2nd attempt
Ingame Name: Garro

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:90012891

Time Played: 1.669

When First Joined: Jun 29, 2019

Availability (Approx. times you play, and time zone): Mon-Sun 18-12

Rank Desired: Trusted. 

Current Rank: Regular.

What can you do to help the community?: I'm going to say the same thing as before.My time zone allows me to witness madness, madness that staff can't prevent, bc non of you are on.Donors either afraid to intervene or encourage this behavior.Why is there so MUCH hate towards children recently, more then usual?Stuff that i can't even write.

Why do you want to help the community?: My motivation didn't changed.

Have you previously been banned? (Link relevant posts): Yes.I don't have a link

Have you previously applied for staff? (Link relevant posts): Yes. https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/sho...?tid=14708

Do you have a way to record video or take screenshots? OBS.

How did you find us?: Random choice.

Other: So 2 ppl think that i made this app with anger and accusing staff that you guys not on 24/7 lol. Again i was misunderstood. I don't,trust me,I really don't.I meant the time zone.
[Image: ?imw=512&imh=233&ima=fit&imp...erbox=true]
Hi Garro, thanks for reapplying.

This is very bare bones. It also reads super not nice, i get that people say fucked up stuff and it sucks but that isnt a reason to hate on donors or staff. Donors are not required to do anything if they dont want to. And staff have lives and cant be one. I have also not seen any pings from you recently about these issues or had evidence sent in or ban request.

I really think you should put more care into this app and really think if you can keep your anger in check because if you cant then staffing will not work out.

Reevaluate, think, and dont lose hope.
[Image: drunk-possum.jpg]
MEEP.
STOP FUCKING PUSHING ME.

Look. I've known garro for years.

Garro is a great player, and by that I mean time wise.

Over the years of knowing Garro they bounce between being sweet as pie to aggressive and dismissive. Basically his way or no way. I honestly do not think Garro would be able to handle staff. I truly believe Garro wouldn't mesh well with the team nor the players in a place of staff. I've seen Garro go from 0-100 in seconds over being told he is wrong, or quite literally nothing at all.

I've had far too many poor experiences with Garro to not give this a hard -1.

I'm sorry dude but your burnt bridges and burnt them with a gallon of gasoline. Wish you luck.

Quick edit: please see my response from his previous app, nothing has changed in my feelings and everything I said I still stand by 100%
Go away
Garro if I may, I would like to ask a couple of questions as someone who DOESNT know you as well before picking a side, be that voting in favor, or against you.

1. what IS your motivation? you said "same as last time". What does this mean? (I understand that it is in your last app, I want to hear again from you)
  2. Recently, when playing with you, you have not said much, if anything at all. Obviously, this does not allow me to get a good read on your temper, which is i guess a good thing and a bad thing. if you were given the power, would you be able to use it correctly and reasonably? could you avoid jumping guns and moving too fast? let me hear your take.
  3. if you see or hear evil, why dont you at least do the perfunctory call for help? calling for help, even when seemingly pointless could turn results. I usually am awake out to 5-6 am EST. I have almost never ever seen a ping out from you. perhaps our times do not align, but I have not seen pings.
  4. If I may, why do you turn to blame the staff team for things we cannot control? we are humans, of flesh and blood. we are not robots. we cannot get on if we are resting or taking care of ourselves. If you sent a ping and I was awake, I would come for you if I could and when I see it. But even me, notorious for not sleeping, has to sleep at some point. I am not blaming you or attacking you, I just want to hear your side of the story. Why wouldn't you ping?
  5. previous behaviors. some behaviors of yours referenced by Misspauling are a bit disturbing to me. Can you elaborate how you have changed since?
Until these are addressed, I will consider these "negative talking points".

Now for some positives.

Garro, you have one of the deepest knowledges of prophunt and of our PH server. 
In terms of hunting, you know pretty much everything there is to know about being a good hunter, and can almost certainly see those who would seek to cheat the game.

Until my questions are answered, I will stay neutral.  I do appreciate that you are applying. It is super terrifying (at least to me), as you have to put yourself out there, dirty laundry and all. but again, seeing what Misspauling said, I wouldnt be comfortable with anything more than neutral without getting answers and re-evaluating.

Edit 05/31/22 4:35 EST tentative +1. Godspeed Garro.
Incepimus, Nunc et semper.
This means that "we begin, now and forever", and translates as "always we begin again"
What this actually means is that we should always strive to better ourselves, because tomorrow is a new day.
I hope you take it to heart. Remember, an improvement, no matter how small, is improvement.

BIIG_SAD
(05-31-2022, 02:47 AM)BIIG_SAD Wrote: Garro if I may, I would like to ask a couple of questions as someone who DOESNT know you as well before picking a side, be that voting in favor, or against you.

1. what IS your motivation? you said "same as last time". What does this mean? (I understand that it is in your last app, I want to hear again from you)
  2. Recently, when playing with you, you have not said much, if anything at all. Obviously, this does not allow me to get a good read on your temper, which is i guess a good thing and a bad thing. if you were given the power, would you be able to use it correctly and reasonably? could you avoid jumping guns and moving too fast? let me hear your take.
  3. if you see or hear evil, why dont you at least do the perfunctory call for help? calling for help, even when seemingly pointless could turn results. I usually am awake out to 5-6 am EST. I have almost never ever seen a ping out from you. perhaps our times do not align, but I have not seen pings.
  4. If I may, why do you turn to blame the staff team for things we cannot control? we are humans, of flesh and blood. we are not robots. we cannot get on if we are resting or taking care of ourselves. If you sent a ping and I was awake, I would come for you if I could and when I see it. But even me, notorious for not sleeping, has to sleep at some point. I am not blaming you or attacking you, I just want to hear your side of the story. Why wouldn't you ping?
  5. previous behaviors. some behaviors of yours referenced by Misspauling are a bit disturbing to me. Can you elaborate how you have changed since?
Until these are addressed, I will consider these "negative talking points".

Now for some positives.

Garro, you have one of the deepest knowledges of prophunt and of our PH server. 
In terms of hunting, you know pretty much everything there is to know about being a good hunter, and can almost certainly see those who would seek to cheat the game.

Until my questions are answered, I will stay neutral.  I do appreciate that you are applying. It is super terrifying (at least to me), as you have to put yourself out there, dirty laundry and all. but again, seeing what Misspauling said, I wouldnt be comfortable with anything more than neutral without getting answers and re-evaluating.

Hi Sad thanks for commenting.

1. I meant that i spent alot of time on this server, and want to help keep it in order.
2.I'm not a very social person it's true, it's bc of my childhood that i spent away from "civilisation".Of course i'm not going to abuse rank or bring punishment without warnings.Only cold head and rules.
3.Usually i pings staff alot, and there were ppl who said that i pinged too much in 1 hour.I left discord and PH to take a break that's why i stopped,I started playing like 2 weeks ago and i asked Mork or murel to ping staff if i noticed ghosters or hackers, and just muted toxic players or spammers. I didn't planned  to apply again, but couldn't ignore recent events. So i joined discord again and here i am.
4.I don't blame staff. You misunderstood me.I meant time zone.But there is donors who mic spamming when staff is not on,and excuse "I'm drunk" does not absolve from consequences.Again didn't ping bc i wasn't on discord and didn't planned to return.
5.I took another big break.For more than one reason.And since i joined i usually not even talk to ppl.Only to help or warn.But if you or someone else thinks i'm lying to you,or myself which is sadder actually, if there is ppl who i offended in these 2 weeks they can talk and we will discuss it, and if i really so blind and didn't noticed it then i will delete this app myself.It's so simple.

(05-30-2022, 10:21 PM)unfortunatepossum Wrote: Hi Garro, thanks for reapplying.

This is very bare bones. It also reads super not nice, i get that people say fucked up stuff and it sucks but that isnt a reason to hate on donors or staff. Donors are not required to do anything if they dont want to. And staff have lives and cant be one. I have also not seen any pings from you recently about these issues or had evidence sent in or ban request.

I really think you should put more care into this app and really think if you can keep your anger in check because if you cant then staffing will not work out.

Reevaluate, think, and dont lose hope.

Hi Possum. Thanks for the response.

You know my past,you know where i grew up.
I tried to pretend and be normal person, it didn't worked out.
So this app may feel empty. But i decided to make it plain and simple, with 0 emotions, good or bad.
But i failed again and my words were misinterpreted again .
I don't accuse anyone.All i'm saying that donors as ppl who could intervene and stop that mess didn't do it.And sadly we do have donors who loves mic spamming and encourage others to do it, when staff is not on.
And by saying that none of you are on, i meant that you guys were off, bc of the time. For me day for you deep night.
Again no hatred to staff or donors.Only pure and cold facts
I've know Garro for several years now and I think at this point what he really needs is just some training. 

He has basics down but by joining the staff team he could get polished up a bit better with someone to help guide him.

So I propose he be accepted and someone (or multiple people) help him to become a good to great staff member.  

It is more rare to find a candidate or applicant that is practically perfect in every way. 

Garro, if accepted listen to your peers/team members for guidance and don't be afraid to ask for help. 

Best of luck to you
Let's just break this down into pros and cons.  That seems like the simplest way to digest all of this:

Pros:
1. You're relatively active on the server.  You don't necessarily interact with the other players very much, but people know who you are.  The time difference is definitely a plus since most of our staff are in NA timezones.
2. You are very quick to notice things on the server, and you immediately let staff know through admin chat if you think someone is hacking/ghosting.  I am not worried that you'll make a mistake handling hackers/ghosters.  Your past ban requests are good as well.
3. You do contact staff when there are issues.  To address what @unfortunatepossum said, you haven't done many pings in the discord for staff.  However, you have often contacted me directly about issues.  I just did a quick count: since last January you messaged me 8 times about groups of players on the server causing issues, and most of the time I was able to get online to deal with it.  You have also messaged me via steam messenger, but steam clears those every so often so I can't get a count for that.  I will say that it's probably more efficient to use the staff ping in the discord.

Cons/Concerns/Questions:
1. Handling trolls.  You live very close to/in a war zone and it's clear from your PFP which side you support.  When you are a normal player on the server, nobody is going to care/pay attention.  However, as staff, you will find yourself under a microscope from every troll on the server, and I guarantee someone is going to start poking you about the current situation in Ukraine.  Are you absolutely sure you're going to be able to handle the trolls? We have protocols we have to follow and knee-jerk reactions aren't helpful.
2. You absolutely will have to rejoin the dinks discord if you want to be staff.  You'll need to be able to see the pings from players and we don't expect players to contact staff directly with issues (unless both staff and the player are on the PH server together). EDIT: If you aren't actually able to use discord due to geopolitical circumstances, ignore this.
3. Are you open to being trained? What MissPauling said concerns me about how in the past you might have not liked being told you're wrong.  Ryzif, Possum, and I are unofficially filling the roles of staff trainers.  Once you become staff, you realize that some things are not so black/white and a certain amount of discretion is required.  There will be some things you'll have to defer to us about.

I await your response, the emperor protects (40K reference for those who don't know).
(05-31-2022, 08:34 AM)TheTriangle Wrote: I've know Garro for several years now and I think at this point what he really needs is just some training. 

He has basics down but by joining the staff team he could get polished up a bit better with someone to help guide him.

So I propose he be accepted and someone (or multiple people) help him to become a good to great staff member.  

It is more rare to find a candidate or applicant that is practically perfect in every way. 

Garro, if accepted listen to your peers/team members for guidance and don't be afraid to ask for help. 

Best of luck to you

Hi Voss and thanks for the kind response.

Of course i will listen, help is more than welcome.

(05-31-2022, 08:38 AM)chelllman Wrote: Let's just break this down into pros and cons.  That seems like the simplest way to digest all of this:

Pros:
1. You're relatively active on the server.  You don't necessarily interact with the other players very much, but people know who you are.  The time difference is definitely a plus since most of our staff are in NA timezones.
2. You are very quick to notice things on the server, and you immediately let staff know through admin chat if you think someone is hacking/ghosting.  I am not worried that you'll make a mistake handling hackers/ghosters.  Your past ban requests are good as well.
3. You do contact staff when there are issues.  To address what @unfortunatepossum said, you haven't done many pings in the discord for staff.  However, you have often contacted me directly about issues.  I just did a quick count: since last January you messaged me 8 times about groups of players on the server causing issues, and most of the time I was able to get online to deal with it.  You have also messaged me via steam messenger, but steam clears those every so often so I can't get a count for that.  I will say that it's probably more efficient to use the staff ping in the discord.

Cons/Concerns/Questions:
1. Handling trolls.  You live very close to/in a war zone and it's clear from your PFP which side you support.  When you are a normal player on the server, nobody is going to care/pay attention.  However, as staff, you will find yourself under a microscope from every troll on the server, and I guarantee someone is going to start poking you about the current situation in Ukraine.  Are you absolutely sure you're going to be able to handle the trolls? We have protocols we have to follow and knee-jerk reactions aren't helpful.
2. You absolutely will have to rejoin the dinks discord if you want to be staff.  You'll need to be able to see the pings from players and we don't expect players to contact staff directly with issues (unless both staff and the player are on the PH server together). EDIT: If you aren't actually able to use discord due to geopolitical circumstances, ignore this.
3. Are you open to being trained? What MissPauling said concerns me about how in the past you might have not liked being told you're wrong.  Ryzif, Possum, and I are unofficially filling the roles of staff trainers.  Once you become staff, you realize that some things are not so black/white and a certain amount of discretion is required.  There will be some things you'll have to defer to us about.

I await your response, the emperor protects (40K reference for those who don't know).

Hi Chell.Thanks for commenting.

1.I get this every day without rank.Death threats,insults etc .Not going to lie, it was annoying at first,but i visited my abbot and his speech helped me to realize how insignificant their impotent rage is.They can spit their venom all they want, i don't care.This includes other trolls.No personal vendetta,only rules of this server.
2.I rejoined discord.So no problem with that.
3.Sounds like i'm a pet.Jk.Of course i'm not going to argue with other staff, who knows more than i am.Help is welcome.

The Emperor protects.But having a loaded bolter never hurts either.;)
This time around Garro has shown to be more calm and collected from how the previous app went.  Garro knows the rules and has made good ban requests since he can spot hackers/ghosters really quick.  And with the current responses to the other votes I can say that I feel comfortable with having Garro as part of staff team

+1
[Image: unknown.png]
I was one of those who brought up the concern about how "Toxic" Garro was. I do believe his attitude changed a lot past months. Learned how to control his temper etc. He pings staff in discord when needed. Also has a good amount of ban requests.

At this point, he needs just some training. I'm not voting due to my inactivity on ph.

Best luck to you