Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SireSmitty for Trusted
Ingame Name: [test]SireSmitty

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:74560742

Time Played: 159 hours

When First Joined: October 19, 2021

Availability (Approx. times you play, and time zone): Times I play varies, I do have kids to take care of but usually 10am - 5pm MST.

Rank Desired: Trusted

Current Rank: Donor 

What can you do to help the community?: Most people enjoy my personality and I enjoy many from the server so I wish to try to keep the server a happy and safe place to be for everyone who comes to play.

Why do you want to help the community?: This server has quickly become my favorite among all others and I only play on dinkleberg servers (mostly PH)

Have you previously been banned? (Link relevant posts): No

Have you previously applied for staff? (Link relevant posts): No

Do you have a way to record video or take screenshots? Yes, I have screenshot capabilities as well as recording software

How did you find us?: I was scrolling servers when Dinkleberg caught my eye and I decided may as well, once I was in, I knew immediately that I was home 
Hello Smitty, all right lets be real I do like you but theres something bothering me

I've heard you saying some things that I would have never imagine from a player everybody commonly knows.  Some times I do consider them innapropriate to be honest.  Also theres what I heard from the issue with the donor abusers from yesterday where it seems that you said something that for me crossed the line way too far in my opinion if you actually did(I will not confirm since I was not there nor did I see video evidence about it).  I'm very careful with the topics we bring in the server because we have children on in occasions.  Now I don't want you to see this as hate, instead as a honest opinion.  I do believe you can fix this really quick and if I do see changes for good about it I might edit my vote.

but for now I will stay neutral +/-0

Best of luck on getting Trusted and see you in PH

Edit: so after I saw what happened in the Discord chat recently were you gave some responses to a player I not support especially from somebody who is attempting to be staff.  No mather how bad a player is, nobody should get attacked because theres other ways to deal with it.

Sadly my neutral vote is now going to be a -1
[Image: unknown.png]
Hey dude so right off the bat, you're gonna want to get some ban requests in. This shows the staff that you have the tools and understanding to comfortably make ban requests, as well, it helps us see that you have a good understanding of the rules (I know, its not a requirement, but it makes you look like you have a grasp on shit).

You've only just made your introduction thread today but have been lurking since September - which is gucci. I would like to see more interaction on forums and in discord (but honestly maybe I've just missed a lot of your action).

As for how you act on server and with other members of the community, that I cannot comment on.

Anyways long story fucking short I am -1 for the simple fact that I am an asshole and just wanna see you stand out a bit more you shining star.
Go away
As someone who went through the gauntlet twice recently, I feel that I am qualified to ask some questions.

1. can you explain your behaviors the noted time where you stepped over staff to gag/mute a player?
  2. are you willing to overlook friendships? staffing, as I have learned recently, staffing involves ignoring friends and enemies. Can you be a fair judge?
  3. Are you willing to withstand abuse from literally everyone? people will come out of everywhere to talk smack to you. Can you withstand this?
Until I get some answers to these questions, based on the limited evidence that I can see, the only way I could vote is:

I think you need some time here to watch staff and mature. Because I do not have a complete data set, this is the best response I can give. I do not know you well/remember you. I havent seen you make any ban requestsI think that a step back to examine your personal situation would be a good idea.
Incepimus, Nunc et semper.
This means that "we begin, now and forever", and translates as "always we begin again"
What this actually means is that we should always strive to better ourselves, because tomorrow is a new day.
I hope you take it to heart. Remember, an improvement, no matter how small, is improvement.

BIIG_SAD
Please understand that my reply might sound harsh but it is meant to be taken as something to learn from. 

You have a donor strike from previously abusing. You are making some "interesting" jokes in the public lobby. You are handling situations without recording anything. I understand software messing up but something that staff must always do is record in the idea of preserving evidence. We must list and handle things correctly. You are still confused about gagging. You asked me today if a second gag that I provided for someone mic spamming was a map gag. You told me you've gagged people three to four times during a single map. It goes round gag then map gag. Simple.

I have some suggestions before you consider this again:

- Work on keeping inappropriate stuff out of the public chat of the lobby. 

- Learn the rules and the guidelines. You seem to not know things that at this point, you should know. 

- Fix your recording software.

- Don't over step staff. You were constantly warning people while I was in lobby today. Normally I have no issue over it but considering I couldn't even talk to them specifically or handle anything without hearing from you telling them not to do something. I feel like I should bring it up. We got this. It's one thing to help out if they request it but I certainly don't remember it. 

- Review the donor guidelines. We just updated them ( : 

- Learn how to make ban requests. 

Gonna post a video below from today. The same day you decided to make this app. You turned a weird sentence with no real inclination towards something bad since we are literally hunters running around with guns, into a school shooter joke. You regret it and said you did but at the same time, this kind of stuff can not be brought up from staff in the lobby. Not in PH. 

This is not me saying that no one makes fucked up jokes, this is me saying keep it out of server.

[Image: wattson-apex-legends.gif]
[Image: 6jCIuUl.gif]

After observing how you've behaved whenever we've played together, I don't believe that you're ready for trusted. 

You're too eager to jump at every minute thing that occurs in order to flex your donor powers, and you give off some pretty potent donor staff vibes while doing so. 

Just about every time that we've played together, I've witnessed you gagging/muting players that haven't even been warned and threatening donor power usage based on mob rule instead of adhering to da rules. 

And you also have a tendency to argue with long-time players and other donors when they try to give you advice on how to handle certain situations.

My advice for you ischill out with the power flexing, learn or relearn da rules to improve your consistency, and try to harmonize with the other donors (especially the knowledgeable, active long-time players) as to reduce dissonance and disorganization when staff isn't on.  

-1 from me.
Thanks for putting interest into being a staff member. We're always excited to welcome a positive contributor to staff.

But unfortunately, I don't believe you are that type of person. Here are a few reasons, in my opinion, why you don't qualify to become staff.

- You're history on the server isn't always pleasant.
- The inappropriate nature of some subjects and jokes.
- The lack of communication and involvement within the community.
- You have at times been known to overstep with staff.
- The total absence of ban requests or any help towards staff.

You have not contributed to this community, it would seem at all. Due to these reasons, I'm going to give the application a -1.
[Image: ezgif-com-gif-maker.gif] 
[Image: Screenshot-2.png]
Hi Smitty,
I was going to wait and get some server time with you before I responded here but from reading everyone comments here and seeing your interaction today on discord I can say that atm I dont think you are ready for staff.
Your issue with this other player did not have become such a problem on the discord. I thought it was very immature and not how anyone on staff or applying for staff should be acting. Especially in such a public way. I think you need to think some things through and mature a lot before you apply again.

doing some maturing and try again.
-1 for now.
[Image: drunk-possum.jpg]
MEEP.
STOP FUCKING PUSHING ME.

Couple of things here, SireSmitty. I'm going to base this off my interactions with you via discord and off what the others have said, as I've never played PH with you.

-I would agree with possum that you are definitely more on the immature side, and if you plan to be a leader, you can still have fun, but you need to distinguish when it's time to kid around and when it's time to get serious.

-I'm a little confused as to what you mean ZOm13ae as to try and say that Smitty's history on the server is always pleasant. Did you mean to say unpleasant? Regardless, I do agree with your overall message, not necessarily the tone. Smitty, you have to contribute to the community if you want to be staff, it's not as simple as saying "I want the power" and taking no responsibility for it. 

-If what Toaduh says you're doing is accurate, then that's something you definitely need to work on. I understand wanting to follow the rules, but nobody likes interacting with someone who flexes their power they have at any given moment; it just comes across as being extremely insecure about yourself. Possum already said it better than I did, this mostly comes from a lack of maturity.

-Ryzif nailed it on the coffin; you're allowed to make offensive jokes... but with the right audience. You can't do that in a server of 40 players who you cannot possibly know all of them or their triggers/histories. For all you know, you could've triggered someone's memory of an incident when somebody had their school shot up or something. You gotta know the time and place, and PH definitely is the last place to make jokes like that. Also, if you don't have a basic understanding of the rules, you have no chance of being taken seriously as a staff member.

Everyone else who has posted before these individuals seem to have said these same major points.

As for me, here is my feedback that I'll add on to what I've already said:

A lot of this boils down to this; are you willing to work on these things? If you are, then reapply after a month or 2 and show the community with your actions, not your words. Words mean absolutely nothing if you do not back them up with consistency and action. 

-1. Work on these things and improve your credibility before reapplying. If you do that, it just makes your case stronger.

Thank you for your time.
bumping for potential additional feedback