Unjust Ban
(05-05-2017, 12:31 PM)Rick Sanchez (Earth C137) Wrote:
(05-05-2017, 12:26 PM)reed1103 Wrote:
(05-05-2017, 12:22 PM)Rick Sanchez (Earth C137) Wrote:
(05-05-2017, 10:49 AM)Everyjuan Wrote: Dude, you queued a song with a title commenting on a XX year old girls chest.  Chill the fuck out before Chris Hansen gets involved.  You've done lots of shit that's not welcomed by the people you have done them against.  You were kicking the other day for things that are just fine in the rules (someone named You). Take the week, chill out, and when you come back think about your actions.

Avi hardly ever complains and you made her feel extremely uncomfortable.  

This isn't a ban based off of this single incident, this is a ban based off of the fact that every time you come back you do dumb shit(racist, trolling, abuse of power, etc.)
I'm not trying to be PC police here but jesus dude think about shit before you do it.

-1 wait it out. while you're banned, read the MOTD and staff guidelines, rules, etc. I can provide links if you need them.

Just another thing, to clear it up, Avi only firmly said stop. She did not make it clear to me that she was disturbed or extremely offended, had I known then I would have made efforts to apologize and make sure she knew I meant no harm at all. Instead everyone came on defending her without asking me to explain myself let alone give me the chance to explain myself 3 or 4 maps later and banned me.
You should've known what she was talking about...

Avi quite literally only said in the admin chat to not do so, when I told her it was a joke she said she didn't care and that she wanted me to stop. I said take a joke and stopped queueing anything that might have mentioned her. Her voice chat had nothing to do with what went on in admin chat and she in no way sounded as though I'd personally attacked her. I had nothing to go off other than a brief moment of "Welp, ok I guess that annoyed her, won't do that again some people just can't take a joke sometimes." and I went about my way on the server. She in no way after telling me to stop attempted to tell me that I had upset her beyond mild annoyance, had we communicated better I'd have been more than ready to apologize to her the same way I would to anyone offended by a joke made by me, you just have to tell me I upset you and I'll do my best to make amends. Instead I got a swift ban without being given a chance to defend or explain myself.

If this was a simple "oh he made a single mistake" I'd agree fully with you, and mistakes do happen, but you seem to make alot of them and dont learn from them or come off as sorry, when you make a mistake you get mad at people for accusing you of making a mistake and only appear apologetic about it when you get banned for it, that isnt the right way of going about things, and you need to stop doing that, i remember that one time you went off on moderate for slaying you for rdm, take a week off hun, and learn from your mistakes this time, learn from other staff members, and stop being as mean as you have been, and its not right to harass avi, and if she doesn't like it and you didnt know, telling her to take a joke is a bad way of saying "sorry", dont do it again >.>
Dont look so blue
(05-05-2017, 12:37 PM)Everyjuan Wrote: How about this. What made you think it was okay to speak like that to Avi in the first place?

The fact that other staff have been mean to me before and spoken to me like that in the past as jokes? It was the way people joked around for the longest time, such as I've been called Odd Fellow and such in song queues.
[Image: running-shaggy.gif]
(05-05-2017, 12:49 PM)Rick Sanchez (Earth C137) Wrote:
(05-05-2017, 12:37 PM)Everyjuan Wrote: How about this. What made you think it was okay to speak like that to Avi in the first place?

The fact that other staff have been mean to me before and spoken to me like that in the past as jokes? It was the way people joked around for the longest time, such as I've been called Odd Fellow and such in song queues.

Tell them to stop, and if they don't, tell another staff member, scoovie will do something about it
Dont look so blue
(05-05-2017, 12:44 PM)❤ Miss Mari â¤ Wrote:
(05-05-2017, 12:22 PM)Rick Sanchez (Earth C137) Wrote:
(05-05-2017, 10:49 AM)Everyjuan Wrote: Dude, you queued a song with a title commenting on a XX year old girls chest.  Chill the fuck out before Chris Hansen gets involved.  You've done lots of shit that's not welcomed by the people you have done them against.  You were kicking the other day for things that are just fine in the rules (someone named You). Take the week, chill out, and when you come back think about your actions.

Avi hardly ever complains and you made her feel extremely uncomfortable.  

This isn't a ban based off of this single incident, this is a ban based off of the fact that every time you come back you do dumb shit(racist, trolling, abuse of power, etc.)
I'm not trying to be PC police here but jesus dude think about shit before you do it.

-1 wait it out. while you're banned, read the MOTD and staff guidelines, rules, etc. I can provide links if you need them.

Just another thing, to clear it up, Avi only firmly said stop. She did not make it clear to me that she was disturbed or extremely offended, had I known then I would have made efforts to apologize and make sure she knew I meant no harm at all. Instead everyone came on defending her without asking me to explain myself let alone give me the chance to explain myself 3 or 4 maps later and banned me.

Avi quite literally only said in the admin chat to not do so, when I told her it was a joke she said she didn't care and that she wanted me to stop. I said take a joke and stopped queueing anything that might have mentioned her. Her voice chat had nothing to do with what went on in admin chat and she in no way sounded as though I'd personally attacked her. I had nothing to go off other than a brief moment of "Welp, ok I guess that annoyed her, won't do that again some people just can't take a joke sometimes." and I went about my way on the server. She in no way after telling me to stop attempted to tell me that I had upset her beyond mild annoyance, had we communicated better I'd have been more than ready to apologize to her the same way I would to anyone offended by a joke made by me, you just have to tell me I upset you and I'll do my best to make amends. Instead I got a swift ban without being given a chance to defend or explain myself.

If this was a simple "oh he made a single mistake" I'd agree fully with you, and mistakes do happen, but you seem to make alot of them and dont learn from them or come off as sorry, when you make a mistake you get mad at people for accusing you of making a mistake and only appear apologetic about it when you get banned for it, that isnt the right way of going about things, and you need to stop doing that,  i remember that one time you went off on moderate for slaying you for rdm, take a week off hun, and learn from your mistakes this time, learn from other staff members, and stop being as mean as you have been, and its not right to harass avi, and if she doesn't like it and you didnt know, telling her to take a joke is a bad way of saying "sorry", dont do it again >.>

I didn't know how deeply offended she was, or I wouldn't have shrugged it off. As for going off on Moderate, I did that yesterday too when he made baseless claims with no evidence to back them up. Honestly, people are just saying I've done things in the past without having any actual dates or points of reference, just vague "Yeeeaaaah, that, that happened right? Probably, he's loud so probably." The only time I've gone off on Moderate for a slay was when I killed a guy for t-baiting and Moderate slayed me anyways despite the death scene and shot logs saying I was right about him shooting near others for no reason.

(05-05-2017, 12:52 PM)❤ Miss Mari â¤ Wrote:

Tell them to stop, and if they don't, tell another staff member, scoovie will do something about it

I'll say the same thing to you I tell all my friends in real life, tell me if I take a joke to far and I'll stop. Tell me if I offended you and I'll apologize, my intent is very, very, very rarely to actually hurt anyone's feelings. As I have said multiple times, if Avi had made it clear to me that I had hurt her feelings as badly as I apparently have then I would've apologized for it.

Moving on, as I have also said, I don't tell them to stop because I know it's all in harmless jest and fun, it's way too easy for everyone to take everything personal these days. It's a video game, lets all lighten up and take our lumps instead of dealing out bans over one joke in poor taste. Do you know how often Lycan (Love you babe) makes racist jokes? Quite often, yet I've never once seen him banned over that sort of thing. Correct me if I'm wrong though, I'd love to know and I'll retract that statement.

The server has taken such a turn towards unbelievably serious that we can't make simple jokes anymore, it's time to calm down a little with that.
(05-05-2017, 12:53 PM)Rick Sanchez (Earth C137) Wrote:
(05-05-2017, 12:22 PM)Rick Sanchez (Earth C137) Wrote: Just another thing, to clear it up, Avi only firmly said stop. She did not make it clear to me that she was disturbed or extremely offended, had I known then I would have made efforts to apologize and make sure she knew I meant no harm at all. Instead everyone came on defending her without asking me to explain myself let alone give me the chance to explain myself 3 or 4 maps later and banned me.

If this was a simple "oh he made a single mistake" I'd agree fully with you, and mistakes do happen, but you seem to make alot of them and dont learn from them or come off as sorry, when you make a mistake you get mad at people for accusing you of making a mistake and only appear apologetic about it when you get banned for it, that isnt the right way of going about things, and you need to stop doing that,  i remember that one time you went off on moderate for slaying you for rdm, take a week off hun, and learn from your mistakes this time, learn from other staff members, and stop being as mean as you have been, and its not right to harass avi, and if she doesn't like it and you didnt know, telling her to take a joke is a bad way of saying "sorry", dont do it again >.>

I didn't know how deeply offended she was, or I wouldn't have shrugged it off. As for going off on Moderate, I did that yesterday too when he made baseless claims with no evidence to back them up. Honestly, people are just saying I've done things in the past without having any actual dates or points of reference, just vague "Yeeeaaaah, that, that happened right? Probably, he's loud so probably." The only time I've gone off on Moderate for a slay was when I killed a guy for t-baiting and Moderate slayed me anyways despite the death scene and shot logs saying I was right about him shooting near others for no reason.

I'll say the same thing to you I tell all my friends in real life, tell me if I take a joke to far and I'll stop. Tell me if I offended you and I'll apologize, my intent is very, very, very rarely to actually hurt anyone's feelings. As I have said multiple times, if Avi had made it clear to me that I had hurt her feelings as badly as I apparently have then I would've apologized for it.

Moving on, as I have also said, I don't tell them to stop because I know it's all in harmless jest and fun, it's way too easy for everyone to take everything personal these days. It's a video game, lets all lighten up and take our lumps instead of dealing out bans over one joke in poor taste. Do you know how often Lycan (Love you babe) makes racist jokes? Quite often, yet I've never once seen him banned over that sort of thing. Correct me if I'm wrong though, I'd love to know and I'll retract that statement.

The server has taken such a turn towards unbelievably serious that we can't make simple jokes anymore, it's time to calm down a little with that.

What lycans doing isn't ok either, but his jokes arent targeting people and commenting on their breasts, his jokes arent making people extremely uncomfortable, not only that, but how did you respond to avi when she said she didn't like it? You told her to learn to take a joke, and was that the only time you've done something uncalled for? No it was not, so dont try justifying your actions, or try defending them, what you did was wrong and you know it. And this wasn't the first time you've been out of line, so you got punished for it, its not the admins fault, its not the mods fault, its yours, you reap the seeds you sowe, so reap those seeds and learn from it
Dont look so blue
(05-05-2017, 01:06 PM)❤ Miss Mari â¤ Wrote:
(05-05-2017, 12:26 PM)reed1103 Wrote: You should've known what she was talking about...

What lycans doing isn't ok either, but his jokes arent targeting people and commenting on their breasts, his jokes arent making people extremely uncomfortable, not only that, but how did you respond to avi when she said she didn't like it? You told her to learn to take a joke, and was that the only time you've done something uncalled for? No it was not, so dont try justifying your actions, or try defending them, what you did was wrong and you know it. And this wasn't the first time you've been out of line, so you got punished for it, its not the admins fault, its not the mods fault, its yours, you reap the seeds you sowe, so reap those seeds and learn from it

So when others comment on my sexuality and other such things then I should be gravely offended? No, because I know they're joking. It's fine, it's in good fun and people should take it as such. I also, for the umpteenth, would've apologized the moment Avi told me she was made extremely uncomfortable, instead she seemed to be only mildly annoyed. I also stated before that I didn't give the best response, so restating that to me as part of your reasons as to why I'm bad and should feel bad is redundant. I have learned from this, and what I've learned is that I can no longer make jokes about anything anymore or risk a ban. I'll take that to heart and be a complete hard ass from now on.
(05-05-2017, 01:16 PM)Rick Sanchez (Earth C137) Wrote:
(05-05-2017, 12:31 PM)Rick Sanchez (Earth C137) Wrote: Avi quite literally only said in the admin chat to not do so, when I told her it was a joke she said she didn't care and that she wanted me to stop. I said take a joke and stopped queueing anything that might have mentioned her. Her voice chat had nothing to do with what went on in admin chat and she in no way sounded as though I'd personally attacked her. I had nothing to go off other than a brief moment of "Welp, ok I guess that annoyed her, won't do that again some people just can't take a joke sometimes." and I went about my way on the server. She in no way after telling me to stop attempted to tell me that I had upset her beyond mild annoyance, had we communicated better I'd have been more than ready to apologize to her the same way I would to anyone offended by a joke made by me, you just have to tell me I upset you and I'll do my best to make amends. Instead I got a swift ban without being given a chance to defend or explain myself.

(05-05-2017, 12:49 PM)Rick Sanchez (Earth C137) Wrote: The fact that other staff have been mean to me before and spoken to me like that in the past as jokes? It was the way people joked around for the longest time, such as I've been called Odd Fellow and such in song queues.

So when others comment on my sexuality and other such things then I should be gravely offended? No, because I know they're joking. It's fine, it's in good fun and people should take it as such. I also, for the umpteenth, would've apologized the moment Avi told me she was made extremely uncomfortable, instead she seemed to be only mildly annoyed. I also stated before that I didn't give the best response, so restating that to me as part of your reasons as to why I'm bad and should feel bad is redundant. I have learned from this, and what I've learned is that I can no longer make jokes about anything anymore or risk a ban. I'll take that to heart and be a complete hard ass from now on.

You are not her, you do not speak for her. Don't tell her how to take things, and don't assume you can joke about those types of things with her. You're quite immature. Don't try to make us feel bad for you getting in trouble for joking about HER BREASTS. What part of this don't you get?
(05-05-2017, 12:22 PM)Rick Sanchez (Earth C137) Wrote: Just another thing, to clear it up, Avi only firmly said stop. She did not make it clear to me that she was disturbed or extremely offended, had I known then I would have made efforts to apologize and make sure she knew I meant no harm at all. Instead everyone came on defending her without asking me to explain myself let alone give me the chance to explain myself 3 or 4 maps later and banned me.

Why would you think it's a good thing to joke about in the first place
          [Image: b_560x95.png]

[Image: 76561198309335191.png]
(05-05-2017, 01:19 PM)Everyjuan Wrote:
(05-05-2017, 01:16 PM)Rick Sanchez (Earth C137) Wrote:
(05-05-2017, 12:44 PM)❤ Miss Mari â¤ Wrote: If this was a simple "oh he made a single mistake" I'd agree fully with you, and mistakes do happen, but you seem to make alot of them and dont learn from them or come off as sorry, when you make a mistake you get mad at people for accusing you of making a mistake and only appear apologetic about it when you get banned for it, that isnt the right way of going about things, and you need to stop doing that,  i remember that one time you went off on moderate for slaying you for rdm, take a week off hun, and learn from your mistakes this time, learn from other staff members, and stop being as mean as you have been, and its not right to harass avi, and if she doesn't like it and you didnt know, telling her to take a joke is a bad way of saying "sorry", dont do it again >.>

(05-05-2017, 12:52 PM)❤ Miss Mari â¤ Wrote: Tell them to stop, and if they don't, tell another staff member, scoovie will do something about it

You are not her, you do not speak for her. Don't tell her how to take things, and don't assume you can joke about those types of things with her.  You're quite immature. Don't try to make us feel bad for you getting in trouble for joking about HER BREASTS.  What part of this don't you get?

I suppose it's just fine when you speak for her though right? Telling me how much I'd offended and hurt her, as I have gone based on information that YOU'VE presented. I'll say it again, if I'd known she was offended deeply, then I'd have apologized. How about instead of telling me not to speak for you, you don't do it yourself?
Once again, you being a Tmod is a JOB. If you went into the workplace and said that regardless of a joke. You would be fired for sexual harassment and then sued.