Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dinkleburger & T-round Recipes
Well my phone has SD card corruption apparently so here's my take on a Dinkleburger. Dad took the pic and put together his own sandwich on white bread so it looks like shit so I probably won't show, but here's the recipe I made up, as well as a mixed drink. Starting with the burger, we start off with taking a slab of venison from last hunting season, grinding it up with beef fat from the local butcher.

Once it's finely ground we mix in 1-2 eggs (I used 2 due to feeding a lot of people) Let sit overnight to set. Keeps them firm. The only other "Sitting' component would be what I'm calling Detective's Hunch: Pearl onions from the garden, peeled and marinated in sour mash whiskey and lime juice overnight. We flatten these and add them in the topping layer once we're near finished.

Grabbing some Parasol mushrooms from the woods, I made sure they were around bun size. You want to sautee these before or after the burgers. I'd say before so you don't get a grit texture on them, unless you're using separate pans or spaces on your grill.

Make sure your grill or stovetop are fully heated, scorching hot. Then we'll put in the burgers and season our buns (if we're using buns). I usually dust everything in Cayenne then salt and pepper. If on stovetop like I'm doing, I cook them in a garlic and lime butter. Preparing in a separate pan, thick cut bacon. If you don't know how to cook bacon ask your mama.

Let the burgers firm up cooking and then you can throw on your seasonings. I usually add on cayenne, onion powder and garlic powder. Bacon should be done before the burgers so go ahead and plate your bacon, and pat it dry. Slice open some garden fresh jalapenos if you have some, if not, opt for the wider variety of Jalapenos you can. Something to cover the burger's space well.

I used ones from the garden. Cut them lengthwise on one side, then spread it and dissect the seeds. Throw these prepared peppers and a few cut ringlets of onions into your bacon pan and cook until the jalapenos become tender and the onions are caramelized.

I recommend segregating them. Burgers will be done next so go ahead and hit their second seasoning coat, and if you're adding cheese, add it here. I opted for pepper jack. You can also go ahead and mayo your buns or whatever else condiment you might like. I personally used a guacamole spread I made for my last dish. Used a restaurant spoon spread style for the buns; Scoop out a tablespoon full then use the bottom to smoothly coat the buns.

I served it alongside a drink recipe I made up tonight too, just calling it "T-Round" Or a "Slippery Bastard." We start off with the sour mash whiskey (Could use gin or another lighter liquor, or prepare this virgin) We don't want it served too strong, so I opted for an ounce and a half of the whiskey or so. Then I add some lime juice, and some sweet lemon juice from the garden.

Make it half and half if possible; opt for around 2 ounces total. Make sure if possible to get a good amount of lemon oil on top, make a good slick. We're getting a bit bitter so we'll add our simple syrup now, just a barspoon full. Tumble if fresh juice. I personally opted for some extra lemon juice in mine. Once you're done tumbling it with your ice, pour and garnish with mint or cinnamon. I opted for Cinnamon. Basically a simple whiskey sour type drink with a bit of bias from me.

I just made this since Tiny asked for it.
Imma need ingredient list because I lost myself halfway through
man shut UP
(02-12-2022, 07:23 PM)Icey Wrote: man shut UP
yeah
whut duh
@Wilfry Dunno how to quote since I'm boomer, but Burgie:

Hamburger, egg. Use eggs and hamburger to form up to 4-5 patties.

Cheese (Recommend pepperjack)

Marinated pearl onions (Recommend whiskey or a vinegar fruit marinade)

Bacon (Thick cut)

Jalapeno (large, spread open and deseeded, cooked) Onion spirals

Parasol Portabella mushrooms; sautee and add to burger.

I recommend pan cooking it in a garlic lime butter. Cayenne goes excellent as a post cook seasoning.
(02-12-2022, 07:32 PM)Medthicc Wrote: *snip*
Thanks a lot
describe it as you’d see it on the menu then ill read it
(02-12-2022, 08:55 PM)HONG Wrote: describe it as you’d see it on the menu then ill read it

Savory mushrooms, Spicy Jalapenos & Sweet onions! A Down-home Dink's classic!
(02-12-2022, 09:32 PM)Medthicc Wrote:
(02-12-2022, 08:55 PM)HONG Wrote: describe it as you’d see it on the menu then ill read it

Savory mushrooms, Spicy Jalapenos & Sweet onions! A Down-home Dink's classic!
sounds perfect, just add a blue cheese spread