Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DISCORD STAFF APP
(06-04-2022, 12:01 AM)Norm Minder Wrote: He didn't get banned over "Hani ping."" Trolling/Flaming/Disrespect/Harassment/Enticing Drama," your current instance is a ban. Get over it.

Anywayyys, +1 for unban. It has been a super long time.

lol no, he quite literally got banned for a ping. You can pull any mental gymnastics you want but it doesn’t change the circumstances regarding the ban. It can be labeled anything it wants, but that strike was given because he pinged Hani. That strike resulted in the ban. 

“Get over it”
lol ok

————- 

I’m gonna rewrite some of this. I understand the desire to want to justify actions as a staff member. Often times it’s necessary - especially when people are constantly challenging your decisions. It’s natural and part of the ‘job’. However, sometimes there are times where staff just straight up make a wrong or incorrect decision. This is one of those times. You’re coming off extremely condescending, and honestly it’s really not a good look when an Admin can’t even recognize when a staffing mistake occurred.

When people make unban requests, the admins/mod team require that the person take responsibility for their actions and at a minimum, acknowledge their mistake. I have seen in many cases appeals have the following:

“Hey, I RDMed him because he was doing X, Y or Z.”

With the mod team replying

“It doesn’t matter that he was doing X, Y, or Z, you still made a mistake and broke the rules.”

Why aren’t staff held to the same standard? If you look through every admin/mod abuse thread, literally every single one ends with the mod/admin getting the benefit of the doubt / using circumstantial context to justify their actions. It’s the reverse of what normal users are held to. 

Norm’s reply highlights this extremely well. Instead of “Hey, it was an unnecessary ban +1” or “Yeah we’re limited by how our bot works” etc its “Here’s a list of reasons why you deserved to be banned. Get over it.” Not becoming of an admin, and frankly arrogant. Normal users are expected to take responsibility, why aren’t staff?

The fact of the matter is this boils down to three problems: 1.) As GCubed said the current bot we use is not very effective. 2.) The strike he received that resulted in the ban was totally unjustified 3.) He was forced to make an appeal, despite the ban being ridiculous in the first place. lil bro never even got a chance to defend himself at the time of the strike.

Jammin’s done a good job as Discord Admin, and I hope Les can continue that but this highlights a problem that I think needs to be looked at with our warning system on discord.
[Image: xdjlve.png]

Messages In This Thread
DISCORD STAFF APP - by GCubed - 06-03-2022, 11:19 PM
RE: DISCORD STAFF APP - by misstie6731 - 06-03-2022, 11:22 PM
RE: DISCORD STAFF APP - by voidzz - 06-03-2022, 11:29 PM
RE: DISCORD STAFF APP - by (j)ax - 06-03-2022, 11:47 PM
RE: DISCORD STAFF APP - by real (4) - 06-04-2022, 12:01 AM
RE: DISCORD STAFF APP - by (j)ax - 06-04-2022, 12:04 AM
RE: DISCORD STAFF APP - by grasse - 06-04-2022, 12:01 AM
RE: DISCORD STAFF APP - by Salty - 06-04-2022, 06:51 AM
RE: DISCORD STAFF APP - by YourMateMurph - 06-04-2022, 11:20 AM
RE: DISCORD STAFF APP - by lol bro - 06-04-2022, 11:29 AM