Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christmas Crate suggestions
Heya!
As you may have noticed, TTT did not have a christmas crate/maps this year. In fact, there has not been a christmas crate since I joined the community.
All 4 admins were sick/inactive for most of the relevant period, and were unable to set up such a crate and maplist. The holidays are always busy, so whose to say this won't happen again?

So, I think it'd be a good idea to start early for this year - get the items together, tested, and on standby for when the next set of crates come out. This may seem extreme to post this early, but there were no christmas crates in 2020 or 2021, and I feel this will fall to the wayside once again if we don't begin addressing it now.

I went ahead and compiled a list of holiday maps and items to consider, including maps we've used in the past. I'd like to get the conversation rolling here, so that when Halloween ends the work needed for the new crate is minimal.

I would propose that we decide on a solid list of crate items to test sometime before spring, perhaps by the end of March, that way we can get maps/items tested and put a final addon list together for dink before Halloween is done.

If anyone wants to propose halloween stuff as well, feel free - we probably need better maps given the exploiting available on Luigi's Mansion and the fact that walking fast on MC spooky crashes the server. But we did have a good halloween crate, so I feel we are OK there.

Crate items:
Weapons:
Two snowball sweps: here and here (I believe @HONG may have done some modification work to fix these)
Candy cane crowbar skin
PM:
Santa Clause: here, here, here, and here
Queen Elsa from Frozen
Princess Anna from Frozen
Gingerbread man
Elf Trooper, Darth Santa, Emperor Santatine
Christmas Clone Troopers ("Prancer, Rudolph, Elf, Claus")
Anime Models: here and here
Hats:
Santa hat (already on server)
Snowman head (also on server)
Tree Hat (made by @"Ashly "Milly" Gumshoe", currently on DR)
Merry Dinkmas hat (also on DR by Milly)
Pets:
Sled pet (also on DR by Milly - Milly are you OK with me posting the links to these?)
Santa headcrab

Maps: (Disclaimer, I have not reviewed these maps for file size, weapon/player spawns, compatibility, etc. I am merely posting maps to potentially test)
Winter-themed maps that are OK to keep year-round:
Winter Mansion (already on server)
Xmas Nipperhouse (not sure which one we used, there is this one also)
Avalanched (may have been removed due to lack of popularity)
Ski Resort (already on server)

Christmas maps we have previously used:
Christmas Lodge
Christmas Pool (swap out regular pool)
Christmas Bowling (swap out regular bowling)
MC B5 Christmas (please for the love of god swap out the regular b5 when adding)
Xmas rats (this one wasn't the most popular due to the massive size so idk)

New maps to consider:
Toy Store
Icebreaker
NostalgiaHouse xmas
Glacier
MC Christmas Town
Abandoned Mall
CS_office Xmas Party
Snowy Castle
Snow Town
arctic
The Room
Winter Project

Those with expertise please let me know which maps aren't gmod compatible and i'll remove. I'll also add stuff to the main list here as they are posted.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
I may be laughing but realistically it will probably take 10 months to add it at this rate

also that arctic map has a really cool vibe to it
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide
i dont wanna read through all this but
everyone point and laugh at jammin he doesn't know when christmas is

no but i started thinking up stuff for halloween a solid 5 months early and the maps were still untested shite so
yeah
we probably do need this amount of time
[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)
Could we get a map that’s just ice physics :)
CONSUME THE RICH ☭

o7 A Farewell to Arms o7

Eat shit and live Damien…..

“I was in a butcher shop once and a pig’s head told me that God and the Devil killed each other a long time ago” -Evan Kelmp

+rep : ) Nov. 02 2021 - June 5th 2022

what in the god damn

Not a scar on his back...