Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
my old topic got locked for a mysterious reason
idea thread #2

Idea 1: Improve the impersonator to be able to continuously lock on to new identities. As it currently works, it can lock on to one identity and that is the only usable identity. This works pretty well until the person you used it on gets identified and the jig is up. It would be a nice buff for an underused item to be able to constantly select new identities to impersonate.

Idea 2: One of the more fun combos on this server that most people know about by now is the dart gun and the flare gun. You shoot someone with the dart gun and then you shoot them with the flare gun and they explode after a small delay. Right now, they both occupy the "8" weapon slot. It would be a nice buff to move one of them to the "7" weapon slot so you can run both at the same time. Honestly, it wouldn't even be overpowered to do this because it's pretty hard to hit someone with both guns and have others not notice.

Idea 3: I saw this gun on another server so I know it's possible, but I don't have the workshop link or anything. New T weapon: You get an infinite use (or multiple use, up to the balance team) gun that when you shoot at another player, switches positions with them. No cap on distance, etc, just when shot would swap players. Can call this item the Nether Swap (modeled after an ability in Dota that pretty much does the same thing).

Idea 4: I would like to make the time winder (T weapon) a little more useful. Is it possible to provide a small little graphic UI somewhere on the screen (like bottom left/right) that would indicate the timer for when you teleport? Something like the number "3" above your ammo UI at the bottom that would indicate that you're going to TP in 3 seconds. I know you can see the timer by just looking at the weapon ammo count when you hold the time winder but some of us play with fast weapon switch so it's a little more annoying.

Idea 5: Buff the Silenced Pistol's headshot multiplier to 1 shot headshot, similar to how the Silenced Sniper does minimal body/limb damage but is devastating to the head. Would make a completely unused T weapon into something that is quite good.

Idea 6: Buff the HUGE to a 250 bullet capacity.

Idea 7: Bring back the Grapple Hook, but as a Crate of Dumb Garbage item. Purple (or orange, if deemed by admins) rarity. Same rules apply to the hook as it did before.

Idea 8: Give an extra charge to shurikens. It's currently 3 charges, which kills 1.5 full hp players. An extra allows it to kill 2.

Idea 9: When the round enters overtime, all traitors are revealed through scoreboard, similar to how a defibrillator reveals an identified T. There is not any other indication or notice provided.
I think the threads get locked out after 30 days, one of us can just unlock the old thread if you would prefer
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
Idea 1: No, too op

Idea 2: sure

Idea 3: sounds like a cool concept

Idea 4: would be cool, would be nice to see how much you wind it on your screen rather than as ammo in the thing

Idea 5: no, too op

Idea 6: it has enough bullets

Idea 7: no, it's gone for a reason and that reason hasn't changed

Idea 8: sure
someone thought it would be a good idea to autolock threads older than a month despite suggestion threads taking significantly longer than that to actually work on
Not just that, but more subsections of the forums especially suggestions. Formats for shit so on. Leading to better navigation and tracking of suggestions, knowing whether a players suggestion or not has been considered and such and trialed.
Kaptain Les
TTT Mod
Discord Admin
PH Helper
DR Player
Murder Hater
[Image: otzEX]
Fuck G-Cubed
[Image: he-man-background-1.gif]
(01-31-2022, 12:41 AM)No Pariah Wrote: Idea 1: Like cee said I think that would make it too good. All you need to do is hide the body in a t room or behind some props and its less likely to be identified.

Idea 2: Yes

Idea 3: Could be something really cool to add for mobility and some creative ways of killing.

Idea 4: I think this would add easier use and understanding with the item. 

Idea 5: This would for sure make it be used every round by someone who can aim decently but I would not like a silenced deagle going around.

Idea 6: Just the Ares Shrike with a slight change in stats so I don't think so.

Idea 7: Not a bad idea to bring back an item but it would have to be up to whether this could prevent abuse if people are actually concerned about it this time.

Idea 8: Makes perfect sense

Idea 9: This just punishes people who like to play long and people who lose track of the match time. I think this would just change the rounds into a fast paced shooter which TTT just isn't. 
Heres my one serious post of the year.
CONSUME THE RICH ☭

o7 A Farewell to Arms o7

Eat shit and live Damien…..

“I was in a butcher shop once and a pig’s head told me that God and the Devil killed each other a long time ago” -Evan Kelmp

+rep : ) Nov. 02 2021 - June 5th 2022

what in the god damn

Not a scar on his back...
Threads do auto lock after 30 days from last comment, so a month should be plenty of time for an admin to jot the ideas down and keep it alive if they so wish. In fact I thought it was supposed to ignore threads that an admin was the last comment on, so it shouldn’t have locked, but I’ll look into that. It’s been 3 months since the thread was posted so a new thread is fine.
Also, formats should be locked in the first place so idk why we wouldn’t want those to auto lock.

Anyways admins now have a month+ to keep this alive if they want this to be an open discussion. Looking over this list tho several would require a bit of lua tweaks which is likely a key problem to implementing many of these. I’ve seen some attempted hands at lua with mixed results so idk.

Edit: tbf only 3 and 4 need more than just a value changed so most are easy yes.

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
Idea #5, revision 2:

Change Silenced Pistol sound file to be completely silent. Make it have no muzzle flash either. Just make this gun not suck ass.
(01-31-2022, 10:35 AM)matt_st3 (Strongrule) Wrote: Looking over this list tho several would require a bit of lua tweaks which is likely a key problem to implementing many of these. 
only 1 of these sounds not possible (4) everything else sounds easy

1. ive been meaning to look into it, almost definitely possible

2. :)

3. also can look into this, especially with giving it a newton launcher/pulsecannon-esque graphic for the cooldown in addition to the on-the-ground-only stipulation

4. really not sure if this is possible but i can look into it ig

5. id rather just make it even more quiet / give it something like a zoom on ADS, honestly not sure how you can make something like that and not make it busted (unless you made it only 1-2 clips and non refillable)

6. :)

7. +1

8. also on my list lol

9. it would be nice in theory but it would ultimately just end up making traitor an even more undesirable role, you have to take longer sometimes depending on who you’re with
(01-31-2022, 12:41 AM)No Pariah Wrote: Idea 1: Improve the impersonator to be able to continuously lock on to new identities. As it currently works, it can lock on to one identity and that is the only usable identity. This works pretty well until the person you used it on gets identified and the jig is up. It would be a nice buff for an underused item to be able to constantly select new identities to impersonate.
Hong says this is possible and may look into it, so that is something I would leave to him to experiment with.

Idea 2: One of the more fun combos on this server that most people know about by now is the dart gun and the flare gun. You shoot someone with the dart gun and then you shoot them with the flare gun and they explode after a small delay. Right now, they both occupy the "8" weapon slot. It would be a nice buff to move one of them to the "7" weapon slot so you can run both at the same time. Honestly, it wouldn't even be overpowered to do this because it's pretty hard to hit someone with both guns and have others not notice.
Coming soon

Idea 3: I saw this gun on another server so I know it's possible, but I don't have the workshop link or anything. New T weapon: You get an infinite use (or multiple use, up to the balance team) gun that when you shoot at another player, switches positions with them. No cap on distance, etc, just when shot would swap players. Can call this item the Nether Swap (modeled after an ability in Dota that pretty much does the same thing).
This probably already exists as a T/D weapon somewhere on the workshop. Just a matter of finding it unless someone wants to make a new version from the ground up

Idea 4: I would like to make the time winder (T weapon) a little more useful. Is it possible to provide a small little graphic UI somewhere on the screen (like bottom left/right) that would indicate the timer for when you teleport? Something like the number "3" above your ammo UI at the bottom that would indicate that you're going to TP in 3 seconds. I know you can see the timer by just looking at the weapon ammo count when you hold the time winder but some of us play with fast weapon switch so it's a little more annoying.
Not possible unless there is someone out there who both can and wants to code a custom UI element for the weapon. I recommend enabling the setting that keeps your slot display open on the bottom left of your screen. Then you can just see what it is listed as without having to scroll over to it. 

Idea 5: Buff the Silenced Pistol's headshot multiplier to 1 shot headshot, similar to how the Silenced Sniper does minimal body/limb damage but is devastating to the head. Would make a completely unused T weapon into something that is quite good.
What HONG said.

Idea 6: Buff the HUGE to a 250 bullet capacity.
Coming soon

Idea 7: Bring back the Grapple Hook, but as a Crate of Dumb Garbage item. Purple (or orange, if deemed by admins) rarity. Same rules apply to the hook as it did before.
At that point it'd be better just to re-add it. We'll keep a close eye on things but it will likely never be a dumb garbage crate item as it gives a massive advantage to a player unlike the other items which are mostly just joke items. 

Idea 8: Give an extra charge to shurikens. It's currently 3 charges, which kills 1.5 full hp players. An extra allows it to kill 2.
Coming soon

Idea 9: When the round enters overtime, all traitors are revealed through scoreboard, similar to how a defibrillator reveals an identified T. There is not any other indication or notice provided.
Absolutely fucking not lmao.
[Image: b_560x95.png]