Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So, like I was saying...
I am neutral. 

The main reasons being is that there hasn't been anything that say "OH YEAH! FINALLY!!" type thing for me when it comes to your performance but the things that really made me go meh about this is this:
"But in all seriousness; I want to continue to help everyone out. I know I can do this as a Tmod, I know it's more responsibility and I completely understand and recognize this. This will be my last app, as well, I don't think I'll be wanting another position after tmod (If I get promoted). " Now I realize that you are being honest which I respect the honesty, there's just part of me that doesn't feel like you should be promoted because from a long term perspective this just seems almost lazy. AGAIN, this is just my observation that doesn't mean it's a fact or anything so nobody get all wound up... 

An additional contributing factor is what I've heard from various reliable players that wish to stay anonymous. They've brought up the concern that on a few occasions within the last 30 days a donor has had to take control of a few troll situations and you were just basically there or not involved. 

Now maybe you had stepped away from the PC for a min, I do not know the details and these individuals didn't provide video for me to watch but I have heard this observation made mention from at least 3 different sources. 

I had really hoped to be able to be on server with you more recently before commenting but you get on server when i'm going to sleep lawl. 

All in all, I do not have an issue with you advancing there just isn't anything I've seen that makes you stand out in my eyes. 

Keep on keeping on
(12-17-2021, 12:15 AM)The Triangle Wrote: I am neutral. 

The main reasons being is that there hasn't been anything that say "OH YEAH! FINALLY!!" type thing for me when it comes to your performance but the things that really made me go meh about this is this:
"But in all seriousness; I want to continue to help everyone out. I know I can do this as a Tmod, I know it's more responsibility and I completely understand and recognize this. This will be my last app, as well, I don't think I'll be wanting another position after tmod (If I get promoted). " Now I realize that you are being honest which I respect the honesty, there's just part of me that doesn't feel like you should be promoted because from a long term perspective this just seems almost lazy. AGAIN, this is just my observation that doesn't mean it's a fact or anything so nobody get all wound up... 

I respect your opinion but I'm not sure how this is preserved as lazy. I took my time with this and was very honest about it. I even reached out to a few peers to get their opinion before moving forward with the application. Having dyslexia can sometimes make me overprocess what I'm trying to say; so I've learned to keep things simple but try to portray importance in my responses.

Quote:An additional contributing factor is what I've heard from various reliable players that wish to stay anonymous. They've brought up the concern that on a few occasions within the last 30 days a donor has had to take control of a few troll situations and you were just basically there or not involved. 

Now maybe you had stepped away from the PC for a min, I do not know the details and these individuals didn't provide video for me to watch but I have heard this observation made mention from at least 3 different sources. 

When I'm unresponsive and the only staff member on then I would hope the donors would step up, especially if it's donors that help out regularly. When I was a donor I would do this if I knew a staff member was busy or was tabbed out. 
But this is also pretty vague... I know we have some donors that like to jump the ball in some situations or think someone is breaking a rule when it's just a misunderstanding. I would really need to know more about these occurrences to really have a better response.

Usually, if I am not responsive I'm tabbed out from the game; either to update the ptw, grab a screenshot, go through the evidence, and a number of things. As I am tabbed out the live audio is cut off but I continue to record (this is helpful with ghosties/cheaters), although the audio is muted, so if there is something happening while I'm tabbed out there is not much I can do about that.
When I do tab back in I normally ask if something happened and most of the time everything is fine. If a player got a mute or a gag I continue with monitoring that player and update the ptw.

Unfortunately, I cannot have eyes and ears constantly on the server, exceptionally when I'm gathering evidence and putting together a ban request. 
Thank you for bringing this to my attention... I feel kind of bad that the players didn't say something to me though, these kinds of things let me know where I'm lacking and what needs improvement. 
Quote:I had really hoped to be able to be on server with you more recently before commenting but you get on server when i'm going to sleep lawl. 

All in all, I do not have an issue with you advancing there just isn't anything I've seen that makes you stand out in my eyes. 

Keep on keeping on

Again thank you for you're response and opinions, I'll try to work on these negative things and hopefully turn them into positives.

(12-15-2021, 08:00 PM)[test]Wilfry Wrote: Having over 20 Deadpool models doesn't make me weird

Anyways, Zom is one of the most active Trusted Staff members I've seen in these past 2 to 3 months(at least on the times I'm around playing and I'm here for almost 6 hours a day sooo....) and showing that she has control and she knows what she is doing this is a solid +1

ALSO DEADPOOL BEST PLAYER MODEL

Wilfry thank you.
Also, I'm pretty worried you have an addition to Deadpool models, please seek help.
[Image: ezgif-com-gif-maker.gif] 
[Image: Screenshot-2.png]
As a donor myself on ph, I don't mind stepping up to help. However the rare times I have played with you, whether it was intentional or not, I felt like things were being passed on to me. Like you took a back seat.
I may be mistaken so correct me if I'm wrong but you were the member on during the bortio incident with myself? I can't recall I have mom brain excuse me. LMAO
I do know you were in staff call with possum streaming for help. I asked to help because it just seemed seemed you were elsewhere and missed a good handful of things, as I really don't like to help staff ph anymore, it's a lot for me.  I just think you need a bit more time as trusted to learn how to balance things. Being able to balance before being handed banning power is important.

On top of that to note;  triangle wasn't calling your application lazy but the route you're taking. Take some time to go back to that with fresh eyes later. I have a half agreeance there myself.
On the other note,  nobody expects you to have eyes on server constantly. However the way you responded struck me wrong. As a long time staff member,  he knows these kinds of things, myself as well. When mentioning stepping away it's not meant, keep your eyes glued. Just meant in a, as I said above, you don't seem entirely there.
As for ban requests unless you have a mod waiting then and there, it's best to do then when you leave imo. This is not only to improve focus but to take away stress of watching,  filling stuff out, and etc all at one time. Focus more on enjoying the game and working on balance.
Take these criticisms as areas to work on.
-1 for now.
(12-17-2021, 05:34 AM)Mother Nuru. Wrote: As a donor myself on ph, I don't mind stepping up to help. However the rare times I have played with you, whether it was intentional or not, I felt like things were being passed on to me. Like you took a back seat.
I may be mistaken so correct me if I'm wrong but you were the member on during the bortio incident with myself? I can't recall I have mom brain excuse me. LMAO
I do know you were in staff call with possum streaming for help. I asked to help because it just seemed seemed you were elsewhere and missed a good handful of things, as I really don't like to help staff ph anymore, it's a lot for me.  I just think you need a bit more time as trusted to learn how to balance things. Being able to balance before being handed banning power is important.

There hasn't been, that I recall, many times we've played together. I actually thought you were higher ranking staff...I never realized that you were not, so if it seemed that I back off while you were on, that's why and I apologize.
As for the bortio incident that was not me who was on with you when that happened. I actually was out of town visiting family at the time. The streaming for help has me confused? Possum and I were watching a hacker one time trying to get ss evidence and stuff once but I'm pretty sure that was the only time we've done that.

Quote:On top of that to note;  triangle wasn't calling your application lazy but the route you're taking. Take some time to go back to that with fresh eyes later. I have a half agreeance there myself.
On the other note,  nobody expects you to have eyes on server constantly. However the way you responded struck me wrong. As a long time staff member,  he knows these kinds of things, myself as well. When mentioning stepping away it's not meant, keep your eyes glued. Just meant in a, as I said above, you don't seem entirely there.
As for ban requests unless you have a mod waiting then and there, it's best to do then when you leave imo. This is not only to improve focus but to take away stress of watching,  filling stuff out, and etc all at one time. Focus more on enjoying the game and working on balance.
Take these criticisms as areas to work on.
-1 for now.

In no way was I trying to be negative about his response or the criticism. I'm not trying to make excuses, only explain why I may not be responsive or tabbed away. If you have some advice on how to be more present in the game I will gladly take it. I like to get the ban requests out of the way before I get off or I will stress about it in the back of my mind. It's how I've been doing them since I was a donor and it's just how my brain works out tasks, lol, it just simplifies the list of things for me.

I respect both your and triangle's perspectives as longtime staff members. Can you help me understand what's lazy about the route I'm taking? Anything I'm currently doing wrong, I'm happy to improve.
(12-17-2021, 08:00 AM)Zom13ae Wrote:
(12-17-2021, 05:34 AM)Mother Nuru. Wrote: -snip-

There hasn't been, that I recall, many times we've played together. I actually thought you were higher ranking staff...I never realized that you were not, so if it seemed that I back off while you were on, that's why and I apologize.
As for the bortio incident that was not me who was on with you when that happened. I actually was out of town visiting family at the time. The streaming for help has me confused? Possum and I were watching a hacker one time trying to get ss evidence and stuff once but I'm pretty sure that was the only time we've done that.
Responses in read to keep it easier on the eyes, the streaming was relating to the bortio incident so pay 0 attention if that wasnt you. Super donor/donor - on ph is not staff for anyone else reading future wise. Oops xD

Quote:-snip-

In no way was I trying to be negative about his response or the criticism. I'm not trying to make excuses, only explain why I may not be responsive or tabbed away. If you have some advice on how to be more present in the game I will gladly take it. I like to get the ban requests out of the way before I get off or I will stress about it in the back of my mind. It's how I've been doing them since I was a donor and it's just how my brain works out tasks, lol, it just simplifies the list of things for me.

I respect both your and triangle's perspectives as longtime staff members. Can you help me understand what's lazy about the route I'm taking? Anything I'm currently doing wrong, I'm happy to improve.
For sure did not mean you were being negative with your response or anything, just pointing out and clarifying more on what he meant because it didn't seem well grasped. As for advice, the best thing is time. With time comes experience. On top of that telling peoplre you're tabbing out, afk, or brb, whatever it takes, helps a ton to let donors or other staff know when you're not there watching. Whether it be a fast pm to a donor you trust to watch things while you tab or another member in admin chat, both work fine! Same goes for ban requests. If you're going to do those midgame, let someone know so things are being watched. The waiting until game is done was just my suggestion/opinion because I myself prefer people to be present in game when things are going on and a ban request is highly distracting even if it's fast and simple.
As for the lazy route thing; this leads back to the passing things off. It can come off in a way that you're going up to a rank high enough to temporarily get issues/problematic people out of the way and that's it. You don't care to progress and help further than that and that's another reason my vote came the way it did. I just really think more time is the best thing for you rn.
I did expess my opinion privately on more serious topics, but I wanted to make this one clear, through my own words. I get that I haven't been around for very long, and trust is a hard thing to give to someone, but whenever I tried to help in any way, I got scolded for it. That was the biggest gripe that ever stuck with me.
I've helped Koshka, Chell, Ryz- Not once having much of an issue. But ever since I started to help and you were on... things weren't accepted kindly...

I'm giving a -1 for this, the tabbing issue, and my opinion that more time and organization should be worked on. The work flow is slowing you down more than aiding you...
You're a good staff member otherwise Zom, the ban request archives can prove that. I just don't think now is the time.
Every day is a Monday
[Image: 41110189_y4Mzae3yD3FXyeu.png]
(12-17-2021, 07:06 PM)Mother Nuru. Wrote:
(12-17-2021, 08:00 AM)Zom13ae Wrote:
(12-17-2021, 05:34 AM)Mother Nuru. Wrote: -snip-

Responses in read to keep it easier on the eyes, the streaming was relating to the bortio incident so pay 0 attention if that wasnt you. Super donor/donor - on ph is not staff for anyone else reading future wise. Oops xD

Quote:-snip-

For sure did not mean you were being negative with your response or anything, just pointing out and clarifying more on what he meant because it didn't seem well grasped. As for advice, the best thing is time. With time comes experience. On top of that telling peoplre you're tabbing out, afk, or brb, whatever it takes, helps a ton to let donors or other staff know when you're not there watching. Whether it be a fast pm to a donor you trust to watch things while you tab or another member in admin chat, both work fine! Same goes for ban requests. If you're going to do those midgame, let someone know so things are being watched. The waiting until game is done was just my suggestion/opinion because I myself prefer people to be present in game when things are going on and a ban request is highly distracting even if it's fast and simple.
As for the lazy route thing; this leads back to the passing things off. It can come off in a way that you're going up to a rank high enough to temporarily get issues/problematic people out of the way and that's it. You don't care to progress and help further than that and that's another reason my vote came the way it did. I just really think more time is the best thing for you rn.
Thank you for clarifying and the advice; it’s very appreciated. I'll be sure to try and let people know before tabbing or going afk in the future.
lol

+1, while I usually have enough sense to stay in my lane, I’ve played recently and in the time that I’ve been on, you’ve demonstrated strong qualities of patience, tact, and knowledge that I’d typically associate with the TMod role
(12-17-2021, 04:58 AM)Zom13ae Wrote:
(12-17-2021, 12:15 AM)The Triangle Wrote: I am neutral. 

I respect your opinion but I'm not sure how this is preserved as lazy. I took my time with this and was very honest about it. I even reached out to a few peers to get their opinion before moving forward with the application. Having dyslexia can sometimes make me overprocess what I'm trying to say; so I've learned to keep things simple but try to portray importance in my responses.

I will try to explain my perspective better. You started by saying "I want to continue to help everyone out." but then you say almost directly after "This will be my last app, as well, I don't think I'll be wanting another position after tmod (if I get promoted)". 

Though this isn't a job but more of a side hobby I will give the perspective that I have as someone who's been part of hiring/analyzing people. 
Think for a second if you were an employer of sorts, do you want someone who is going to strive to get better/advance in life or someone who is going to just do what they do and coast along?

From what you said it made it seem like you're just going to coast along, not really make waves just kind of be there. As you move up in the staff positions you make waves, you make friends, you make enemies, due to experience and perspective you help make changes. 

What I'm saying is that from what you've said, it would seem like you're not willing to make the waves.

I hope this created more clarity than confusion and was educational as my perspective. This isn't an attack but an attempt to show you how I view some things. 
Honestly, I read this and thought it was a shitpost for the entire time it's been up.

I may not be active in server, but I still see and hear a lot. And I've got to agree with Voss. Tabbing in and out is fine and all, I had one monitor I get it, but tabbing out and staying out consistently and then saying that you felt comfortable to leave it for donors is what got me.

Donors aren't staff, donors should not be acting on behalf of staff unless SPECIFICALLY told to do so, which I have had to do before for emergency personal calls. But that attitude concerns the absolute SHIT out of me because once we have an expectation for donors to do shit, then we have a whole new level of "donor staff" we have to deal with. Donors have added perks, but are never to be expected to act on behalf of staff. That's my opinion on that matter.

Stepping away for ban requests, I get that too. I used to do that when I first started and guess what? I missed bigger and more important issues and had zero evidence because of that. Do all your ban requests out of game completely. Do them right away or in 3 days, fuck if I care, but if it's something that stresses you out in your personal life? You should be taking a break not a promotion.

This probably sounds super harsh and I don't mean it to be but I'm exhausted.

I wish you the best of luck regardless, but I am with -1
Go away