Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
would you rather have a chiled thats a weab or let him get cancer
(05-09-2017, 12:42 PM)Jerminator00 Wrote: Just going to say that although the misuse of the word has kind of made it meaningless at this point, or made to apply to such a broad and large group of people, basically anyone who has ever watched and enjoyed any anime at any point in time, being a true 'weab' is not a good thing. It was originally used to describe a Japanophile who was native to anywhere other than Japan, someone who obsessed over everything pertaining to Japanese culture claiming it to be the superior culture over any and all others, but mostly better than their own culture/the culture of their peers and relatives. In many cases, this was a very unhealthy obsession that borderline fetishizes the Japanese culture and makes Japan some kind of promised land for the individual that it in reality is nothing like.

You can enjoy anime. That's fine. Just don't let that enjoyment of that particular type of entertainment be your sole defining personality trait.

You mean like vaping, or gym life, or jeep life, or vw life, or harry potter,or like really most people do with any (serious) hobby? I'm confused. 

Also mate, i'm american. There are A LOT of cultures I find better than my own. Japan; maybe not better but god damn it's more beautiful than fried food and fat people shopping at walmart.
                                                                                                TTT - Test Mod
                                                                                  PH - Just a guy who nukes rooms
And there's more to american culture than fast food and capitalism, just as there's more to japanese culture than caligraphy and bonsai trees. Point being, there's good and bad, beauty and hideousness in every culture. After all, look at the high suicide rates in Japan. Cherry picking the bad of American to compare to the good of others doesn't make other cultures better. That said, I'm not claiming american culture better than others either, each culture has its own merit and reason for being in the first place.

Also, are you trying to say that those people that make one hobby they take seriously to be their sole defining personality trait aren't insufferable as well? We get it, you like (insert hobby here), now shut up about it.
I'm saying we're all allowed to have opinions and shouldn't be damned just for having them. In my opinion Japanese culture is a beautiful thing with honor and convictions most cultures lack this current day. As another opinion; I love fucking anime. Nothing to do with Japan. Those are two separate opinions. As far as a defining trait? Fuck yeah my friends will be like "His favorite thing? Probably anime.". Why? Because it's something I love. Shit I staff anime conventions to share that love and meet the creators of something that's been a part of my life for over a decade.

But again the point here is; stop hating shit just because it's popular to hate it. We get it bro; you meme.
If you have a legit reason to hate weebs (otakus, more appropriately.), by all means.
But "they post anime music" sure as hell isn't one. Shit I don't even want to hear that argument when RAM RANCH is a regular queue lmfao.
"They like anime and I don't" sure as fuck isn't a valid reasoning either.
You probably like you, I don't like you, let's ostracize you! Seems fair AF right?
                                                                                                TTT - Test Mod
                                                                                  PH - Just a guy who nukes rooms
I rather get an abortion.
[Image: wiiu-destruction.gif][Image: wiiu-destruction.gif]
I apologize if I came across as abrasive or condescending in either of my previous posts, but this conversation seems like it's getting a little hostile, which was not my intention in the slightest. First off, I want to start out that I wasn't referring to anyone in particular with any of my descriptions so far, merely that there are people out there that do take things to such an extreme level of obsession, to the degree with which it becomes unhealthy and that that is not a thing that one should be proud of. Feel free to like things though.

I fear you may have made some assumptions about me, unless I'm just reading things wrongly here. I myself like anime. Hell, until about last year I was completely up to date on the one piece anime until I stopped trusting the site I was using to watch it. I have no problem with someone liking anime, and I have no problem with people discussing anime. Just so long as it's not a conversation that takes over the medium for discussion disallowing anyone else to speak about anything else. Not saying this is something that has or has not happened before, it's just a possibility if two or more people enthusiastic enough about any topic can create.

And I know I didn't bring up anything about the music queues, but personally I don't care for any of the meme queues, anime or otherwise. Nothing will make someone uninterested in a thing hate it more than repetition. You do you, just don't push you onto others.
If my kids a weeb he basically already has cancer so
(05-09-2017, 12:42 PM)Jerminator00 Wrote: Just going to say that although the misuse of the word has kind of made it meaningless at this point, or made to apply to such a broad and large group of people, basically anyone who has ever watched and enjoyed any anime at any point in time, being a true 'weab' is not a good thing. It was originally used to describe a Japanophile who was native to anywhere other than Japan, someone who obsessed over everything pertaining to Japanese culture claiming it to be the superior culture over any and all others, but mostly better than their own culture/the culture of their peers and relatives. In many cases, this was a very unhealthy obsession that borderline fetishizes the Japanese culture and makes Japan some kind of promised land for the individual that it in reality is nothing like.

You can enjoy anime. That's fine. Just don't let that enjoyment of that particular type of entertainment be your sole defining personality trait.

[Image: 200w.webp#31-grid1]