Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PH Maps 2022 Suggestions
(01-29-2022, 11:31 PM)chelllman Wrote: ph_smallhouse https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...=452952755.  The tiniest map I could find (don't actually add this in).

honestly ive played this map its really fun just definitely not for 40 people
(01-30-2022, 08:27 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote:
(01-29-2022, 11:31 PM)chelllman Wrote: ph_smallhouse https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...=452952755.  The tiniest map I could find (don't actually add this in).

honestly ive played this map its really fun just definitely not for 40 people
Is there a plugin that can enable certain maps to be voted if the server count is too low, it would make adding something like this actually feasible.
Retired gay boy
Yes I still play!!
[Image: image.png]
Nothing shown below is set in stone a few of this may be kept in mind and considered in the future as this many map exchanges would be too many to do at once.

Just to show that this has not been ignored here are several maps that we are looking at that we are going to be editing to add to the server if we can:

[color=var(--text-link)]https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=511840519[/color]
ph Dangerous Criminal Home: This map is decent sized with a detailed interior and good sized outside area including a pool
There are many spots on this map. Does need edited before added to the server, did get a feeling of backyard on this map. Might have to remove helicopters. This map was checked awhile ago and I do not have notes on what spots are illegal or not.

[color=var(--text-link)]https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=497667253[/color]
ph_ahsnccu: This map is a jumping dream with multiple levels and space to jump around. There are not many technical places to hide and limited props which benefits the hunters but the sheer amount of rooms and open areas will even it out with the props. It would need a good amount of players (at least 20) to be entertaining to be on. It is not as big as villahouse.
This map is large. Barriers will need to be patched up before it can be added to the server as there are places where props can go where hunters cannot.
Illegal spots: outside of main map area, mesh of elevator

[color=var(--text-link)]https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=336204405[/color]
ph_street: there are a couple of building to hide in and around, a parking lot, pool, and underground area.
If I have my maps correct, this one looks similar to cruce. It is not quite as refined as cruce but does include an underground area.
Illegal spots: Mesh of cars, under broken cars, under/behind bathtub

[color=var(--text-link)]https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=263432162[/color]
ph_city: this small back is not new. It does have a few places to hide and would be a decent population builder however I fear it will be abused like cruce. There are places to maneuver that benefit hunters and others that benefit props.
This map is probably too small but can be one to consider.
Illegal spots: tunnel walls

[color=var(--text-link)]https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2042658019[/color]
ph_storehouse: this is another tight map and could get crowded if more than 35 players got on it but for it is size. I believe that it is a good map. It includes a kitchen, an office area and more than one room for storage
Illegal spots: currently none

[color=var(--text-link)]https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=766293600[/color]
ph_labyrinth: this map is chaotic and fun in the good way. This twisted map maze full of secret entrances and teleports would be pure chaos and would either become the most hated map in Dinkleberg's history or one of the more popular ones for regulars and newbies alike.
Illegal spots: currently none

[color=var(--text-link)]https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=939222850[/color]
ph_apartments_2017: this map is made up of a small alleyway and two apartment rooms in two sepearte buildings. A couple props, like the flip phone, may have to be removed for how small they are.
Illegal spots: mesh of cardboard, mesh of pillow, and mesh of clothes
Illegal props: for sure flip phone

[color=var(--text-link)]https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1249247189[/color]
ph_hoth: alright nerds here is a Star Wars fans. We present this icy map for you. The map is overall large and there are not many small props to become. This map might have some high tech hiding spots but the size of the map and amount of larger props in it should make it entertaining for experienced and inexperienced players. The map is done where it will be hard to memorize where everything is (which I know some of you regs hate but you can bite me) and the icy fog will help obscure the larger props running around.
Illegal spots: none at this time

[color=var(--text-link)]https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=662321173[/color]
ph_hall: there is nothing special about this map. It will work, it will never be a favorite but it will not be the worst, my notes literally say, "it's ok".

[color=var(--text-link)]https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=825112087[/color]
ph_minecraft_icecap: it's minecraft.  The main props are tools, armor, and blocks. Is large enough where everyone shouldn't be found immediately but most of the props are large enough where people should not have too much difficultly killing them when they are found

[color=var(--text-link)]https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2731546253[/color]
ph_darkwater: this is a larger map and is similar to a cleaned up awesome building. There are a large amount of rooms and props but does not feel cluttered like awesome building sometimes does
Illegal spots: inside mesh of green generators, behind lockers, mesh of fountain

[color=var(--text-link)]https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=939158917[/color]
ph_cargotrain: I consider this the ph version of the ttt train map. This map is made up of two moving trains, instead of dying when you fall off, you get teleported to a specific area. This map is not very large and could get pretty chaotic with a large amount of players. Not many hiding places but you can jump off the train and back on. This map would definitely benefit the hunters but they would have to earn it when trying to get the smaller props.
Illegal spots: props are not allowed to hide under the train or right next to wheels that are moving under the train

[color=var(--text-link)]https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=866848240[/color]
ph_houseonlake: this map takes place on a shoreline where the majority of the map takes place outside. The water will be kept legal for props to run around in as otherwise the map would definitely benefit hunters. It does look like the map would be enjoyed by both teams.
Illegal spots: mesh of rocks[url=https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=825112087][/url]
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army
First off, Bunkier. That map is just a hellhole with all props laying around in such small spaces. With one small accidental step on a bunch of props on the ground, you die instantly. It's annoying and a pain to play when you have claustrophobia.
High Floor Office - It's an alright map. But after voting for this map a bunch of times, it gets so tiring and boring. Got nothing more to say other than the map cause pure boredom.
Octagon - Same as HFO. Nothing good out of it. I've only played Octagon for about 3 times in total so I couldn't give as much opinion about it.
Cruce - I have no problems with this map. Although being a small map, it does get old really quick.
I got no map recommendations.
(03-06-2022, 11:27 AM)TheUltraFish Wrote: [color=var(--text-link)]https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1249247189[/color]
ph_hoth: alright nerds here is a Star Wars fans. We present this icy map for you. The map is overall large and there are not many small props to become. This map might have some high tech hiding spots but the size of the map and amount of larger props in it should make it entertaining for experienced and inexperienced players. The map is done where it will be hard to memorize where everything is (which I know some of you regs hate but you can bite me) and the icy fog will help obscure the larger props running around.

LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
[Image: ezgif.com-effects.gif?ex=66308f7a&is=661...height=424]
find more through my linktree | Never Forget | My emotinal support cat Green Bean | Smiling Over Orange City (spotify)
Cool, I hope to play the new maps soon. +rep
[Image: 955ef7a32696f2e506ea3319fcb5017a.png][Image: Banned-Gravity-Small.jpg]
Resigned prop hunt trusted 4/16/2021 - 1/1/2022 <3
The biggest complaint I've gotten from regulars is the fact that the same maps keep getting picked very close to each other.  Example map progression:
Minimall
YouTurd
Terraces
Minimall
YouTurd. 
In a sequence of 5 map slots, we could play 2 maps twice.  What we desperately need is a system to prevent maps from being played multiple times (other than vote to continue map) within 5 map slots.

I also believe that we should maintain a healthy balance of small, medium, and large maps.  Aka if we get rid of cruce (don't), then we should replace it with another small map.  Small maps are useful to have especially during non-peak hours.  You think cruce is boring with 40 players because everyone dies? Try playing our largest maps with 6 players where nothing dies.

Remove Maps:
Zombie Bunkier: As Nullify said, props vomited everywhere is pretty annoying.
Dimmsdale: I know it won't be removed, but if we removed Crash House for being over played, then Dimmsdale is definitely a candidate to consider.
Minimall: I think many can agree this map is pretty overplayed.
Underwataa: We had underwater weapons working for a week or so.  As long as the underwater weapons don't work, regulars will have an advantage over new players.

Add Maps:
Backyard: this great map should be added in again, it's time.  It's a medium sized map that doesn't have too many bullshit spots.
Hoth (potentially): Koshka and I tested this map the other day.  It's a lot of fun, and the majority of the props are big so on this super big map it will still be fun to kill props.  The bad thing is one prop is a tiny black data pad.  This map will turn into an absolute unplayable nightmare if that prop is allowed to be used.  Too many pipes in the ceiling, lights, things to slide under.  If the map was lit better and smaller it would work, but that prop will be a menace.  We may want to edit this map to have some standard props.
Crashhouse: Fun map, just was overplayed.  If we add in a system to prevent maps from being picked constantly, then this is a good choice to add back in.
As someone who has started playing again semi-often I have noticed that the same maps always get picked and it becomes incredibly boring doing Youturd and Dimmsdale all the time xd. So as Chell said, if it would be possible to implement some kind of algorithm to prevent the same maps coming up to vote within 4-5 map slots it would allow for a much greater variety of maps to be played. Furthermore, it's great that we are going to be getting new maps and I am excited to see them but what's the point of adding them if players are still going to just vote for Dimmsdale, Youturd and High floor Office?

Here are my thoughts on some of the maps:

Youturd: To be honest I don't know how to feel about this one. On one hand it's a pretty well designed map with realistic prop placements and layout. But on the other, it's extremely overplayed and thus gets very boring to play. Also, there are far too many OP spots here so its far too unbalanced for the hunters. Especially when people hide as the ladder with only the nubs(?) sticking out or as a clipboard in the pipes on the ceiling of the hallways.

Bunkier: As Nullify said, this is one of the maps where someone asked the creator "How many props do you want to add to your map?", and they just said "Yes". Also this map is extremely cramped so you fall over props all the time which is very disorientating, not to mention that gmod physics is amazing and walking over props just sometimes insta-kills you for 90 damage >_<

Zombie Bunker 2: Same as Bunkier, far too many props to even enjoy this map as a hunter.

Underground Station: Another case of 'Props for the sake of props', although this map also has props placed in locations where players would often hide which makes it very frustrating if you are a hunter. If you hide in plain sight on this map you are almost guaranteed to win due to the sheer amount of props that have to be checked.

Lockup: This map isn't too bad if I'm being honest, its fairly small and isn't too overplayed like some other maps. But all hunters can get themselves a free rocket launcher which makes it very boring as a prop because you're pretty much guaranteed to be killed (whether you were seen or not) unless you're a wrench in a near impossible to see location.

High Floor Office: I do like office maps, but this one.... It just doesn't do it for me. Like with Youturd and Dimmsdale its very overplayed (I'm assuming because players see the word 'office' and just insta-click) and thus gets boring fast. Also the map is not very varied at all, with 2 rooms of just repeating structure so as a hunter it gets very repetitive to play. The map has huge open areas but barely any of it gets used so there often isn't much point in checking those places as most players will hide in the cubicles room. Also, props can hide behind the toilet seats and because those bathroom cubicles are so cramped its very hard to check and shoot behind them, unless you have a grenade of course. I propose that we replace this with another office map, there was a pretty balanced office map I remember back when Sona was still active but I forgot the name of it :(

Dimmsdale: Where to begin with this one... I think this might be the most overplayed map on the server (at least in recent experience for myself), which would make sense given that this is the 'Dinkleberg' server. But... it just isn't a very good prop hunt map, correct me if I am wrong but I believe that it was originally a TTT map converted into a PH map. This map is very large, so with small numbers of players online it becomes very unlikely for the hunters to win. This map also seems to have some visual glitches, I don't know if that's by design but there are some places where if you stand, certain parts of the map just stop rendering props and I've seen players abuse this to hide as a Wii remote on the pavement so they are only visible from very specific angles. I don't know about you but that doesn't really feel in the spirit of the game, at least pixel hiding props can be seen normally. Theres also the fish-bowl gravity glitch that happens on this map which I know is illegal but I wanted to mention it. Now as Chell said, I don't expect this map to be removed as it's the server's signature map but if we could stop it being played so often it would open up the possibility for the other maps to get some love.

Restaurant (Old one): A classic map, I think this map is great; not too many OP spots and it's realistically designed and isn't too large. However, the map icon on the voting screen is just a missing texture so unless people read the name of the map it very rarely gets picked. I think if we can fix this issue this map will get to see some more playtime.

Restaurant 2019: Like it's predecessor, this map is realistically designed but has been expanded with more rooms and props to hide as. This is a good map for peak-hours when there are 25-40 players on but it can become a real slog when there aren't that many players on due to the sheer number of places there are to hide. I also believe that this map has the smallest prop on the server: the sandwich. This prop is very hard to spot due to it's size and the fact that it doesn't stand out too well against the white and beige floorings of the map. It's also nigh-impossible to see in the plants outside unless you walk on top of it and notice. Given that most players have a tendency to pick the smallest prop possible to hide as, I often feel like I'm playing as the Heavy from TF2 hunting sandviches when on this map xd.

Minimall: This is the largest PH map I have ever seen and was clearly designed to be played with a full(ish) server. Now, when that is the case this map isn't too bad because there are enough hunters to be able to check every room several times over and there are enough places to hide so props also stand a chance at winning. However, this is another popular map so it will often get chosen in the times when there are few players online. Playing on such a huge map with only 10-15 players just is not very fun as the props will win almost every time. There have been times when I have hidden in the same room for the whole map and not one player ever entered that room. To solve this, I think a system that chooses the maps to vote based on the number of players online would be highly benefical if possible. This way, large maps such as Minimall are less likely to come up to vote with only few players on (not impossible just less likely) and instead much smaller maps would be shown such as cruce. On the contrary, cruce would be less likely to come up for vote with a full server but not impossible as 40 player cruce is absolute chaos and I love it as do many other regulars I'm sure. I believe a feature like this would make a lot of players happy, myself included.
[Image: fERop8v.png]