Second Chance (for winter)
Ingame Name: winter

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:79613233

Who Banned You: Jammin but through orders

Reason For Ban: Alt Evasion  

Length of Ban: Perm

Reason for Admins to Unban: I want to come back to dinklebergs and behave basically is the TLDR, the important things are in "other" section

Have you been banned before (Link relevant threads): Yes, I received a 2 week ban for continued racism, however there is no ban request regarding it. In hindsight, I most likely should have appealed it.

Other:

Obviously, alt evasion is pretty cringe. I had a pretty sad obsession with GMOD and figured alt evading my two week ban was a good thing. I expect some pretty harsh retaliation in relation to my alt evasion like I said, it's pretty cringe. However, I was on relatively good behavior with bloom during my evasion and winter after my unban, I wasn't really problematic at all or causing issues like I have been.
I had been spending like 50-60 hours a week on GMOD prior to my ban too, which was pretty pathetic and shows the level of obsession I had with it. However, I have found inner peace and reduced my dependence on the server pretty well LOL
I do want to reference a precedent set by dong though, where a player was permabanned and proceeded to alt evade his permanent ban, however was stacked with an extra month for each alt that he was caught on, linked below. I believe that with this precedent, it would seem logical that I would be granted return with an extra month served after the length of the initial ban, which was 2 weeks. So from the date of the unban, I would have already served a month or so of extra time, if the generous decision makers decide to follow this route.
https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...259&page=2

I am also willing to agree to a compromise in which I am unbanned with the expectation of good behavior overall, with the deal that if I violate some rules in a mass form again or cause major issues, I'd be community banned. I believe this would be reasonable.
i dont see how one unban is at all a precedent. a precedent we have actually set is the mass ban with 3 reports but that happened many times not just once
[Image: 4kcofo.jpg]thx fish[Image: Salsa_UwU.jpg]
(04-09-2022, 09:18 PM)Cryptic Salsa Wrote: i dont see how one unban is at all a precedent. a precedent we have actually set is the mass ban with 3 reports but that happened many times not just once
Sorry, precedent is probably not the word I should have used. However, I do believe that this could be used as an example of a punishment that could be fitting
Idk man, alt evading on a 2 week instead of attempting to appeal is just smdh. I can't approve -1 ...
CONSUME THE RICH ☭

o7 A Farewell to Arms o7

Eat shit and live Damien…..

“I was in a butcher shop once and a pig’s head told me that God and the Devil killed each other a long time ago” -Evan Kelmp

+rep : ) Nov. 02 2021 - June 5th 2022

what in the god damn

Not a scar on his back...
Quick clarification, I wasn't ordered on either ban. Once we confirmed bloom was an alt via slip-up admission, I made the ban on my own accord.
The racism 2-week ban was also a ban I did on my own - I felt your behavior was ban worthy. The ban length, however, was increased on request (not orders) of my peers, with approval from an admin.

Alt evading is bad, yes. I'm not overly concerned about that at the moment.

But man, you went off the deep end after quitting staff. I don't have the slightest clue what happened that caused you to go from a well liked community member who, from all accounts, did a fine job at a trusted level, to the position where you are today.
Sure the 2 week ban was a bit of a stretch (I was inclined to do a few day but was cleared and recommended by my peers to issue the 2 week) but even you acknowledged you had the ban coming.

Now, the bloom alt you did behave as I recall (other than the ban evasion itself). As you say yourself, you were better when you returned.

I don't agree with your proposal as the level for community ban is nowhere near this (and for the love of God please don't go that far). I'm open to a reduction in the future and don't think this should be kept permanent, but I also don't think it's time for an unban yet. I'd be down for a reduction to like 6-9 months or so, and you can appeal that for an even shorter length next month.

-1 unban
+0 reduction

Also fuck you for calling this second chance, giving us hope that the godforsaken detective item is finally fixed
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
Im going to revisit this in a day and give my Vote, How ever, you helped me push for staff and got my name out there and you were super cool before you resigned. then when you did you got into a really bad mentality which sucked to watch honestly cause we were friends or at least I thought we were. So im hoping if you do come back and get the chance I personally hope you come back strong and better <3 Have a good day :)
[Image: D6E0C93A-D285-4C99-B7AB-C616869240B2.jpg...2d0fbf6a9&][Image: 86DBE62D-5EE5-47F0-9E4C-DE5FA0541D5B.jpg...d2ef8e0e3&]
Ex- TTT Mod
Dong's Favorite Tmod
lol the dude u linked is still permaed no precedent was set for him -1 shoulda just appealed or stuck it out
[Image: giphy.gif]
Gonna be honest here winter. You sure you want to come back? It seemed like this place isn’t good for you to be at my friend. You seemed to be enjoying yourself and friendly enough when I first met you when you rejoined the server but after you rejoined and then quit staff later on it was like you just didn’t care anymore or something set you off. Idk, I think if you do come back you probably just focus on enjoying yourself and not get too deep into the argument that often occur in this place. I’m not voting I just thought I would give some word of advices.
As an ex-staff member, you are held to a higher standard because of your knowledge of the rules and how they work. Unfortunately, you abused this knowledge to skirt around the rules and throw the guidelines at us. From a good staff member to someone Id see on the server list and have to come to terms that I want going to have too much fun this time I got on. It's a no from me.

All you do on the server is bitch and whine about every single punishment or situation and you have said to me before that you like to make staff's lives difficult. You even defend open racism and hide behind fake innocence and lack of context.

Massive -1 to unban 
Massive -1 to reduction

As for this...
(04-09-2022, 09:07 PM)winter (3) Wrote: I do want to reference a precedent set by dong though, where a player was permabanned and proceeded to alt evade his permanent ban, however was stacked with an extra month for each alt that he was caught on, linked below. I believe that with this precedent, it would seem logical that I would be granted return with an extra month served after the length of the initial ban, which was 2 weeks. So from the date of the unban, I would have already served a month or so of extra time, if the generous decision makers decide to follow this route.
https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...259&page=2

There are plenty of people that have alt evaded and never been unbanned, so if we follow that...
Kaptain Les
TTT Mod
Discord Admin
PH Helper
DR Player
Murder Hater
[Image: otzEX]
Fuck G-Cubed
[Image: he-man-background-1.gif]
Quick note: Precedent of alt evading is that if you alt evade a ban, no matter how small, it is upgraded to a permanent ban. That is the position of admins and has not changed.
[Image: b_560x95.png]