Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have Your Input on the Staff Guidelines
Hey Everyone

The staff guidelines for TTT are getting an update and we are opening the changes up for feedback from the player base, so chuck here all your thoughts, suggestions and general queries here. (If ya want to point out any grammar, spelling mistakes or wrong words that have been missed that would also be helpful)

Below is the link to the changelog, please note this is not the final product as it hasn't been formated.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/11kKsgziqikMOuMAJWm-pirZr5_IsNLyuH6gzQEC3NWU/edit?usp=sharing
Kaptain Les
TTT Mod
Discord Admin
PH Helper
DR Player
Murder Hater
[Image: otzEX]
Fuck G-Cubed
[Image: he-man-background-1.gif]
Those delay guidelines look better now imo. Rest of the stuff besides targeting is fine I believe but I’ll double check in a bit.
I don't really have any major gripes (except for maybe racism doing without the kick, kicks are super pointless imo), one thing I would like to ask about is the DDoS/Doxx guidelines.. these should be two completely separate situations because they are two completely different things.. the only thing these two have in common is that they have four letters and start with D.

Threatening to Doxx someone is a very serious thing, because it is a very real threat that players face. Depending on who you are you have enough PII assosiated with your username alone that for people that understand how can dump all kinds of personal information in chat instantly without even knowing you. Threatening to DDoS the server, however, is a completely empty threat, because unless you operate the worlds largest botnet, you are basically never going to DDoS this server as I explained here. Threatening to DDoS an individual is definitely a lot more threatening than threatening to DDoS the server because of the personal nature of the threat, but is still for the most part an empty threat.

As for actually "DDoSing" the server (DDoS in quotes because it's basically not possible, what we think we experience as DDoSes are actually just sophisticated lag hacks exclusive to source servers, in a real DDoS attack banning the attributed player's account or IP will do absolutely nothing), the IP ban is redundant, and IP bans in general should only serve as a temporary countermeasure to a player alt evading. IP bans are temporary in nature (See this article on Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol), and in ULX admin mod, provide zero traffic filtering from that IP, only a filter that checks if a player can join based on their connecting IP.

anyway thats my thing, not really that important but its really irritating to see DDoS as a big deal when it is literally the last thing that would happen to this server to bring it offline

EDIT: I actually went and did some digging, Dinkleberg servers are located in the InterNAP Atlanta datacenter, and the server provider's cluster has a 40Gbps uplink to the internet after DDoS mitigation. Not happening...
[Image: unknown.png]
fix grammar or i will shit
i will now read the entire draft to check for idiot head grammar

it would probably be better to change the discord link from
https://discord.gg/pzmVKs2
to
https://discord.gg/dinks

They donate/dedicate their time and money to this community for a reason, to keep it up and running because it's an enjoyable place to be and is a fun time.
this should be changed to
They donate/dedicate their time and money to this community for a reason; to keep it up and running because it's an enjoyable place to be and is a fun time.

For evidence gathering and tracking purposes, Information about reasons that a player has been punishment should be logged in the Watchlist on discord.
should be
For evidence gathering and tracking purposes, information about reasons that a player has been punishment should be logged in the #watchlist channel on discord.
#watchlist is the official name for that channel and should probably be used. (note i dont actually know if it is the #watchlist or #tttwatchlist. please do thing)

this
We don’t want to punish people for being confused. Make sure that the player is actually lying and not just misunderstanding what happened to them. This game can be very confusing so look for malicious intent.
and this
The same general logic applies to false reports. If someone just misunderstands what happened, do not punish them for it.  The game is inherently confusing. You can always psay either party or open a chat to find out what happened. If they keep lying when you inquire further, you might then move on to punishment.
could very easily be put into one part. putting it in two different statements on the same section is stupid

Metagaming is defined as the use of outside information in the game while teaming is sort of an offset of metagaming.
a comma should be added after "the game"

half way point edit
i made a thing
i made another thing
i made a new thing

former ttt mod
former dr admin
Staff 2017-2023
(01-25-2022, 07:47 PM)dero Wrote: [Image: unknown.png]
fix grammar or i will shit
i will now read the entire draft to check for idiot head grammar
Thank you pork!
former admin2
hi yes hello you don't want me to treat everyone the same regardless of if they are staff or not or my friend or not because i treat my friends and the staff i am friendly with terribly thank you come again

also elaborate more on the minge thing because your description of what it is just sounds like trolling still, no idea what you're actually getting at
[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)
on a new note with that ddos rule, which i heavily agree with, caribou should be unbanned
as stated before, a threat is usually empty, and it's obviously a joke as such in the case of caribou, it's so stupid to permanently ban someone for such a small joke, especially when it's not really harmful
i agree with actual doxx and ddos being a ban
(01-25-2022, 07:57 PM)bunniey Wrote: hi yes hello you don't want me to treat everyone the same regardless of if they are staff or not or my friend or not because i treat my friends and the staff i am friendly with terribly thank you come again

also elaborate more on the minge thing because your description of what it is just sounds like trolling still, no idea what you're actually getting at
I thought the same thing about the minge thing it would be nice to get a little more for that :)
[Image: D6E0C93A-D285-4C99-B7AB-C616869240B2.jpg...2d0fbf6a9&][Image: 86DBE62D-5EE5-47F0-9E4C-DE5FA0541D5B.jpg...d2ef8e0e3&]
Ex- TTT Mod
Dong's Favorite Tmod
Does the delay section cover players that use map secrets to avoid being found by players who are unable to reach that area? Some map secrets aren't too well known by players, and I've seen them used to extend rounds until timers run out - I'm guilty of doing this before without much thought. It's one thing to hide on a map, but another thing to hide on a map with an area that requires some deeper in-game knowledge to know about. I've never seen this too deeply discussed. Maybe I just haven't read the rules or forum posts thoroughly enough.
(01-25-2022, 09:16 PM)Demi Lovato's Heroin Spoon Wrote: Does the delay section cover players that use map secrets to avoid being found by players who are unable to reach that area? Some map secrets aren't too well known by players, and I've seen them used to extend rounds until timers run out - I'm guilty of doing this before without much thought. It's one thing to hide on a map, but another thing to hide on a map with an area that requires some deeper in-game knowledge to know about. I've never seen this too deeply discussed. Maybe I just haven't read the rules or forum posts thoroughly enough.
it is never on the innos to not delay, that is solely on the ts

100% of the time, if that's an issue, a combination of a radar and c4 will work
[Image: TWQlDjL.png] 
-courtesy of a sarcastic fish

[Image: t2X0SiD.png]
-courtesy of milk(2)