Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Again, I should probably have slept but....
Ingame Name: 

BIIG_SAD  STEAM_0:0:154149659

Time Played: 

161.51 hours as of 12/12; 6:31 AM

When First Joined:

a while back for a couple minutes, really picked it up around august(?) or september(?)

Availability (Approx. times you play, and time zone): 

around 11 ish to 3-5 ish am EST, about 5 times a week.

Rank Desired: 

At this current stage, the rank I am applying for is trusted.

Current Rank:
Currently, I am a Donor who is also a regular, listed ingame as 1 week, 1 day or so, gametracker'd at 160 ish hours.

What can you do to help the community?: Why should we promote you? What can you bring to the server?
 I can do many things for the server, from being active at hours that other staff may not be available (I work a closing shift job). Also, I can bring a level head to the server in terms of calls such as evidence review. I take a matter-of-fact approach to evidence review. Finally, I bring a love for the whole community. I have played on every single server, and I can say confidently that I want this server to continue. It is just a great place to be. In terms of why, I adress this in the other: section.

Why do you want to help the community?: 
The people motivate me. The previous server I was on died due to lack of new members and lack of consistent and good core members donating and giving back. I came here, and discovered a community that was so awesome, that I simply had to stick around and make it stay around.

Have you previously been banned?
I have never been banned across any of the Dinkleberg servers, and have a clean VAC/gameban record

Have you previously applied for staff? (Link relevant posts): here

Do you have a way to record video or take screenshots? 
I use Nvidia shadowplay (set at capture 5 minute) as well as (now) always recording when hopping on TTT and PH.

How did you find us?: Why or how did you end up picking our server out of the many others?

Like I said in my previous post, I found you all a long while ago, then left and came back. I came back, and wanted to give, so I donated. Then I wanted to help more, and applied for staff. The main thing that drew me here was the people. So many nice people were here who didn't immediately call me slurs for my voice (it sounds slightly effeminate over the mic).

Other: 
Feel free to add in any extra information here such as past staffing experience. If there is anything else that might be of interest to those viewing your application, please add it in here as well.

To adress some previous concerns from my last application, lets go over them.

These are six points that Zom13ae brought up in my last application that I thought best summed up problems that I had at that time.

1. Time on server. 
I now have 161 or more hours by the time you will read this. This is only my PH server time. I have since branched out into TTT to look at how others in the Dinkleverse live. Suffice to say, this has been a good experience for me. In terms of timer/month, realize that this is about +60 hours of play time over about 30 days, which equates to an average of 2 hours a day, every day of the week.

2. getting defensive over trolls.
After spending some time in TTT land with all the random silliness of TTT, I have since learned to let small things go. Obviously, soundboards and earrape micspam are a no. If anything, my past couple of ban requests should be an indication of this. I was not going to leave certain reports undocumented until certain people did certain things that merited a report.
3. Backseat staffing. 
I know this is something a lot of us donors struggle with. Since the last time I did the process, I have learned to let the staff handle things when they are here, and to simply just record and play, so that the staff can have evidence as needed. Also pinging staff is a must.
4. awareness.
As some of my recent ban requests show, I am improving on that awareness. I have caught multiple teams of ghosters and gotten them banned with evidence. Also spotted them too.
5.Jumping the gun:
I would say that now with me recording when starting to play in conjunction with point 2, I am gathering enough evidence.
6. being a fresh face and knowing nobody:
 I have since dove into the forums. I have crossed the servers to find more people to play with. I read/caught myself up to date with most things that happened in announcements this year.

--> in light of recent events with certain issues, I will adress them.
----> to the todoroki situation, I did not know the best way to deal with someone directly threatening me in that manner, and I guess that I felt that I did not have the power/agency to correctly adress that situation. I took a short break after that, then came back when I was ready.
----> to the whole bum bum fiasco ongoing, I would adress this by pointing out that as of 12/12, I have 0 donor abuse threads, and 0 feedback/critique that I have abused my donor priviledges.
----> my first application: I read and responded to (almost) every reply. I have since taken those responses to heart, and attempted to emulate the solutions when I play. I am not perfection, but I try to always bring my A game.

In response to people who may say "hurr durr, another speedrun any%, hurr hurr durr durr" and "burnout imminent, BIIG_SAD VACation when?" I counter with that I know when to take breaks from games. I will cycle between games if I am not feeling it. If I am not feeling it, I wont play PH. I do not play PH every day (especially not recently).

Conclusion: 

I look forwards to hearing from you all. I want to hear everything be it positive, neutral, or negative you have to say about me. I am always open to criticism, critiques, and advice. No person is a perfect robot that can flawlessly do every task to perfection every single time without any inputs.

Thanks for taking time out of your day to read this massive blob of text, and as always

-BIIG-SAD
Incepimus, Nunc et semper.
This means that "we begin, now and forever", and translates as "always we begin again"
What this actually means is that we should always strive to better ourselves, because tomorrow is a new day.
I hope you take it to heart. Remember, an improvement, no matter how small, is improvement.

BIIG_SAD
Pleasantly surprised to see you applying again Sad. Let's get down to it.

Your previous deny was based on a few things such as jumping the gun, situational awareness and a few other key details.

As for jumping the gun, I do believe you've improved drastically on the evidence gathering front of things. You've created successful ghosting ban requests and other requests leaning towards violation of our other rules. I've also received useful hacking evidence from you as well. I haven't heard much of anything regarding overstepping staff like was a very small problem previously. You seem to reacting better to situations. Part of this is really just reading the room. 

Your activity as of this date. [Image: rDNfce0.png]

As far as the Todo situation you handled it correctly IMO. You gathered good evidence to support your case while keeping your head, even while being harassed. 

As far as people talking about possible "burnout" It's not like you're speeding through apps like a certain staff member had done as of recent. 

You know when you need a break. Just always be careful on pushing yourself because if you can't function properly then you won't be helpful to your cause. Take care of yourself first of course. 

Just keep trying to learn because the majority of this takes time. I think you would be ready at this point though and I have to say I support you in moving on to Trusted.

+1 from me dude.
[Image: wattson-apex-legends.gif]
[Image: 6jCIuUl.gif]
I've been observing how ya deal with stuff whenever we've played together because you had the potential to be a good addition to the Trusted peeps. You've definitely improved in every area since last application, so it's a +1 from me for Trusted.
BIIG_SAD stands out to me as an awesome community member who knows the rules. It would be foolish not to accept them as a staff member. +1.
I see no problems here, BIIG has been super helpful when he's on, he calls staff on, he's active, he makes ban requests, he does everything right. Although I have only been playing for so long so others' words are also important. I hope this goes well for you!
Retired gay boy
Yes I still play!!
[Image: image.png]
Here we are again!

It's like an exact month since your last application!  :D

I'll just touch base on the points I had on the last one:

1. You have calmed down a lot, I have witnessed you still getting a bit worked up but that happens and it's fine. You don't seem to blow those things out of proportion and make the situation more than it is. This is a great improvement.
  2. The backset staffing issue isn't much of an issue anymore.
  3. Your awareness has improved, I haven't witnessed you calling out people who aren't breaking the rules. So good on that.
  4. Your ban requests and evidence have improved over the last month. You also ping for staff when you need to and list the proper information when you do. You also haven't kicked anyone lately, lol.
  5. And you have been more active on the discord and on the forums!

I really think you took everyone's advice and improved on yourself as a part of this community. Thank you for taking what we said seriously and being positive about it, Some players tend to do the opposite when given criticism.

On this app I'll give a +1
[Image: ezgif-com-gif-maker.gif] 
[Image: Screenshot-2.png]
I haven’t been on much lately, but I’ve been on enough to see the improvement from the last app and honestly it’d be biig rad to see you as trusted. I’m half asleep so I don’t have much to say but with the way you’re improving there really isn’t much to bring up that you haven’t or won’t hear. +1 from me man.
I want to simply give a +1. I'm glad you did strive to change, and I hope you keep improving.

I know you get a lot of hate and unnecessary drama comes your way. Don't let it drag you down, and remember to take care of yourself <3
Every day is a Monday
[Image: 41110189_y4Mzae3yD3FXyeu.png]
This one is an easy +1.
You took all criticisms and applied them. You have every bit of dedication I like to see from staff. You are helpful and fun and that's important to be able to balance those.
+1 for promotion to Trusted, BIIG_SAD has done a great job with his ban requests (though they don't necessarily need to be essay length (says the person with essays for applications...)).

I will say though BIIG_SAD, you need to mentally prepare yourself for the abuse that will get thrown your way.  I remember on your Todoroki ban request that you said you needed to decompress after that event.  As staff, you will get abused quite often by players who don't like you enforcing the rules.  You must remember to take time off from the game when you need to, and call in staff reinforcements as needed.

Good luck on your application