Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WOOOOOOOOOOOO
(05-28-2022, 12:38 PM)HONG Wrote:
(05-28-2022, 11:10 AM)bryanbrr Wrote: While I do understand that what shaye did falls under the second rule in discord. It’s clear that the rule wasn’t upheld against other community members who made similar jokes. Some even being staff members. I think some leniency should be put on this ban as other members were not warned/striken for the same thing.

+1
discord in a nutshell

the word “suicide” and mentions of it shouldn’t even be insta strikes, enforce things like “kill yourself,” people making unironic comments about it, etc., otherwise you can literally stick the word in the bot filter rather than have a bunch of selective staffing again. 

+1 another shitty ban

To be specific, she's received a warn before for joking about suicide which is why it was escalated to a strike. Although the warn was in March of this year it's still in effect. The accumulation of strikes threw an insta ban on due to Auttaja (I'm simply explaining why what happened, happened.)
[Image: wattson-apex-legends.gif]
[Image: 6jCIuUl.gif]
The whole reason the rule was originally made was to be in line with discord TOS since our server is large enough for it to be a concern. I think the issue is more consistent reinforcement and I think the bot suggestion is the more effective alternative instead of "context" because that just opens up the room for more staff interpretation which seems to be the big point people are against with this unban.

Indifferent to the ban, if you said the same thing on TTT I'd just ignore you and move on so +1 for unban/reduction/whatever they find fit.
(05-28-2022, 06:41 PM)Ryzif Wrote: To be specific, she's received a warn before for joking about suicide which is why it was escalated to a strike. Although the warn was in March of this year it's still in effect. The accumulation of strikes threw an insta ban on due to Auttaja

I get what you're saying sir, but that is a little bit ridiculous with this situation. 2 months is too much space in between to jump immediately to a strike in this context. Now, if Shaye were harassing someone in the discord 2 months ago, got warned for it, and then did it again recently, a strike would be the correct approach. 

I understand that it is against the TOS of Discord to make self-harm jokes, but this should have been handled with another warn before a strike was administered.  

This is of course my humble opinion; you can disagree with me if you like.

I believe that Shaye should either have a reduction or be unbanned for this. 

+1.
i didn’t even know suicide jokes were banned until recently. I myself, have said things like “I’m on suicide watch” and never received a warning.

Tbh it does seem like Shaye gets targeted a little more than most people when it comes to receiving punishments.
[Image: xdjlve.png]
Isn't there a pattern of history here? I don't exactly have access to it, but I feel like I see a regular revolving door of "strikes that should be warns" when it comes to Shaye. Usually if there is a consistent pattern of problems, a warn doesn't exactly work anymore.

As for my personal opinion on this, as someone who's dealt with suicidal thoughts in the past (I'm good now don't worry,) and someone who lost one of my best friends to suicide and misses her every day for the last 6 years, I can understand the thinking behind the comment and I understand it was meant as a joke, but it was in poor taste. It's definitely not something I would laugh at. However, in my opinion that joke doesn't deserve a harsh punishment on its own. All depends on what that history is.
[Image: ErQ4M8K.jpg] 
(05-28-2022, 06:50 PM)Salty Wrote: I understand that it is against the TOS of Discord to make self-harm jokes, but this should have been handled with another warn before a strike was administered.  
The funny thing is that it was being handled through text by Titan17, but it was decided that it was "best" to give her a strike for this. It's a very, very petty strike.
yeah i feel like there's been too many instances where jokes like that or borderline like that have been allowed to slip, kinda weird to pick out this one and punish it with a strike. +1 unban
Suicide jokes are bad, the fact that only Shaye seems to have gotten punished despite others doing it is bad (this is basing on what others have said/shown above). Stop making edgy jokes and start punishing people fairly who make edgy jokes in the future. We understand that you have to follow discord tos or risk us all being yeeted but make sure it gets applied to everyone. Probably would be best to unban her and she doesn't continue with them in the future in the Dinkleberg discord.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army
I'm going to encourage everyone to stay on subject. We have a feedback survey available if you wish to discuss your unrelated concerns here. As I announced last week, the rules and punishments are getting redone, and the feedback here is not going unnoticed.
In the meantime, if you want to help fix the issue of "selective staffing" (aka comments not being seen by staff), you can apply for staff here, or report others breaking the rules here. Believe it or not, when you have 6 people staffing a server of 5500, things are often missed.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
Everytime I post a ban appeal like this, some bullshit happens. can MY BAN APPEAL get a response?????