Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Salty's Redemption- The Discord Arc
I now shall give a more detailed response to the criticism that I've received on this thread, rather than thanking and acknowledging your opinions and honesty. No, I am not going to be toxic or express anger, as I am glad people are being honest; I just am going to make a defense against some of these criticisms. 

The criticism I've received here has been very warranted; as I stated on the initial post of this thread, I was not expecting this to be a "we're all in support for you!" type of post because of my strike history and the 2020 tenure I had as staff.

What I do find to be just a little bit confusing is that support changed to opposition using the argument "after reviewing your strikes." If this were the first initial take, I wouldn't be bringing this up, as it's completely warranted; however, what the sudden change of opinion and vote implies that my strike history that I provided (so you wouldn't have to look up my discord ID) either was skimmed over or just not even read. Maybe it's just a misinterpretation on my part, but that's the impression I get. (song reference)

Second, let's talk about this "pedo jokes" comment that I've seen.

BEFORE I say anything else about this, I need you to understand I am NOT DEFENDING these kinds of jokes. Even if they have merit behind being made, they're not appropriate and toxic. I am simply clarifying what happened in detail.

I remember exactly what happened with that strike, so I'd like to clarify the situation. Throwing around the term "pedo jokes" is vague and can be interpreted many ways. For example, you could interpret that as me an inappropriate comment to a minor, calling an individual in the server a pedophile without merit, etc. The joke that was made was where I called PropHunt "pedo hub" because Gebe got community banned for doing said action. I was fairly given a strike for it, as it was an incredibly insensitive joke. What I don't think is a fair take is to make it a plural, acting as if I made several.

I am not considering the "jailbait" joke (which was more so a reference to Damien being called that by ThePhoneix than me actually calling him that) I made to Damien as a pedo joke, which is why it was not administered as "pedo joke." Again, I was rightfully given a strike for that, as it was again, an insensitive comment. 

I've already said everything I needed to say about the leaking staff chat ban I recieved, so I won't waste any more time regurgitating the same statements. If you cannot trust me at the moment because of that, I get that entirely. What I did was idiotic; as Battons and Quartz stated, an argument that I shouldn't be allowed to staff here again is a very valid and fair comment to make. 

What I will say in defense into these comments, is the last time I had caused any trouble was June 26th, 2021. That was 6 months ago which to me, is not that recent, August; if these were a month-2 old, I'd agree with this idea that they're recent.

People can change in 6 months. At that time, I was hanging out with a toxic friend group that was outside from Dink's and their antics rubbed off on me, which is why I caused so much trouble over that stretch of April-June.  Again, let me reiterate this for the fifth time now. I AM NOT trying to argue that these strikes were unwarranted or make excuses for them. I was being an idiotic prick and was punished accordingly. 

So, my question is this: if you want me to wait before I reapply again (August, Quartz, and others), how long should I wait?

If I'm denied on this request, I do have one request. Jammin, I would like you to at least put a 3-month probation period, meaning I wouldn't be able to reapply until April, which would be a year after my first ban from the discord. 

Thank you all again for your time. If you want to ask me questions, I suggest you DM me so I can get back to you sooner.

Appreciate you all,

David.
~Salty

Messages In This Thread
Salty's Redemption- The Discord Arc - by David - 01-09-2022, 06:42 PM
RE: Salty's Redemption- The Discord Arc - by dong - 01-09-2022, 06:52 PM
RE: Salty's Redemption- The Discord Arc - by HONG - 01-09-2022, 06:58 PM
RE: Salty's Redemption- The Discord Arc - by David - 01-10-2022, 04:35 PM
RE: Salty's Redemption- The Discord Arc - by David - 01-10-2022, 10:00 PM
RE: Salty's Redemption- The Discord Arc - by David - 01-10-2022, 11:10 PM
RE: Salty's Redemption- The Discord Arc - by David - 01-12-2022, 10:31 AM
RE: Salty's Redemption- The Discord Arc - by David - 01-12-2022, 03:28 PM