Unjust Ban
(05-05-2017, 01:25 PM)reed1103 Wrote:
(05-05-2017, 12:53 PM)Rick Sanchez (Earth C137) Wrote:
(05-05-2017, 12:44 PM)❤ Miss Mari â¤ Wrote:
(05-05-2017, 12:31 PM)Rick Sanchez (Earth C137) Wrote:
(05-05-2017, 12:26 PM)reed1103 Wrote: You should've known what she was talking about...

Avi quite literally only said in the admin chat to not do so, when I told her it was a joke she said she didn't care and that she wanted me to stop. I said take a joke and stopped queueing anything that might have mentioned her. Her voice chat had nothing to do with what went on in admin chat and she in no way sounded as though I'd personally attacked her. I had nothing to go off other than a brief moment of "Welp, ok I guess that annoyed her, won't do that again some people just can't take a joke sometimes." and I went about my way on the server. She in no way after telling me to stop attempted to tell me that I had upset her beyond mild annoyance, had we communicated better I'd have been more than ready to apologize to her the same way I would to anyone offended by a joke made by me, you just have to tell me I upset you and I'll do my best to make amends. Instead I got a swift ban without being given a chance to defend or explain myself.

If this was a simple "oh he made a single mistake" I'd agree fully with you, and mistakes do happen, but you seem to make alot of them and dont learn from them or come off as sorry, when you make a mistake you get mad at people for accusing you of making a mistake and only appear apologetic about it when you get banned for it, that isnt the right way of going about things, and you need to stop doing that,  i remember that one time you went off on moderate for slaying you for rdm, take a week off hun, and learn from your mistakes this time, learn from other staff members, and stop being as mean as you have been, and its not right to harass avi, and if she doesn't like it and you didnt know, telling her to take a joke is a bad way of saying "sorry", dont do it again >.>

I didn't know how deeply offended she was, or I wouldn't have shrugged it off. As for going off on Moderate, I did that yesterday too when he made baseless claims with no evidence to back them up. Honestly, people are just saying I've done things in the past without having any actual dates or points of reference, just vague "Yeeeaaaah, that, that happened right? Probably, he's loud so probably." The only time I've gone off on Moderate for a slay was when I killed a guy for t-baiting and Moderate slayed me anyways despite the death scene and shot logs saying I was right about him shooting near others for no reason.

(05-05-2017, 12:52 PM)❤ Miss Mari â¤ Wrote:
(05-05-2017, 12:49 PM)Rick Sanchez (Earth C137) Wrote:
(05-05-2017, 12:37 PM)Everyjuan Wrote: How about this. What made you think it was okay to speak like that to Avi in the first place?

The fact that other staff have been mean to me before and spoken to me like that in the past as jokes? It was the way people joked around for the longest time, such as I've been called Odd Fellow and such in song queues.

Tell them to stop, and if they don't, tell another staff member, scoovie will do something about it

I'll say the same thing to you I tell all my friends in real life, tell me if I take a joke to far and I'll stop. Tell me if I offended you and I'll apologize, my intent is very, very, very rarely to actually hurt anyone's feelings. As I have said multiple times, if Avi had made it clear to me that I had hurt her feelings as badly as I apparently have then I would've apologized for it.

Moving on, as I have also said, I don't tell them to stop because I know it's all in harmless jest and fun, it's way too easy for everyone to take everything personal these days. It's a video game, lets all lighten up and take our lumps instead of dealing out bans over one joke in poor taste. Do you know how often Lycan (Love you babe) makes racist jokes? Quite often, yet I've never once seen him banned over that sort of thing. Correct me if I'm wrong though, I'd love to know and I'll retract that statement.

The server has taken such a turn towards unbelievably serious that we can't make simple jokes anymore, it's time to calm down a little with that.
Why would you think it's a good thing to joke about in the first place

As stated, people joke about those sorts of things all the time, my sexuality being one of them as I've been called Odd Fellow by staff and community member alike before. Off color jokes are something that used to be common on this server, but we don't make them anymore now apparently.

(05-05-2017, 01:26 PM)Burrito Bowl Wrote: Once again, you being a Tmod is a JOB. If you went into the workplace and said that regardless of a joke. You would be fired for sexual harassment and then sued.

I missed the part where I'm being paid to do this, so no it's not a job it's volunteer work. I don't know how much you've done of that, but let me tell you from recent experience. I've had tiny dick jokes made about myself, made them about others, and had small boob/big boob jokes made about myself and others working with female and male street clean-up crews. And never once has anyone threatened to sue me nor have I threatened to sue them.
[Image: running-shaggy.gif]
We don't make them anymore because people abused the privilege.
(05-05-2017, 01:30 PM)Scoovie Wrote: We don't make them anymore because people abused the privilege.

I didn't sit in the chat calling people the n word or any racial slurs nor did I tell any women they were inferior to men or anything of that nature at all, I did however make a "Girls don't play video games/Go on the internet!" joke twice because it's comical while not being true at all. I'm firmly for equal rights, but not once have I actually abused this ability to make off color jokes to imply or directly say that anyone is bad based solely on their race, gender, religion, etc.

I'd also like to make it perfectly clear that I wasn't actually commenting on Avi's breasts since I don't know what she looks like nor do I care what she looks like, I simply put the name "Avi" instead of "You" where that line begins, I'd have said the same thing about myself or just about anyone else on the server, it's not a joke I limit to someone because of their sex.
[Image: running-shaggy.gif]
How about you wait out this ban, come back with a better attitude and way to conduct yourself.
[Image: cFcBPPs.jpg]