Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My T-mod App?
All issues brought forward by themselves, are not an issue.
When you put them together, they point to a bigger issue; Personality issue that clashes with ban power.
You are quick to jump on things, or say things that are off color, instead of thinking things through all the way. I personally wouldn't promote you to anything with any kind of ban power until I saw improvement in this area.
In response to your comment to Ryzif and Jammin. That's a gross response. Just because you apologized doesn't mean its all hunky dory all of a sudden. That comment they're referring to was past wrong and you refused to apologize until several admins confronted you. Be better. This is in response to your deleted comment. MORE instances that you cannot control yourself. You telling people they're blowing things out of proportions because they're bringing up concerns that legitimately bother them is concerning as well. I don't think you need any kind of promotion for 6 months minimum. You need to work on self control.

Edit; Yes I'm aware it was deleted, my POINT is, you couldn't control yourself from not posting an anger filled message to begin with. The lack of self control has gotten worse since trusted for some reason.
To be honest it seems like all the issues that have been brought up, besides asking questions (which imo is a non issue) have been one off things. This points to lemon having worked on them as they have not been repeated. I'm not going to turn lemons app into an argument but I find this post slightly hypocritical for reasons I'll probably keep to myself and pretty off colored.
For the promotion of Lemon from Trusted to the rank of Test-Mod, she has my sincere endorsement and support. (+1).

In my eyes, she is capable and qualified for T-mod. She has been very active on the server and in the community. As a staff member, she diligently collects evidence and proactively takes part in staff discussions and deliberations. In no way to I observe her desire for a higher rank as superficial. She genuinely wants to further her assistance for our TTT server, which is far different than how some individuals simply just want a higher rank for the sake of improving their image. I have not viewed any of her actions as fundamentally malicious or toxic. 

That being said, Lemon does have some instances which bring hesitance towards providing her a greater rank. I hope to address and insert my own opinion on some of these. 
  • Reliance on asking staff for rule clarifications - Yes. Lemon has asked for further information on how to approach enforcing specific rules. In itself, I do not view this as an issue whatsoever. As staff rise in their ranks, there is an expectation for a greater grasp of the rules in order to properly enforce them. Although, staff still have access to the MOTD and staff guidelines for specification on rules and proper enforcements. Furthermore, as a staff member, Lemon has access to her fellow colleagues. There is nothing wrong with asking questions. In fact, I ask questions all of the time. Both times as Trusted, T-Mod, and even as Mod, I would ask for clarification in our Staff Discord. This can appear like a lack of knowledge, but for me its part of my careful deliberation and enforcement. It is better to preemptively ask and be safe, than act in error and be sorry.  Even if the answer is obvious. 
  • Abuse of Staff Commands - Kicking without reason and wrongful slays are never appropriate for staff. That is obvious, but intention and context is always necessary to consider. 
  1. For the instance of kicking, she believed it necessary against the individual for what she viewed as time farming alone on the server. She asked another staff member for clarification of what to do, and then enforced what she believed as adequate action. I was there when this happened. She did in fact ask the opinion of other staff before issuing the kick. This is much different than if she had kicked the individual without thought. 
  2. Wrongful slays. Now, is she issuing these to random people without context? From what I've seen, no. She was joking with individuals and forgot to remove them. It does not matter how many times upper staff say NOT to use commands in a joking manner, it will happen. From teleporting, kicking, slaying, gagging, etc. It happens. Sometimes it goes too far, which is when an apology is issued by the staff member. Current admins have at least one of the prior mentioned acts against myself in a joking manner. This is far different than abusing the slay command against people. If she did slay someone randomly, or if the joke was not consented to, she should apologize. 
  3. False KOS's in relay. This is never good. It should never occur. She made mistakes and apologized. If she does it again after all this time, it should warrant adequate punishment. 
In short, the promotion to T-mod and consequential increase in usable staff commands is not a worry for me. Lemon will not use them to attack the integrity of the server or staff team. She will not 'abuse' her commands in a malicious manner. She will use them as most other staff will. To either legitimately enforce rules or use them in a "no harm, no foul" manner to joke with friends. If that joking around with commands is an issue, then it should be discussed in its own individual thread for the entire staff community rather than singled out for her. 
  • Wasting Staff Resources - No. She did everything she could with the very little access to her own resources that she possessed. Could it have been handled better? Yes. But that mishandling is both from her and other staff members. If I had been active and not busy with school during the incident, I would have acted similarly as her.
  • Toxic Joke in Staff Chat - It was distasteful and ill-advised to say, but she eventually apologized. Even if it required the intervention, she apologized. I've acted VERY similar to her in the recent past. In fact, that was a year ago and heavily clouded by Moderator Staff Application. Obviously an apology alone does not make everything okay, but holding it against her in a hostile manner AFTER she apologizes also is not okay either. It was a retracted joke. Maybe she could have said she would try to act better in the future.
Again, I do no see anything major disqualifying her. Could she go over the rules and be more careful of her actions in the future? Yeah. But none of the acts I've witnessed are out of malicious intent. 

(+1) This is my opinion. If that opinion opposed the statement or actions of other individuals, I am sorry, but I stand by my opinion. You reserve the right to criticize my opinion. If you feel the need to come at me Ad Hominem, I would prefer you DM me.
[Image: gYIxK93.png]
I may have given a -1 for Lemon to be promoted, but I feel that the way this app has been handled has been significantly worse than most people who receive a lot of -1s; I would argue as far as to say it's almost the same level of negative feedback as if a troll (My Staff App in June 2020) would be receiving.

I gave sincere honest feedback on this because I had felt that there were some extremely minor things that could potentially become larger issues at a promotion. The only one that really wasn't minor was that Lemon sometimes is argumentative, that's my biggest qualm with Lemon as a staff member; that ultimately is the reason why I think Lemon needed more time. I personally feel that people who brought up things that Lemon had thought were resolved or as I had previously stated, things that you could not defend publicly as it was something that occurred in the staff discord. That, just being blunt, was bullshit and should've been brought up privately rather than posted publicly. Not very professional, but we're humans and make mistakes.

Some of you are acting as if she's this God awful staff member who does nothing right with the way you give feedback; that really isn't true at all. She has usually always been super quick to helping out when a ping is issued and the various other positive things that people have said.

Word of advice to you all: best way to give feedback is not only hammer on one side of the field. Talk about Pros AND Cons, not JUST pros or JUST cons about the applicant. Lemon deserves better treatment than this, it seems extremely petty from an outsiders perspective to put her under a microscope. She isn't applying for Moderator; if she was applying for moderator where she would have genuine banning power, then AND ONLY THEN would I understand this level of scrutiny she's being put under. Test Mods can ban for... 1 hour with a karma ban.

I've not changed my vote to a +1, but I will say that some of the feedback that has been given has not been very constructive and just seems to be you venting frustrations in an unprofessional manner; just wanted to give my two cents before this thread is closed.
Done a write up with lemon in private as requested.

Overall it's a +1 for the forums record and community viewing of my vote.
Kaptain Les
TTT Mod
Discord Admin
PH Helper
DR Player
Murder Hater
[Image: otzEX]
Fuck G-Cubed
[Image: he-man-background-1.gif]
Your application has been ACCEPTED congrats!