Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
i love that my name still comes up as cumphobe
(06-03-2022, 09:36 PM)August Wrote:
(06-03-2022, 09:13 PM)(j)ax Wrote: It's always been so cringe to me to ask for people to "change". What does that even mean? You're asking people to fundamentally change their dispositions for a 15 year old video game? The demand for repentance has always been something that I think should be unnecessary during the unappealing process.

"Change" is intended to mean "Are you the same type of person you were when we had to ban you?" We're basically making sure that the person that the person they were at the time is not who they are now in front of us. Now it's not the easiest question to answer, I get that, but yes people can very much change. If you look at me for example, I am a VERY different person than I was say 5 years ago. My life, disposition, way of thinking, etc have all changed. As you go through life, you will change. Anyone who has grown up from a toddler to an adult has changed. You don't still say "goo goo ga ga" and poop in your pants, right? That means you have, at one point, changed. As long as the person who is ASKING us to be unbanned has shown growth, has shown they can change and that we can trust them that they won't do what they did again, then that shows us they have indeed changed. You may think it's silly, but do we want one of our members to be called a pedophile and have rumors thrown around them for no good reason? No we don't, so continue to expect this question.

Naturally changing over time is not what I am talking about. I am specifically speaking to the "You need to change" replies which is why I said "asking people to 'change'". I guess the nuance I am trying to explain is there is a difference between "Hey if you do X and Y again, you will be banned" vs "Do you think you changed as a person as for this problem to not arise again"

If I got banned and was asked "Are you going change your disposition and stop trolling?" The answer would be a hard "no." I'm not going to fundamentally change my personality to get unbanned. However, if posed with the question "If you keep trolling and are caught, you will be banned." I'll acknowledge that. Both ultimately achieve the same outcome, but there is a nuance there.
[Image: xdjlve.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: i love that my name still comes up as cumphobe - by Salty - 06-03-2022, 06:28 AM
RE: i love that my name still comes up as cumphobe - by Salty - 06-03-2022, 06:35 PM
RE: i love that my name still comes up as cumphobe - by (j)ax - 06-03-2022, 09:43 PM
RE: i love that my name still comes up as cumphobe - by Salty - 06-06-2022, 06:32 AM