Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happy Easter! A History ❤️
Happy Easter! Hopefully everyone is spending this special day with the people they love, as I'm doing with my family.

I thought I'd write a thread to share the history of Easter, and how it became the fun, egg-loving holiday it is today.

As many know, Easter is originally a Christian holiday, which celebrates the resurrection of Jesus Christ on the third day of His burial, following His crucifixion by the Romans (ouch!), as described in the New Testament. Many saw His resurrection as God reviving the faith of the people. This day is invariably linked to Passover (which also occurs on the same day as Easter today!), a Jewish celebration of the freeing of the Israelites from the bondage of the Egyptians. The name itself, Easter, is derived from Ēostre, a spring celebration of a West Germanic spring goddess of the same name--feasts would often be held in her honor! 

But how did Easter become the sweets-filled holiday we know it as today? A great question! As many know, the egg represents new life, or rebirth, just as Jesus was resurrected or rebirthed. Priests would, and still often do, bless eggs before giving them out, but what many aren't aware of is that this is actually descended from a pastime of Jesus Christ Himself. Jesus, originally known as Yeshua (or Joshua in English) had a big sweet tooth, and would often enjoy chocolates, candies, etc. while watching His favorite YouTube videos. He eventually stumbled on Filthy Frank (known in the bible as Ezekiel, a Hebrew prophet), and discovered the Harlem Shake. He went down a rabbit hole of Ezekiel's content, and eventually exhausted His supply of delicious treats and sweets. Many tried to provide substitutes for the sweets, most notably--Eggs! But as many Christians know: Jesus hated eggs. In protest, He stormed out of His hut, and would begin doing the Harlem Shake at the top of the nearest hill for all to see, which eventually led to the angering of the Romans, who crucified Him in response. We paint eggs as ornaments, and consume delicious treats in His honor, to emulate His journey, so don't forget to complete the journey by watching some Filthy Frank with your family, and doing the Harlem Shake in His honor!

Happy Easter everyone!

[Image: shake.gif]
holy moly dude time to delete the thread I was 5 mins away from finishing. happy Easter…. +rep
no bitches?
[gBan] Turner has banned NuKulz - Duration: Indefinitely! (Sir, I would like to thank you for giving me the right to have this ban reason 'Mass Goomba stomp')
[Image: Screen_Shot_2020-07-24_at_11.33.38_AM.jpg]