Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shots don't hit like they're supposed to?
How many times have you shot a crouched player in the head on your screen only for it do 17 damage and instantly revealed yourself as a t? I'm not quite sure if this is a hitbox model problem or a server-side issue but headshots/heavy damage shots haven't been consistent in months and was wondering if anyone had similar experiences with weapons that normally headshot being non-lethal at point blank. Like surely, I'm not just "missing" every single headshot because it seems to happen way too often.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Brings me back to this lovely clip. Passed through his weird head hit box lul

[Image: wattson-apex-legends.gif]
[Image: 6jCIuUl.gif]
I think its just engine or the server tickrate. Had a lot of headshots that did body damage, or weird chest shots that hit head. Jumping people you just have to bodyshot unless they're not jump pack jumping, and are going in a line.
cool picture thanks for sharing
reg is giga omega dogshit since new update idk why but headshots are rare as hell now
as the community's hitbox detective (the guy who made all the hitbox reworks we just added) i would like to put out an unpopular opinion.
our hitreg isnt completely broken. yes there are definitely times where shots hit when they shouldn't and shots miss when they should hit (missregs). if you shoot and think you should have hit someone, the best way to tell is if there is blood. if there is no blood - your computer said you missed. if there is your computer says you hit. if there is blood and they dont die blame the server. if there is no blood and they die, nice luck. if there is no blood and they dont die. skill issue/unlucky spread. missregs happen much more often with people with unstable internet or people with just bad connections. i definitely think there are better hitregs out there, its just hard to test them with a test server of 8 people.
i dont fully understand everything that happens on the server's backend, but this is what i have come to understand.

i also get that the most frustrating thing is seeing a shot hit but it not reging on the server's side. i still vote for this addon to be added to the test/main servers. while it wont fix the hitreg itself, it will get rid of those fake hits you see.

please understand that this game is very old. the source engine is very old. while there are very dedicated people, whom i respect greatly, dedicate their time to getting better at this game, its best to keep in mind that this game and its addons are far from perfect.

also quick edit. its not the tickrate or hitboxes (well tickrate of 33 isnt ideal for hitreg). i think the best course of action is finding a new hitreg that doesnt have a backdoor and removing a lot of addons from the server ("fast download" lmao). having as many addons as we do is good for a rp server. not a ttt server.
dear admins: stop adding 20 addons/update.

spring cleaning update when?
i made a thing
i made another thing
i made a new thing

former ttt mod
former dr admin
Staff 2017-2023
(02-12-2022, 07:58 PM)dero Wrote: as the community's hitbox detective (the guy who made all the hitbox reworks we just added) i would like to put out an unpopular opinion.
our hitreg isnt completely broken. yes there are definitely times where shots hit when they shouldn't and shots miss when they should hit (missregs). if you shoot and think you should have hit someone, the best way to tell is if there is blood. if there is no blood - your computer said you missed. if there is your computer says you hit. if there is blood and they dont die blame the server. if there is no blood and they die, nice luck. if there is no blood and they dont die. skill issue/unlucky spread. missregs happen much more often with people with unstable internet or people with just bad connections. i definitely think there are better hitregs out there, its just hard to test them with a test server of 8 people.
i dont fully understand everything that happens on the server's backend, but this is what i have come to understand.

i also get that the most frustrating thing is seeing a shot hit but it not reging on the server's side. i still vote for this addon to be added to the test/main servers. while it wont fix the hitreg itself, it will get rid of those fake hits you see.

please understand that this game is very old. the source engine is very old. while there are very dedicated people, whom i respect greatly, dedicate their time to getting better at this game, its best to keep in mind that this game and its addons are far from perfect.

also quick edit. its not the tickrate or hitboxes (well tickrate of 33 isnt ideal for hitreg). i think the best course of action is finding a new hitreg that doesnt have a backdoor and removing a lot of addons from the server ("fast download" lmao). having as many addons as we do is good for a rp server. not a ttt server.
dear admins: stop adding 20 addons/update.

spring cleaning update when?
They have been way better for sure I feel like anyways sometimes iffy but decent now :)
[Image: D6E0C93A-D285-4C99-B7AB-C616869240B2.jpg...2d0fbf6a9&][Image: 86DBE62D-5EE5-47F0-9E4C-DE5FA0541D5B.jpg...d2ef8e0e3&]
Ex- TTT Mod
Dong's Favorite Tmod
(02-12-2022, 07:58 PM)dero Wrote: spring cleaning update when?
agree

also just because you lived in buttfuck nowhere and had an accordingly awful internet connection doesnt mean we add 20 addons per update, though the collection does need to be cleaned out + shit no one uses removed
(02-12-2022, 07:58 PM)dero Wrote: spring cleaning update when?
But I don't want to lose my cool, fun items!
CONSUME THE RICH ☭

o7 A Farewell to Arms o7

Eat shit and live Damien…..

“I was in a butcher shop once and a pig’s head told me that God and the Devil killed each other a long time ago” -Evan Kelmp

+rep : ) Nov. 02 2021 - June 5th 2022

what in the god damn

Not a scar on his back...
(02-12-2022, 07:58 PM)dero Wrote: ("fast download" lmao)

Fast download doesn't refer to the literal speed of your downloads, that is always relative to your internet connection.. it refers to a feature of source dedicated servers that lets users to download content through a proxy download server with high bandwidth instead of being limited to the source engine's 30KB/s bandwidth cap for client connections

Also server performance isn't determined by just a static number of addons added.. its the actual performance cost of the code ran per server tick. Adding 20 playermodels has no impact to server performance, but adding 20 SWEPS that all have really convoluted and slow features will, especially when that code has to run 120 times per second during a giant firefight.