Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Salty's Redemption- The Discord Arc
(01-12-2022, 07:01 PM)KaptainLes Wrote: I do count you as being one of my dinks friends and your fun to hang around with, but you have done the 180 flip a few times now that I don't think that 6 months is long enough for the trust need to be staff (And discord staff at that knowing the history).
My recommendation is to take this:
"If I'm denied on this request, I do have one request. Jammin, I would like you to at least put a 3-month probation period, meaning I wouldn't be able to reapply until April, which would be a year after my first ban from the discord."
and extending it to June 26th, 2021, 1 year since your last strike. If you wait that long without incident, People should have no reason to -1 your next application. 

This is why I value our friendship so much; you didn't express any bias in favor of me and hit me with the most honest to God feedback I've seen in a minute. I will do this; I won't reapply until June 26th, 2022, regardless of what the timestamp of when I can actually reapply. I think that's a brilliant idea.

I answered your question of "what's changed" in DMs (if staff want to see that response, I give you full consent to send it to the rest of the staff if they want to see it.) I just didn't want to share that response here because it most definitely is not something I would feel comfortable posting publicly, just to be completely honest. 

However, I'll give a redacted version here. 

Basically, I was at rock bottom in terms of mental/emotional stability and used acting out on a gmod community as a way of coping with my own shortcomings. (Pathetic, I know, but it's the truth.)  I really wasn't that serious about trying to change how I was acting until around mid-July of 2021. I analyzed things that were going on in my life and sought to eliminate sources of stress that were in my control (I.E. The old friend group I had known for 6 years, which was a difficult decision to make but I'm very glad I made it.) 

To give you an idea of how much different I acted before that to after I did it, my own mother told me "You're not even the same person anymore" in a positive way after I decided to stop talking/playing/interacting with that group on a daily basis. I was no longer confrontational, petty, or obnoxious. Yes, I still crack jokes, but as Lemon stated, I no longer do it at someone's expense because I know how shitty that is now. 

Even if I cannot prove it to everyone here that I'm not that same person due to the carnage I caused in the past, I know that I'm not the "Salty" you all knew back then. 

I will not make any further responses on here, as I've been told by Jammin that he plans to either make a closing statement tonight or tomorrow; again, I really appreciate everyone taking the time and expressing feedback, especially the criticism. The only way I can develop trust is by proving through my actions that I'm not that edgy attention seeker I once was to everyone, not just my friends. 

Thank you.

Messages In This Thread
Salty's Redemption- The Discord Arc - by David - 01-09-2022, 06:42 PM
RE: Salty's Redemption- The Discord Arc - by dong - 01-09-2022, 06:52 PM
RE: Salty's Redemption- The Discord Arc - by HONG - 01-09-2022, 06:58 PM
RE: Salty's Redemption- The Discord Arc - by David - 01-10-2022, 04:35 PM
RE: Salty's Redemption- The Discord Arc - by David - 01-10-2022, 10:00 PM
RE: Salty's Redemption- The Discord Arc - by David - 01-10-2022, 11:10 PM
RE: Salty's Redemption- The Discord Arc - by David - 01-12-2022, 10:31 AM
RE: Salty's Redemption- The Discord Arc - by David - 01-12-2022, 03:28 PM
RE: Salty's Redemption- The Discord Arc - by David - 01-12-2022, 07:54 PM