Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
False Song Stop
(05-02-2017, 05:33 PM)Tedgp908 > Wrote:
(05-02-2017, 05:22 PM)Dildo Shwaggins Wrote:
(05-02-2017, 05:12 PM)Tedgp908 > Wrote:
(05-02-2017, 04:56 PM)Dildo Shwaggins Wrote: This thread shouldn't have existed in the first place. "False song stop" is a bullshit complaint, because complaining about your queue being stopped is bullshit. Just queue something another goddamn round. You know you're trying to stir the pot, OP. And you succeeded And now it's spiraled out of control with toxicity on all sides. Just drop it. All of you.

The thread was all good until Rippe decided to come out of nowhere and insult me, and the work I have done for this server. In his act "unbecoming of staff".

The original post was trying to stir the pot and succeeded in doing so. Rippe was wrong in insulting you. Rick Sanchez was definitely trying to spark some sort of argument with the thread by trying to make a big deal out of nothing. It's resulted in an argument that doesn't need to happen and the worst of everyone being brought out.
Nothing here was out of hand until one person took it far. OP did bring up a good question on what was acceptable to queue and what was not, he just worded it wrong. It was one person overreacting.

The post from me was satire. Does Dinkleberg's really support terrorism? No.

I didn't make an abuse report as it wasn't abuse, it was a mistake in my eyes. As I said in the original passage it is not a complaint against Christian as a staff member because he is good at his job. I was making the suggestion that we do not stop songs in Arabic because it's in Arabic, it is in no way inheritably offensive. The song doesn't say anything anti-american, I said nothing against Islam as a religion, it is just a remix of the song I enjoy because of the beat. Don't accuse me of doing shit I haven't done Dildo, it was a simple suggestion made after Christian and I had a disagreement over the islamophobic nature of the song, which it in no way is.
[Image: running-shaggy.gif]
I'd say just take it to PM's with each other and lock this before it gets super out of hand :|.
or ideally
Take up an actual dialogue on what is and is not appropriate to queue; and why. As a community.
                                                                                                TTT - Test Mod
                                                                                  PH - Just a guy who nukes rooms
I agree, lets lock the thread please
Dont look so blue
Slipping in here before the thread lock
          [Image: b_560x95.png]

[Image: 76561198309335191.png]
Same ^
We never actually answered his question
(05-03-2017, 04:28 PM)⌠ƒ€ѦГ⌡StaleWater Wrote: We never actually answered his question

Sometimes we all need this little nudge, you right you right. Uno momento!

Ok so my official input on the matter at hand here, all opinion of course because goodness knows i'm not staff and don't get to decide:
If you're deeming Islamic (Arabic, etc) music as offensive just because of the language it's in; that is inherent racism.
No one song should be stopped simply for the language it is in.
Being in Islamic, Arabic, German, Russian, Japanese, English, etc, doesn't by ANY means make the song offensive. As well if that's "racist/islamaphobic" just for being in the language, let's annex every and any song with words in it period.
On the point of it being an "isis theme", it's still a song regardless of the fact. We can't look past that, nor empower a rebel terrorist group to dictate what we do and don't enjoy.
Nazi's picked up the swastika, but it still stands for peace/luck/wealth in the Hindu religion.
I'm not telling all the mini-marts around me to take their swastikas down; because in a matter of context (which is what this is really all about) it's no offensive.

The best way I can put this is, is a question.
I could start up a Nazi brigade right now and make my theme song Easy Street. If I build a following and hit mainstream media, is that now offensive to all non-Caucasians and no longer a viable queue?
                                                                                                TTT - Test Mod
                                                                                  PH - Just a guy who nukes rooms