Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
request for unban request of unbanning
Forum/Steam Name: cumphobe/bunniey/boob/notrand/various

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:40546659

Who Banned You (Staff Member or System): matt

Reason For Ban: Banned for image spread of forum staff and continuous social behavior

Length of Ban: Perm

Reason for Admins to Unban: honestly just want the ability to throw up ban requests, hard to play the game consistently without that ability since i find myself being the only one online who will do that kind of thing very often

Have you been banned before (Link relevant threads): no real easy way to find them bc of the whole ban thing

Other: disc access would be nice too

anything more that needs addressed from last unban request vs this one, please do tell/ask

if it helps i hadnt had any infractions on forums or disc since...well, the phoenix thing, to some people, but a year now for forums and 10ish months on disc, so thats fun

also, out of respect to peeps involved, i didnt like want to put up any info on what the ban was for again, and left out any names on both unban requests for the same reason, so if anyone posts asking for clarification, i will not be at liberty to say
Based on the previous unban request this seems like one of those really stupid jokes you make at 3am while your brain is turned off... of course I know nothing about the situation other than what the banning moderator and the banned player said because the thread was instantly locked so nobody had the opportunity to actually talk about it, but thats what I got out of it. I say +1, Rand has his moments but this just sounds like a shitty joke that did not come off right.
(03-26-2022, 09:54 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote: Based on the previous unban request this seems like one of those really stupid jokes you make at 3am while your brain is turned off... of course I know nothing about the situation other than what the banning moderator and the banned player said because the thread was instantly locked so nobody had the opportunity to actually talk about it, but thats what I got out of it. I say +1, Rand has his moments but this just sounds like a shitty joke that did not come off right.
Except it wasn't just a dumb 3am joke. When you take the face of someone and slap them beside a known child predator (which rand informed me it wasn't supposed to be taken that way, but for reference, you CANNOT control how people takes things) and try to pass it off as "forum janitors joke" kind of thing it doesn't sit well, period anywhere. While they meant it as something innocent, that has real life repercussions. When something like that is uploaded, its become public at that point, we all know that. No matter how much you say that "it wasn't shared" it was. It got around to me before I saw it in the discord and brought it forward to be talked about. Yes, I'm the one that reported it, rand and laced know that already, I spoke to both.

However nothing you posted helps your unban case.

Nor does it help that the image is still pinned in the discord, that he has not sent a proper genuine apology to Travis (because obviously you're not sorry, your actions show such, you came and apologized to me of all people but not the one personally affected.) etc. There's a lot of reasons to deny this. You have SUCH A GOOD HEAD on your shoulders, why you're going down a bad path is beyond me. I love you, I love Laced, I love that whole group but ya'll have become people I don't know anymore and it makes me cry lol. It's genuinely hurting my heart.

I hope you can truly learn something from this. Travis may not be super active, but that has entirely killed his WANT to be active. You guys have almost entirely run him out over trying to be funny. That's not cool. You know it's not cool. Just even on a moral level, that was low, and you couldn't even give a proper apology.
You gave a half hearted apology to me publicly but didn't come talk to me personally about it. Not only did you not come talk to me, you sent an apology to someone who had nothing to do with any of the banning process. This feels like you weren't sincere in anything you said. I may not be super active in this community but a meme like that makes me genuinely feel unwelcomed here. I typically do not care about memes about me or just shit in general. Shit-talking is going to happen on the internet. Taking my photo without my permission, even if it's on my steam/discord profile is a definite no. That doesn't include the context and other photo you used in the meme. I'm not going to vote as obviously i have a very strong bias in this situation.
[Image: b_560x95.png][Image: clapclub.jpg?width=1202&height=519]
Alright, bringing up me not apologizing directly to Travis as a reason to deny this is just not...accurate. Travis, be honest, would you even want to hear an apology from me? Would that make anything better, or would it annoy you more that you even had to read a message from me?

Because that's how I feel when people who I don't like do something I don't like. I don't want them to apologize, I just don't want them to interact with me anymore. If I want closure from someone, I'll tell them "Hey, this is bothering me still."

That's just a me defect probably, but that's all that is. So yeah, if you think a real direct apology would help you, then yes I would do it and mean it. There's a reason I never brought up your name or anything, or never contacted you. I just figured you didn't want any amount of interaction with me, so if that was a bad assumption, I am sorry for that. Truly.

I'm trying to say less because people in the staffing teams hate when I say more but when I say less it's wrong too but when I say more it's extra wrong and when I try to keep to myself it's wrong but when I try to do things that I actually think will benefit people it's also wrong and then people wonder why I do anything that I do when it feels just like everything I do within the community that I truly love is wrong, shitty memes aside, and I just don't really know what anyone wants from me, honestly. It feels like I'm always doing the opposite of what y'all want from me, I'm sorry
(03-26-2022, 10:20 PM)cumphobe Wrote: It feels like I'm always doing the opposite of what y'all want from me, I'm sorry
Put yourself in others shoes, and think from that perspective sometimes, instead of being stuck in your head. I don't mean that in an offensive way, but as in a literal sense. You get so wrapped up in things you're doing, that you don't stop and think about how things will affect others, just the fun in the moment, what feels right in the moment, etc. Sometimes thinking things through is a big help. You're one to jump up pretty fast on things.
That's a good start.
Travis would probably benefit from a personal apology because he is the type to talk things through. I told him how to reach you on discord because he was having issues so expect messages shortly.

Don't think that any of what I say is out of hate, because it's not. If I hated you you'd know, ask jupi-
Anyhow :)

I just want you to do better. You have a lot of potential. You just have a lot of actions to back up your words.
As much as I like you and the old friend group, I disassociated because you all make life a living hell for people you hate. Absolutely no regard for their feelings. I don’t think that’s cool. It wasn’t just a shitty meme though. I don’t know/care who made it, but it was made because you all quite frankly don’t like Travis and thought it was a great idea to stamp his image beside a previous piece of garbage forum janitor. It was a comparison not a joke. Fucking malice is what this has turned into. As for a vote, idc.
What you did was incredibly stupid and distasteful. There is no logical reasoning for it even existing in good taste. You compared a community member to a pedophile by slapping their real face on the same image as the pedophile's face. That is not just something that happens in the moment, that takes a bit of time and effort to make. Some things should be obvious on what is okay to make fun of or not and the limits that come with said things. The moment that said image was even talked about should have been seen as that, too far. Now I am not saying we need to have a group hug and sing Cumbia, but if we cannot even stop ourselves from comparing each other to some of the worst scum on the planet, then what is even the point?

I hope you did actually take time to learn something if you are unbanned. Given your track record on the forums, I would not be surprised if this is denied. I can understand wanting to make ban requests if you regularly play on the server and that is at least a better reason than your last unban request. Since I am friends with Travis any vote I make will come by with bias so I will refrain from voting. This whole situation is stupid and should not have happened. Be better.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army
I'm torn.

Rand, the discord ban was one of the hardest things that I had to do. You were something of a mentor when I rose up the ranks in '20, and we're incredibly helpful to me. It sucks to see how far things have fallen.

That being said, I'll echo the comments of my admin colleagues - be better. The use of Travis' face is frankly pure malice, as dong said. It hurt to ban you, but I did my duty.

I'll reflect this decision onto your discord ban.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
(03-26-2022, 10:05 PM)Mother Nuru. Wrote: Nor does it help that the image is still pinned in the discord, that he has not sent a proper genuine apology to Travis (because obviously you're not sorry, your actions show such, you came and apologized to me of all people but not the one personally affected.) etc. There's a lot of reasons to deny this. You have SUCH A GOOD HEAD on your shoulders, why you're going down a bad path is beyond me. I love you, I love Laced, I love that whole group but ya'll have become people I don't know anymore and it makes me cry lol. It's genuinely hurting my heart.
I had my own response typed up but I feel this best summarizes my opinion. Maybe I’ve changed, maybe we’ve grown into different people, but god dammit if banning you wasn’t one of the hardest decisions I’ve ever had to make. I want you to come back but every time we give you a chance you take it and spit it back into our faces and make us feel stupid for trusting you. I’m sorry rand but I don’t want to go through this again.