Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upgrades, people! Upgrades!
Ingame Name: BIIG_SAD | Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:154149659 | Time Played: 14111 min or about 235 hours

When First Joined: last year in the fall | Availability (Approx. times you play, and time zone): everyday until about 3 ish to 5 ish am EST.

Rank Desired: Tmod | Current Rank: Trusted

What can you do to help the community?: 
I can help the community by staffing at the later hours when many of the staff are unavailable because sleeping is a thing.  I am now trained in the arts of spotting ghosting and cheating, and understand the commands menu. Additionally, I understand how to utilize the relay to aid in these endeavors.
Why do you want to help the community?: 
This place is super awesome. Simply put, I want to keep this place up and running since my previous community kinda died off due to lack of people staying. As a trusted who plays with the late-o-clock crew, it is apparent to me that we need more staff coverage during the later hours. All of my recent pings excepting two of them fell to nobody, because no one was awake to be pinged.
Have you previously been banned? (Link relevant posts): 
git gud scrub - aki (joke)
go to sleep - chelllllllllllllllllman (also a joke ban)

Have you previously applied for staff? (Link relevant posts): 
approved!
d-d-d-denied!

Do you have a way to record video or take screenshots?
currently I record every map played using OBS. This includes other servers that I play on, including the TTT and murder.

How did you find us?: I found y'all a while back, and returned when I reinstalled gmod. Stayed since.

Other: 

lets address some concerns.
  • In terms of burning out, I do not feel burnt out. my absence for a bit was due to dying light two coming out and me trying to 100% it. Also some stuff came up in life and I had to take care of it. I am fully back now.
  • terse style. I will admit I am quicker to start telling people to stop micspamming/harassing, but this is in response to previous results where it went bad when I was slow to stop it. I am open on critiques and advice on how to better address it.
  • recent abuse threads as you can see their resolutions, you can see that they all have been filed as I was innocent. this is also the reason I record 100% of my gameplay in PH, divided by map. This is to ensure that I either make correct decisions, or can make ammends if I do something in error, such as issuing a false gag. I am just a human, and in certain times, making a mistake is just that. Human.
  • "biig sad spends all his time in TTT!"  while it is true that I play TTT, I will respond to a ping first if I see it. At least for now, PH is my primary priority in Dinks.
In general, I just want to make this place better. If I am promoted, I will have to learn some things about being a Tmod. If you don't think so, please tell me what I can do to make myself into a position where I am ready. 

I don't want this position for slapping power. I want this position so that at 4 or 5 am EST, when most of the team is asleep, we can continue to ensure a good time to the night crew, who deserve a fair game just like the day crew.
Incepimus, Nunc et semper.
This means that "we begin, now and forever", and translates as "always we begin again"
What this actually means is that we should always strive to better ourselves, because tomorrow is a new day.
I hope you take it to heart. Remember, an improvement, no matter how small, is improvement.

BIIG_SAD

Messages In This Thread
Upgrades, people! Upgrades! - by BIIG_SAD - 04-18-2022, 05:21 PM
RE: Upgrades, people! Upgrades! - by August - 04-18-2022, 05:36 PM
RE: Upgrades, people! Upgrades! - by Wrom - 04-18-2022, 06:27 PM
RE: Upgrades, people! Upgrades! - by Wilfry - 04-18-2022, 07:38 PM
RE: Upgrades, people! Upgrades! - by Salty - 04-19-2022, 06:26 AM
RE: Upgrades, people! Upgrades! - by BIIG_SAD - 04-19-2022, 10:56 PM
RE: Upgrades, people! Upgrades! - by BIIG_SAD - 04-21-2022, 12:43 AM
RE: Upgrades, people! Upgrades! - by BIIG_SAD - 04-21-2022, 10:17 PM
RE: Upgrades, people! Upgrades! - by Damien - 04-22-2022, 02:10 AM
RE: Upgrades, people! Upgrades! - by Salty - 04-24-2022, 07:02 AM