Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Salty's Redemption- The Discord Arc
(01-10-2022, 03:43 PM)J@CK XDDD Wrote: Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh look at that resume of strikes/bans and this mf still getting +1 you wild dog. No vote because im inactive af because of school but I do gotta question. You actually wanna do this? be here to do this? If so props bro GL cutie

Yes. I do wish to do this. As I stated earlier, my biggest problem with what I was doing the first time around on this is I tried changing who I was as a person, and that is what made me burn out and then develop that resume. I think I'll be much more effective this time because I will not make that mistake twice. A lot of how I handled myself in the past was due to a large presence of insecurity that no longer exists. I'm fully confident that I want to do this. As someone who plans to be a future educator, I would like to give myself as much experience working with a team and being in a position of authority as humanly possible.

There are some who would argue that "being staff cannot be translated to the classroom," but I disagree with that sentiment and here's why. Being a successful staff member in any capacity requires you to be disciplined, well-mannered, and show patience when situations arise; every single one of those skills can be translated to classroom management. If you're lacking in any of those things, you start to lose credibility. 

Also, there is something else that you had said to me when I had applied for discord moderator a while ago that I feel like I've improved on as well. I don't know if you remember this or not, but something that you had told me a year ago was that I was too nice and lenient to be a mod. This was not only true on discord but also on TTT; this was due to a lack of confidence in my judgement and an inability to know how to set my foot down. This also was a problem in my personal and work life too, so when you told me that back then, I didn't really think about it at that moment. After a while, I started to become aware of when I needed to stand my ground and have a backbone. As a result, I was able to improve my quality of life by cutting ties with people who were toxic to me, no longer allowing my managers to walk all over me at Kroger and have a backbone when I was leading my section in college marching band.  

What I'm trying to say is that I thank you for that, as it was a wakeup call. I didn't want to acknowledge it at first, but I'm grateful that you gave me it.

(01-10-2022, 04:26 PM)Quartz Wrote: Your past behavior is way too extreme to be staffing the discord.  I personally don't believe you should ever hold a staff position here again.  Sometimes when I was in the discord calls with you I felt extremely uncomfortable.  I am the one that issued some of those discord punishments and every one was deserved.  At the least more time needs to pass before you would be staff again.  Sorry but I felt I had to be honest.

Thank you for your honesty! I apologize that I made you uncomfortable in calls; the worst part is I definitely had no idea.

I have no doubt in my mind that you aren't the only one who has that opinion, and it's completely justifiable. If it's more time that I need, I hope I can prove to you and others that I am not that person from nearly 7 months ago anymore.

Also, thank you to everyone else for expressing your points; please know I have read it and I truly appreciate your time.

Messages In This Thread
Salty's Redemption- The Discord Arc - by David - 01-09-2022, 06:42 PM
RE: Salty's Redemption- The Discord Arc - by dong - 01-09-2022, 06:52 PM
RE: Salty's Redemption- The Discord Arc - by HONG - 01-09-2022, 06:58 PM
RE: Salty's Redemption- The Discord Arc - by David - 01-10-2022, 04:35 PM
RE: Salty's Redemption- The Discord Arc - by David - 01-10-2022, 10:00 PM
RE: Salty's Redemption- The Discord Arc - by David - 01-10-2022, 11:10 PM
RE: Salty's Redemption- The Discord Arc - by David - 01-12-2022, 10:31 AM
RE: Salty's Redemption- The Discord Arc - by David - 01-12-2022, 03:28 PM
RE: Salty's Redemption- The Discord Arc - by David - 01-12-2022, 07:54 PM