Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LemonTiara
(05-30-2022, 05:56 PM)Damien Wrote: @.cee he didn't see him shoot.
Open your eyes at 10 seconds.
(05-30-2022, 05:59 PM).cee Wrote:
Open your eyes at 10 seconds.
reread my reply.
(05-30-2022, 05:52 PM)lol bro Wrote: I actually was pretty tame (but clearly annoyed) when I was talking to you. The only things I said were (as you screenshotted) things like "lol ok", "take that slay off", those don't seem like aggressive or accusatory statements. I don't really care what other reports you were dealing with - that isn't my problem. I told you over the course of a round and posted the streamable in chat and you ignored it, that's pretty much all that ended up happening?

I am explaining that I didn't ignore you. I didn't handle the report until I died so I wasn't paying attention. I was checking something for someone else (while alive from a previous round so I wasn't checking chat) and THEN when I did die I handled the report. I didn't go back in chat or found out about what you had sent until this. And like I said, I did want a second opinion and there was no one to give it and the slay went through though I tried for it not to.
I believe that what stoked reported is valid; I've not really paid attention enough to be able to determine the merit of bias in her slaying, but something I will say is that Kneegee makes an excellent point that sometimes it seems that Lemon will add a slay before letting the defendant... well, defend themselves. 

I don't think any strike should be administered for this, but I just think that it is important that with handling reports, you try to see it from everyone's perspective, not just what you see on Death cam. and if you're unsure, ask for help! There is no shame in getting another set of eyes on a report if you aren't sure yourself.  *EDIT* (It seemed that you didn't have anyone to give secondary input on, my mistake.)

This seemed like a slay that should not have happened; based off what I watched, I would have processed the situation the same way as how stoked did and would've killed Penny, or at the very least sus'ed him out.

There's my two cents. Take it as you will, folks.
Sounds like a miscommunication/accident. Mild fuck up, not a huge deal. Be a little bit more careful.

eh, he kind of sees him shoot. but this has been blown way out of proportion.

Just for clarification, I definitely saw & heard him shoot both times. The thing about Winchester is that it doesn't have a muzzle flash when it shoots, so it's harder to tell initially - but I confirmed it with the second shot.
This is not nearly as bad as a staff member kicking a well known donor for kicking a hacker. If that could've "been handled in dms" this could've been handled in game.
(05-30-2022, 06:05 PM)Salty Wrote: I believe that what stoked reported is valid; I've not really paid attention enough to be able to determine the merit of bias in her slaying, but something I will say is that Kneegee makes an excellent point that sometimes it seems that Lemon will add a slay before letting the defendant... well, defend themselves. 

Salty, he had been PREVIOUSLY reported and forgiven (until fx checked the deathscene again and asked me to unforgive. I had checked the original report.
(05-30-2022, 06:07 PM)Damien Wrote: This is not nearly as bad as a staff member kicking a well known donor for kicking a hacker. If that could've "been handled in dms" this could've been handled in game.

I'm more than happy to let things go (I very rarely keep full reports on people & accept that RDM occurs). The problem is when you don't get given an avenue to adequately explain or defend yourself, should you let it go? That's why I posted it on the forums.
Cringe opinion inbound

Was the slay wrong? Possibly, yes. Penny shot at the pillar but from Stoked's perspective it was justifiable IMO as sniping. I would not have slayed in the situation. Argument could be made that a slay was proper too. Tough call here, nobody wins here except, well, whoever the hell won.

Was Lemon being biased/unfair in staffing? No, I think Lemon made an honest mistake. I'd be more concerned if she didn't try to take back the slay, but two things here thar stand out to me:
1. Stoked didn't make a clear and concise request to have the slay reconsidered (should be in admin chat and clearly protesting, "lol" isn't a clear request in my opinion).
2. Lemon DID attempt to temporarily remove the slay but failed to do so. Swapped the name and number on the command. Not an intentional mistake. I think her intention was to remove the slay to review the videos but messed up the removal.

I think it is always wise to add slays at the beginning of new rounds so proper protests can be filed, and a more thorough review can be made. Filing a slay with 30 or so seconds doesn't always offer that time.
Also if there is a weird situation such as this, it is generally best to err on the side of not slaying (innocent until proven guilty/etc.)

I'm only up to Stoked's main comment and penny/lemon's replies, so I'll edit as I get farther along in the thread.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks