when he warned the ghosters(I believe I was recording gotta check my files) while I was trying to confirm if they were or not were if it was the case that they were I notify staff, from what i remembered he said(this may not be 100% accurate but it was late so i was really sleepy) "*player name* I hope you are not ghosting or I'll kick you" at this moment I started writing to him privately that he shouldn't be calling them out since they would catch on, for a moment before his warning it seemed like they were but after it they started to act normal I'd say making it impossible to prove if they were or not

As per the N word situation, it happened between the times of 1:20 to 1:40, this player was indeed using the word and said it around 4 to 5 times, I told him to stop while in the moment Bum did as well later mentioning about gagging him when at this moment Darkkran said that it was ok if it was in the way he was using it which was not as an insult to a player(while I was a little confused on why it would be okay I still ask Darkkran kn if it actually was so I stopped asking the player stopping the usage of the word) but then Bum continues to gag him anyways.

I really liked the kid but this issue was out of hand, and Bum if your reading this I am sorry but things should not go like this
(If my opinion is valid I will +1)
I hope next time things would be different
(12-05-2021, 11:04 PM)[test]Wilfry Wrote: As per the N word situation, it happened between the times of 1:20 to 1:40, this player was indeed using the word and said it around 4 to 5 times, I told him to stop while in the moment Bum did as well later mentioning about gagging him when at this moment Darkkran said that it was ok if it was in the way he was using it which was not as an insult to a player(while I was a little confused on why it would be okay I still ask Darkkran kn if it actually was so I stopped asking the player stopping the usage of the word) but then Bum continues to gag him anyways.

I would like to state that I have spoken to Wilfry and he has assured me that the way the person was speaking wasn't spamming or being malicious. Rather he using it in a way of normal speaking for this person. I was unable to capture that part on video and for that it is my fault. The evidence of this has been handed to staff rather than posted on here because of sensitive words directly on our forums. Please keep in mind, this player was not spamming or using the word maliciously even though more uses of the word were not caught on video. Though he did use the F slur on the server, I do not believe this directly links with the way the other word was used.
+1 on a strike or removal of donor status.

This particular donor has already been the subject of donor abuse before, and I do not think he is capable of being mature enough to even understand how to use the powers he payed for as a donor.

He is argumentative and rude when he doesn't feel he has had his way and frankly, he doesn't seem to listen. Dark absolutely made the right call by reporting this, becoming increasingly argumentative over something that you SHOULD NOT have done is wack. I can say this until I turn fucking blue in the face but DONORS ARE NOT STAFF. Donors do NOT need to even respond to anything like this.

But yeah, from what I've seen in discord and here, Dark has my full support.
Go away
I would like to present this video to the jury for review. It is a video of Bum giving a warning to the alleged ghoster before threatening to call staff and threatening to kick the player allegedly ghosting. If more evidence is to present itself it will be added on this thread before close, but as of now this is all the information I have or have access to gather.

I would like to thank Wilfry for this video since at this time I was unable to gather the recording. Please also take note that this information altered the original post and to look at the edit information at the bottom of the original post.
Given the numerous times people have tried to help Bum, they've all seem to have gone under the rug. Any time constructive criticism is given they seem to ignore or deflect rather then learn. With a strike already given in the recent past combined with the numerous attempts to help I feel the only course of action is removal of donor powers at this point.
Ex TTT Mod Dec 14, 2019 - Dec 14, 2019
Ex PH Mod April 14, 2019 - January 20, 2020
Ex PH Mod May 9, 2020 - May 27, 2022
Proud member of the RDMS
Ex Forum Admin May 6, 2022 - May 6, 2022
Former PH Map Editor

I have no issue with them becoming Supporter instead of Donor. 

They have shown several times that they are not willing to listen to others (staff included) with how to properly use the commands that Donors have.
I literally sat down and broke down situations not once, but twice now for bumbum on why they cannot do things they're doing. I offered to sit down for a day and go through and teach bumbum through situations and he deflected me immediately. He is not willing to learn, or help properly. He wants to do things his way or the highway. If it so happens someone chooses highway he gaslights and has a mini blow up. "I just won't use my powers anyways its whatever"
Then turns around and keeps doing it the next day.

Usually I'm more patient and say give more chances with people like this, because they're young etc. But you cannot give chances to someone thats REFUSING to learn or to meet staff halfway. His donor just needs removed. Entirely.

+1 to supporter. Skip the strike.