Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
My T-mod App?
Hi Lemon,

First, thanks for applying for the next staff tier. It is always good to see staff members who take the initiative to request a staff promotion, and the responsbilities that come with it.

Pros:
-Active, especially in staff discussions, and vocal about
-Total hours, lots of overall game experience, been trusted for a while
-Overall in-server staffing is OK
-Willing to ask questions when there is a confusion over the rules
-Active in staff discussions
-Able to gather evidence
-Responsive to TTT On-Call pings
-Strong community participation - strong participation in main discord, forums, also active on the murder server
-Strong community support, as evidenced by the comments above.

Cons:
-Still learning basic staffing - while it is ok to ask questions while trusted - and I continue to encourage you to ask questions about tricky situations, tmod+ should really have a full grasp of the guidelines before getting the promotion. Quite a few of the rules you have asked aobut in the past are in the guidelines, and are often simple situations (e.g. racism, RDM, etc.) that should be easily punished per the guidelines.
-Lack of ban requests - lists a TON of things in the watchlist, but has only filed 2 ban requests since becoming staff. When people ask why person ABC has 17 warns but isn't banned, it's because the watchlist isn't the place for ban requests - its the forums.
-Abuse of staff commands - while it's ok to sometimes do a joke slay that's removed - or some minor thing such as that - I've witnessed/noticed certain issues such as kicking 1 person trying to reivive the server for timefarming (when they were actively working on inventory), issue a joke slay without removing it (causing the victim to be slain falsely), has sometimes issued a joke KOS via relay (which could impact the integrity of the game), and other minor issues which could impact the game.
With the T-Mod role, you are given more commands, notably !bring and ulx csay, abuse of said command could have significant impacts on the integrity of the game. These are likely one-off issues, and I feel that you've learned from them, but these are relatively recent - and give me pause.

Staff commands aren't that big of an issue, and with the other two issues i'd probably be a neutral vote/-0 - give it another month of solid staffing experience, perhaps some reinforcement training, and things would be good.
However, my main concerns as to why I don't feel you should be promoted are directly related to your overall lack of maturity, and behavior unbecoming of an upper staff member.
For privacy of the staff discord and/or those involved, I won't detail the issues here. However, I will list the incidents that concern me, and will clarify what exactly the incident/issues are to you on request. These are generally singular incidents, that accumulated together give me great concern. These include:
-Toxic joke in staff chat in the context of our recent community ban
-Overreaction to a very minor situation
-Targetting of suspicous user/wasting staff resources to target said user

These incidents are all one-off incidents. I'm not necessarily concerned about escalating bad behavior, and there's no need for action from the admin team/strikes regarding these. For the most part, you've apologized and we've moved on. I'm less conerned about malice here, and more concerned about the decisions that are made.
And to be clear, these are very vague and sound a lot worse than they are - but these are primarily to protect Lemon's and other's privacy. I will provide detailed information to Lemon directly regarding what exactly concerned me and why, should she request me to do so.

To be clear, the issue is more an accumulation of minor issues. If you had asked for feedback, I would have provided this - and I don't feel these are any reason for a strike. But, I feel that the standard of behavior for promotion vs the standard for remaining a staff member in good standing, is much higher.
That being said, due to these issues/incidents, I simply feel that giving more time at trusted is most appropriate.

I don't post this to be malicious or as an attempt to ruin your day. I hope that the opposite happens - that you can use this as solid feedback to improve your staffing, use the passive resources (guidelines) before the active (staff), or take preemptive measures (retraining). Also, continue working on the maturity issues that i've provided here.
And again, I think you are doing OK overall as Trusted and I hope you will continue working hard at trusted.
But when it comes to promotion, in good conscious I cannot support you being promoted to test mod at this time.
Respectfully, my vote is a -1.

Best of luck in your application.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
First of all, thank you Jammin for your feedback. I wanna address a few things you said.

“Quite a few of the rules you have asked about in the past are in the guidelines, and are often simple situations (e.g. racism, RDM, etc.) that should be easily punished per the guidelines”

I honestly can’t say I remember the rdm questions that I may have asked about. I know that when I do ask in staff chat about it is because I really don’t understand the situation. And about racism or related, it’s because if I am being honest, I don’t really know many slurs, or usually even more “complex” words that are rarely used so perhaps when someone says something that I suspect could be racist, or derogatory, or similar, I wanna be sure it is for the reason stated above. Because another issue is, things I see wrong the rest of you, don’t. So if y’all don’t it’s probably me and how I am interpreting whatever was said.
 I know how to act on these things. It’s not only a problem of me doubting, but I ALWAYS wanna make sure whatever decision I am taking is the correct one.

-Abuse of staff commands -

“kicking 1 person trying to revive the server for timefarming”

This situation I remember precisely. I don’t remember the person telling me they were arranging their inventory, but I do remember them being on the server for hours, no one joining (I knew this, they had been on since around 7.30AM my time, when the server usually dies, and it had probably been at least 2 hours,  soI knew for a fact no one was gonna join). Anyways, you forgot to mention how I didn’t even bring him being afk up, but it was kizzy, a mod at the time, who said to kick him for that. It’s all in the discord. So as he asked, I figured I just would.

“Has sometimes issued a joke KOS via relay (which could impact the integrity of the game)” 

I have done this. So have/do many but that doesn’t excuse me doing it. If you check, even though I have personally never been told about it causing any problems, I definitely toned it down. 2 occasions since March, and before that, mostly early February. 

“you are given more commands, notably !bring and ulx csay, abuse of said command could have significant impacts on the integrity of the game.”

I honestly only am thinking about the !fspec command. I have no idea how many times I have had to ask in admin chat for afks to be forced to spectate because they haven’t been afk long enough to be kicked, and as most die early in the round, they aren’t automatically forced to spec so they still get roles and THAT interferes with the game. 

- !bring would only be used if someone were stuck, or maybe, like other staff do, when the round ends. But I have to be on spectator so I don’t see myself using it if it isn’t to unstuck someone.

- ulx csay, honestly, idc.  I get annoyed myself when some use it to bitch about being dead (no offense) and I would rather tell people not to delay directly, as I do now as trusted, than through this. So I see no real benefit to using this.

“singular incidents” 
-Manipulation via harassment claim involving a community member (1)
-Toxic joke in staff chat in the context of our recent community ban (2)
-Overreaction to minor/non issues/inciting drama (3)
-Targeting of suspicious user/wasting staff resources to target said user (4)

1. As I told you privately, I have no idea what/which member you are talking about. I don’t want to speculate on my response so I won’t answer here.

2. I won’t try and defend myself, I made a bad joke regarding a touchy subject that I shouldn’t have, period. I owned up to my mistake too.

3. I don’t think I incite drama. If anything, I like to discuss things privately/on the discord if it regards the team. I’d say I normally don’t overreact, but when I do is because I like to *highlight* the importance that something has to me. This is all I can say about this here for two reasons. First, I can’t think of any situation so I can’t explain myself. Also, I figure this is not the place to discuss this.

4. I particularly feel like this one is definitely not appropriate to discuss here. I just wanna make sure I clarify, you calling it a “waste” of staff resources seems a bit too much, and that no one but me, maybe HONG and Battons know everything there was to it. I really want to say more, but I know this is not the place. 

Now that I have cleared that out. I wanna say that, when I did troll for example about the slays, it was with the other person's consent, I stopped when asked, and only did it to a person who also is a staff member, so not only could I unslay, but they could too, and they did, except for one time. So at most, I misused my powers, and it hasn’t happened again since (over 2 months ago).

I don’t think it’s me being inmature, it’s me being silly/stupid and trolling with people who I know aren’t bothered. But again, I haven't done that in a long while.
I think Lemon would make an excellent T-MOD. It's in the servers name Dinkleberg's TTT STAFF NEEDED. yet when someone who has most of the community's support in becoming a t-mod wants to rise the ranks of staff, yall nitpick and question little things. I enjoy having female staff because they are usually quicker to handle harassment situations than their male counterparts.

I feel like the asking questions concern is not that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things. She probably just wants to make sure she is doing the right thing.
And with the "abuse", TTT would NOT be fun without a lil trolling.
LET LEMON STAFF 2022.
*UPDATED VOTE* 
Lemon, I want you to know that I am just coming from a place of honesty without bias. I feel you need to see honesty rather than false support. Know that this comes from wanting you to succeed, not petty malice.

Jammin and Ryzif present some solid points that I wasn't thinking about when I ultimately made this post and I didn't really consider that until I played with you yesterday.

I think you've come a very long way since when I used to regularly interact with you in terms of emotional maturity, but I did play with you yesterday and I can safely say that I in some way agree with them. I think you need more time as trusted to work on these dents in your armor as a staff member. I think you will make a great T-Mod, but now is not the time for it. Obviously I have no idea what's going on in the staff discord nor do I really care in this particular situation; however, if you want to be considered a higher-up in the staff bracket, you must obviously have the respect of the staff team in order to achieve that. One thing that you still struggle with at times is that you seem to be argumentative and not willing to admit when you made a mistake. Leaders make mistakes all the time, so the fact that Ryzif was calling you out for something you were still continuing to do is NOT a good look. In fact, the relay thing is honestly the reason why we as donors cannot use it anymore; for situations like that. Again, I haven't played recently so I haven't experienced that myself but I will say that I trust Ryzif to be honest about it being broken 24 times. I would have checked it myself to see if it was an exaggeration, but I cannot check relay so I am going to have faith in him to be truthful about this.

In your defense, however, English is not your primary language so I understand why you might need to constantly ask something repeatedly to make sure. PLEASE DO NOT TAKE THIS AS ME INSULTING YOUR INTELLIGENCE, that is not what I'm trying to say. I think that the asking the same thing over and over situation might stem from a lack of clear communication between you and the other members of the team, but this could be a reach larger than saying the moon landing is faked. Again, I don't know, as I'm not on the staff team. 

I feel that ultimately, you need some more time to develop as a team player and for that reason I have changed my vote from a +1 to a -1.

Please continue to develop and grow as a staff member. I say you wait a while before reapplying, maybe 2 months to show that you can stop doing the "troll" stuff as much and also be more cooperative; staffing is a team activity, not individual based, do not forget that. 

Best of luck to you, Lemon. I hope to see you continue to grow and be a solid pillar of the community. For now, I don't think you're ready. You will be soon though.

-Salty

(04-09-2022, 12:47 PM)misstie6731 Wrote:  yet when someone who has most of the community's support in becoming a t-mod wants to rise the ranks of staff, yall nitpick and question little things. 

When someone wants to rise to a higher rank, there is a higher sense of responsibility that comes with it. Sure, it may be a Garry's Mod server but the higher ranked staff have more responsibility and influence in situations. I cannot speak for everyone else, but I want Lemon to be successful at being a staple staff member in the community. I just don't think she's ready for it just yet; these little things that are going on are what separate decent staff from excellent staff.

I will say this though: I understand wanting to protect the "integrity" of the staff discord, but I find it to be a tad petty to bring something up that someone cannot defend publicly. I think that is extremely unfair to Lemon, and makes her reputation look significantly worse than what might have happened. If someone's not allowed to defend something publicly, you shouldn't be able to share that as a "con" publicly either.

That's all I have to say on this app. Good Luck on your app, Lemon!
Alright alright.  

First of all  Chill out. There are so many criticisms getting thrown at lemon 

Lemon is a amazing staff member and I think she is on of the current best TTT staff members. 

- She gives amazing input on situations in the the community instead of just dog pilling with all the other staff members and giving a simple "yeah I agree we should do it this way" she gives her own insight on the subjects that come up.

- Lemon responds to the TTT staff pings and helps people and tells them what they can do for the time being till help arrives or till she gets on and handles it herself

- When I was staff I remember lemon always giving good evidence on certain individuals and helping us get rid of them

Lemon asking questions about staffing isn't bad at all and should not hinder her from obtaining
Tmod I was asking questions 24/7 and you guys were there to help me because we had each others back even though they were sometimes simple ass questions I still asked to make sure I did everything right and I got Tmod in the end.

She's been staff for a good amount of time and has shown more then enough improvement over the time she joined the community 
+1 there should be no reason that you don't get this rank.  good luck lemon  ;)

frl tho there was some dumb shit brought up in this thread              -quantum
[Image: BbGd4LU.jpeg]
(04-09-2022, 01:25 PM)Quantum_Edge Wrote: Alright alright.  

First of all  Chill out. There are so many criticisms getting thrown at lemon 

Lemon is a amazing staff member and I think she is on of the current best TTT staff members. 

- She gives amazing input on situations in the the community instead of just dog pilling with all the other staff members and giving a simple "yeah I agree we should do it this way" she gives her own insight on the subjects that come up.

- Lemon responds to the TTT staff pings and helps people and tells them what they can do for the time being till help arrives or till she gets on and handles it herself

- When I was staff I remember lemon always giving good evidence on certain individuals and helping us get rid of them

Lemon asking questions about staffing isn't bad at all and should not hinder her from obtaining
Tmod I was asking questions 24/7 and you guys were there to help me because we had each others back even though they were sometimes simple ass questions I still asked to make sure I did everything right and I got Tmod in the end.

She's been staff for a good amount of time and has shown more then enough improvement over the time she joined the community 
+1 there should be no reason that you don't get this rank.  good luck lemon  ;)

frl tho there was some dumb shit brought up in this thread              -quantum
I agree quantum dumb shit lol
(04-09-2022, 12:47 PM)misstie6731 Wrote: I enjoy having female staff because they are usually quicker to handle harassment situations than their male counterparts.
100% agreed with this, idk about the rest though

ryzif brings up great points about accountability and responsibility, and while ive been absent for the past month, i also still haven’t seen any jarring issues from lemon that would seriously make me even consider having her wait another month to improve on them, rather than having her work on them while she adjusts to an appropriately small additional few commands to learn

some of her best staffing qualities that stand out to me:
-doesn’t rush decisions
-makes her own decisions but knows to ask others when needed
-always asks questions when unsure of something
-much more sensitive to key issues that others often miss
-good at documentation/keeping track of everything
-knows how to have fun

there have been bumps recently, but these are still rooted in good qualities (i.e. having fun turning into too much fun, being astute about security turning into using too much caution), and really don’t need much more than a fine tuning and reassessment of what staff really are there for

i dont think she “wastes staff resources,” and i certainly dont think she needs an intervention or whatever in order for her to make the jump from trusted to tmod. she has strengths and difficulties, just like the rest of us, and just because her difficulties and her aptitudes are different doesn’t point to a deep misinterpretation of what staff do, they’re just ups and downs. im still confident she can buff out these bumps and make her strong points shine settling into a position of appropriate responsibility.

*i also don’t think that the criticisms being thrown at her are intended to be hurtful or anything, some are definitely reaching more than others but even on accepted staff apps there’s still positive feedback that can be gotten out of it; staff should always be looking to improve, being staff is something you’re constantly working on.
I've never had any issues with lemons staffing, nor have witnessed what is being brought up above. Having played with lemon a lot, I think she would do just fine as a tmod and deserves the chance to prove that. +1
I had written a very extense response but realized it came from a place of anger. All I am gonna say is, Ryzif, you and Jammin are talking about the same incident, which hasn't repeated itself since. And I applogized and owned up to it.
[Image: Limon_T3.jpg?ex=65b9d342&is=65a75e42&hm=...height=468]
Hi,
A couple things I would like to clarify and mention.
After a lengthy conversation with Lemon, I clarified the "manipulation" issue. This is a non-issue and is being removed from my list. It was a somewhat minor issue anyway, but it really stems from a miscommunication.
Also, the issue of inciting drama in staff chat really boils down to one incident in February (other issues are more just aggressive opinions, which in and of themselves aren't an issue in staff discussions). In the vast majority of instances, if not all instances that I've mentioned, Lemon has apologized where appropriate and made amends/ceased the issue. My concern isn't about accountability, but more just with the number of minor incidents that have occurred.

Some of these are dated, also. This list is over a number of months, not just from March 2022.

Finally, I want to again emphasize that there are also several pros (which I listed) to Lemon getting T-Mod. If she is promoted, she will have my full support, as I hope she will have from the rest of the team. The stuff I've listed are not necessarily phrased well, and the vast majority of the incidents are what I would classify as minor.

I'm still a -1 but I wanted that information clarified.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks