Poll: Choices for the Jumppack
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Remove Jumppack
13.89%
10 13.89%
Remove + use Russ' fall damage script
29.17%
21 29.17%
Rework Jumppack
33.33%
24 33.33%
Keep Jumppack
23.61%
17 23.61%
Total 72 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The state of the Jumppack
After many months of being in a stonewall regarding the jetpack, the admin team has finally reached an agreement that we should do something about it. 
We have our ideas but I would like to gauge responses before we come to any concrete conclusions. This would be the time to let us know what you think should be done. Our current plan is to have an answer later in the year. 
With that said if we do a removal we have a plan to try and make it as smooth as possible. Any more info will be shared at a later time. Lastly, thank you if you do vote or leave a response.
I feel like we should be able to vote for more than 1 option on this poll
Kaptain Les
TTT Mod
Discord Admin
PH Helper
DR Player
Murder Hater
[Image: otzEX]
Fuck G-Cubed
[Image: he-man-background-1.gif]
can you describe russ' fall damage script
Going to show everyone how to fix the jumppack problem:
Just don't equip it if you don't want to use it.
Allow me to demonstrate:

We already removed the grapple hook to better balance the competitive advantage, let us keep the jumppacks.
Does it mess with hitreg like 0.01% of the time? Yes. Shitreg exists with or without the jumppack. The reg is still good enough 98% of the time, and was shitty during the trial.
Does it let people hang in the ceiling? Yes. Treat ceiling glitching as cheating/exploiting, or patch/remove maps that allow for that exploit.
Does it let people zoom about the roofs and surf? Yes. What impact does that really have on the game?

Try not to suckle all the fun out of a video game please.
This issue was settled when the option to modify jumppacks was offered, along with full removal and keep as is. Keeping as-is was the winner of that vote. I suggest we keep to what the people want, and stop allowing the very vocal minority dictate fundamental mechanics of our server.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
(01-07-2022, 11:56 PM)Jammin Wrote: Going to show everyone how to fix the jumppack problem:
Just don't equip it if you don't want to use it.
Allow me to demonstrate:

We already removed the grapple hook to better balance the competitive advantage, let us keep the jumppacks.
Does it mess with hitreg like 0.01% of the time? Yes. Shitreg exists with or without the jumppack. The reg is still good enough 98% of the time, and was shitty during the trial.
Does it let people hang in the ceiling? Yes. Treat ceiling glitching as cheating/exploiting, or patch/remove maps that allow for that exploit.
Does it let people zoom about the roofs and surf? Yes. What impact does that really have on the game?

Try not to suckle all the fun out of a video game please.
This issue was settled when the option to modify jumppacks was offered, along with full removal and keep as is. Keeping as-is was the winner of that vote. I suggest we keep to what the people want, and stop allowing the very vocal minority dictate fundamental mechanics of our server.
Thanks for the tutorial i needed that :D
[Image: D6E0C93A-D285-4C99-B7AB-C616869240B2.jpg...2d0fbf6a9&][Image: 86DBE62D-5EE5-47F0-9E4C-DE5FA0541D5B.jpg...d2ef8e0e3&]
Ex- TTT Mod
Dong's Favorite Tmod
LETS FUCKING GOOOOOO

(01-07-2022, 11:56 PM)Jammin Wrote: Does it mess with hitreg like 0.01% of the time? Yes. Shitreg exists with or without the jumppack. The reg is still good enough 98% of the time, and was shitty during the trial.

man its like you didnt play when it was briefly removed, the issues it causes created such a stark contrast that it was immediately noticeable how much better reg was that shotguns became much more usable

its also almost like we’ve discussed trying to punish for it, or map patching roofs, and its just simply not possible to punish for something everyone does on accident, and to edit each individual map (which wouldnt even work, not even considering the work involved) is just unrealistic in every sense

a jumppack rework to lessen the height and lower fall damage is probably the best middle ground we can get

additionally, if we gave up every time we finished a vote, things like 1 hit knife never wouldve been changed, yet such a change does provide a positive benefit. opinions change.
(01-07-2022, 11:41 PM).cee Wrote: can you describe russ' fall damage script

The script will allow us to reduce the fall damage taken similar to what the jetpack offers now without giving the jump boost.

You can find the thread where Russ described it here: https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...?tid=15295

its basically a hook that multiplies fall damage by a percentage, so you can make it do like 25% damage. you can scale it however you want
(01-08-2022, 12:23 AM)MORE POWER MORE POWER MORE POWER Wrote:

its basically a hook that multiplies fall damage by a percentage, so you can make it do like 25% damage. you can scale it however you want

So the script takes base fall damage but multiplied by whatever multiple you want to decrease damage by?
I would personally love a rework + fall damage script. In my eyes it’s the best middle ground for it. Reducing the power to 8 to make people not fly into the cieling so much while also adding a fall damage script so anyone can jump around or off things with little worries to damage, also this way there isn’t such a huge difference in fighting abilities of jumppack and non jumppack users.