Second Chance (for winter)
(04-10-2022, 11:17 AM)RussEfarmer Wrote: the ban you evaded was a 2 week "continued racism" ban and you barely mentioned that in your appeal... I literally don't care about alt evasion, we all get it, it's bad, but not explaining the racism thing at all is pretty cringe and gives me the message that you didn't think it was a big deal
I figured it'd look kind of bad to address and whine about a previous ban that I didn't appeal, especially considering it wasn't the topic of this appeal. However, I will provide the evidence and context for the situation so people can get further insight as to what I did, and my mistakes.
To preface, prior to the situations attached, I only had one warning related to "racism" and dong told me himself that given the context of what had happened, he wouldn't have warned me for it.

My "racism" was assumed when back in February some player named Rosettas Stoned had joined, and being the troll I had been, I had prop killed him multiple times etc. Then, eventually on kakariko a player asked me if I was discriminating, and in response I had said "Yes I'm discriminating on black history month" as a joke, however not a well perceived one. He proceeded to rdm me across multiple maps then go to the admins about it, I will attach the image of what he said to the admins below. Yes, I had said n word with a soft a at one point, not in any racist way but to describe to the player that it was tolerated by staff at the time, not seen as a slur typically.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/9...G_0813.jpg
That is all that came out of that situation, I was not sure whether there was any further evidence provided regarding that one.
The second situation, arised at map start when a player and I had been joking about the ownership of the server, and I had said that I owned the server. Then I made a pretty repulsive slur bait, which at the time I assumed was harmless, as it was just a joke. The imgur is attached with audio and you can hear the joke I made. 
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/9...G_0813.jpg
Generally, I overall felt like the ban was overextended but I decided to do nothing about it. I felt 2 weeks was heavy for the incident, and I do believe the second incident (the imgur with audio) should have been the only thing that was really included, as it was clear cut stupid and rule-
breaking, however the incident prior with Rosetta Stoned was under weak merit and/or evidence I believe. I am not racist, I think the ban title of continued racism might have not been the right one, as it implies that I am a racist with a huge history of it as well. I hope this clears up any concerns regarding that topic. 

[url=https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/933220030764703804/943344716404113479/IMG_0813.jpg][/url]

(04-10-2022, 12:14 PM)Dirtypizza Wrote: snip
Now, ask yourself this: What kind of person do you think you'll be 5 years from now if come back vs. not. Is that somebody you'll feel proud of? Assuming you were unbanned, do you think you'd be able to resist playing as many hours a week as you were previously? Would you be able to treat other players with respect (including staff) and turn the other cheek when somebody says something you don't like?
snip
I wasn't sure how to reply to two people in one, so I'm making another reply for this one. In 5 years, I genuinely don't think it'll make a difference whether I am unbanned or not from this server. I believe that no matter what, in 5 years I will be someone that I am proud of, especially given my most recent life accomplishments. Assuming I am unbanned or granted even a reduction at the slightest, I think I would EASILY be able to resist my hours per week, as I have a lot of life obligations increasing, which I can elaborate more on in private messages if ideal, I just don't want everyone to know my business. I do think in general I used to be able pretty good at turning the cheek and ignore people, and I believe that I can easily revert to this state again, and ignore things I generally disagree with, while respecting everyone.

At the end of the day, all I can do is really repent and say that my behavior was unacceptable, as in hindsight it's more than clear how repulsive it was. I am hoping for a comeback or reduction so I can prove the character I really am. It's clear that I do like dinklebergs and miss it, and I was too dumb at the time to realize the consequences that would come from my actions, even though I had been prior staff and should have known them clearly.
I figure I should clarify the thing that you and Salsa brought up. I did that on my own without talking to the other admins iirc because the offender was wasting everyone’s time and I saw it fit to waste his as well. I meant that for every alt he was caught on it would add one month of instant denial on an appeal.. For example, he’d at least serve 6 months if he was caught on 6 alts, etc. This will just be voted on for what it is, alt evading a racism ban with no strings attached.
Winter, I cannot even lie, this reminds me a lot of my situation as staff; realizing that there wasn't much you can do to change the system, getting frustrated about it, and then acting out due to that frustration. I totally emphasize with your situation, as I was right there with you. Sometimes there was a LOT of hypocrisy going on in staff (most, if not ALL of the people I'm referring to are either resigned or got community banned at this point, not that it matters) but I definitely can relate. There has always seemed to be an overreliance on admins to answer every problem when someone who is a Mod or T-Mod (even Trusteds in some cases) could have easily answered the same question; it's just the way society works, even in a video game community. The closest thing in comparison is whenever an angry customer comes into retail, they never ask for the customer service person to answer their question, they go straight to the department head or assistant store manager. As much as I hate this, it's just the way the cookie crumbles in society.

I think your idea of having a reduction is quite honestly fair. If you're not expecting to be able to play until 2023, I think that it would valid to reduce your permanent ban to a nine month sentence would be reasonable.

If they unbanned me after I massed RDM'ed and left when I was staff, you alt evading is something that can be unbanned as well. Just not today.

+1 for a reduction to 9 months, unbanning him in January 2023.
Can’t believe I read all of this and there was no substance or tea.

Anyway, just echoing what was said - you went from good staff to shitty crying cringe annoying wannabe troll (you were way weirder than being a troll, you failed at trolling.) Seems to me your excuse is blamed on staff ‘circlejerk’ and things ‘not changing.’ If you want something to change then take the first step and put some effort in. If you want other staff reprimanded then submit evidence to admins privately or make a forum post. It’s easy. You have a poor mindset.

We never had issues and you privately messaged me being super out of pocket and making demands. You were racist on the server and contributed to more and more problems. I just ignored you because you turned into a weirdo. Not sure who you were trying to impress. You were warned multiple times by staff for a variety of things and I specifically remember someone said you were close to a ban a couple months ago to which you responded with ‘ban me I’d just alt and never be caught.’

If you don’t anticipate playing until 2023 then my opinion is deny this ban request until 1/1/2023 and then be allowed to submit another unban request.
I'm for a reduction to jan 2023 and if you wanna come back sooner than that then you can further appeal.
The honesty is appreciated especially considering what ya put us through
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
(04-11-2022, 01:48 PM).cee Wrote: Can’t believe I read all of this and there was no substance or tea.

Anyway, just echoing what was said - you went from good staff to shitty crying cringe annoying wannabe troll (you were way weirder than being a troll, you failed at trolling.) Seems to me your excuse is blamed on staff ‘circlejerk’ and things ‘not changing.’ If you want something to change then take the first step and put some effort in. If you want other staff reprimanded then submit evidence to admins privately or make a forum post. It’s easy. You have a poor mindset.

We never had issues and you privately messaged me being super out of pocket and making demands. You were racist on the server and contributed to more and more problems. I just ignored you because you turned into a weirdo. Not sure who you were trying to impress. You were warned multiple times by staff for a variety of things and I specifically remember someone said you were close to a ban a couple months ago to which you responded with ‘ban me I’d just alt and never be caught.’

If you don’t anticipate playing until 2023 then my opinion is deny this ban request until 1/1/2023 and then be allowed to submit another unban request.
I don't think you read the forum at all, regarding your first paragraph. I was going to choose to ignore you, but you made some pretty heavy claims in your second paragraph.
I do not ever recall pm'ing you, let alone being "out of pocket" and "making demands", if you have any evidence of those two I'd genuinely love to see it, as my memory must be fading when it comes to that. The only instance I remember of us having a direct conversation was an instance where I was on my alt while KaptainLes was staffing, and you came to me and said it was super rude of me to be "on my alt" while "KaptainLes is struggling", which he had never reached out to me to indicate if he was struggling, which was completely uncalled for from you. I believe I actually ended up messaging him on discord to confirm the situation, and nothing ever arose out of it and there were no hostile results.  Also, the alt thing definitely must be someone else, as I never said some dumb shit like that. I was never really close to being banned prior to my "Racism" ban, which that even came out of the blue so I have no idea what you're talking about, I had only 4/5 warnings, most of which didn't align under the same thing or didn't warrant a ban either. Unless suddenly I have dementia, I have no idea where you got any of this from. I have no idea why you're also claiming that I was a racist on the server, as if it was a continued thing and not two poorly made jokes within days of my ban? Also, most people misread what I said, I most likely wouldn't be playing after 2023 anymore, if I were to be unbanned or reduced.
Also, as arrogant as it sounds, if I believed I wouldn't be caught I'd just do it again. I know the slip that I made, and it'd be completely possible to just avoid it again. However, this is not something I'm interested in doing, as I want to come back to the community as an honest member and be myself.

(04-11-2022, 04:15 PM)Jammin Wrote: I'm for a reduction to jan 2023 and if you wanna come back sooner than that then you can further appeal.
The honesty is appreciated especially considering what ya put us through
In response to this, the honesty is the best I can do. I can definitely see what I did and how it hurt the community and especially the staff team. There's not much I can do but own up to it and apologize for what I put people through.
Everything considered community ban is a no go chief. Your antics may be annoying but they are nothing worse than the average guest. I already have an answer in mind but I'd like to hear what you think.
What do you think an appropriate reduction would be that would personally help wean you off of gmod?
January 2023 sounds like enough time for you to be gone and reflect. +1.
+1 unban him when summer starts, seems like a reasonable compromise. perma banning alt evade doesnt seem so logical for me unless theyre cheaters or community banned, just extend the ban by duration of alt
Bumping for more potential feedback