Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here goes nothin.
Ingame Name: Carson

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:526645317

Time Played: From when this was written, 275 Hours.

When First Joined: Not sure, but it think it was during 2022, in the earlier months(?)

Availability: I can be on between 4:40PM to 10PM EDT usually on weekdays, and I can be on between 10 AM to 10 PM EDT on weekends.

Rank Desired: Trusted

Current Rank: Regular

What can you do to help the community?: Well to start, I play here practically every day very often, and I always come across someone mic spamming or being a dick. I ping staff very frequently, and a lot of times they can't get on due to irl reasons. When staff can't get on, it can get very chaotic with people mic spamming, trolling, saying slurs, etc. Since I'm rarely busy, I can get on quickly if I'm not on already and end the problem quickly. I also made it a habit to record every game, and have caught quite a few people ghosting, though I have to delete the footage a lot cause it takes up to much space. I'm also quite calm, and don't lose my temper much, so I will never lash out against someone and do something biased.

Why do you want to help the community?: Well, I love this community, and most of the people in it. I have made lots of friends here, and have had a bunch of fun. But there have been multiple times when that fun is ruined by others who find it fun to ruin other peoples fun (that's a lot of fun). I have seen multiple people leave because it was just to loud because of mic spam, and I just want to make this a fun and safe place for everyone to hang out.

Have you previously been banned?: Nope

Have you previously applied for staff?: Not once

Do you have a way to record videos and take screenshots?: GeForce Experience

How did you find us?: I was searching for prop hunt servers, and Dinklebergs was the most populated, so I joined and I stuck around cause everyone was so chill.

Other: I don't have previous staff experience, so I would like a bit of help from other staff if possible. I also don't use my mic as I don't like to, and I don't even know if it works at this point.
[Image: image.png]
I definitely do think you're capable of being staff. Although you have little amount of ban request, but that doesn't inherently matter too much. Other than that, you're pretty helpful on the server and active. You don't as heated when trolls or some problematic people are on.
As for the mic, that's understandable. It's optional to use it. Previous and current staff prefer using chat over mic. As long you're a fast typer and be able to give out warnings as quickly as possible, then I don't see a problem.
Ayo Carson. I definitely can say I expected this app. Let's get started. 

As far as knowing the rules and generally understanding when to step in I think you have a good grasp of that. You've fairly helpful to staff every time I'm on with either pointing out ghosters, hackers or illegal spots even. I've never really had a problem from you, you're fairly active in the Discord and have a few ban requests. I think you should look on what evidence we need to get ghosters banned but that isn't too bad. Just takes time doing it mainly to get the hang of it. 

The only thing I feel like I should say is, if you do become staff, I'm wondering if you'd be willing to enforce rules on your friends? You have a decent amount of friends on server and if they happen to cause issues, use illegal spots, just break rules in general. Would you be able to act on them? Part of being staff of course means being unbiased towards everyone in the lobby. You have to be fair to everyone so if your friend and someone are arguing and creating issues in the lobby, you'd need to act on them. 

I'd prefer an answer before voting.
[Image: wattson-apex-legends.gif]
[Image: 6jCIuUl.gif]
Carson! my dude!

it is time! finally. 

[Image: unknown.png]

All jokes aside, as long as your answer to Ryzif is reasonable/not unreasonable, I do not see why voting +1 would be so bad. Besides, as someone who plays with you, you are a pretty chill person, plus you can spot ghosting, and can most likely be trained to be better at it to.

In terms of name being out there and all, Carson has it. Obviously, no mic, but that is OK. Not everyone opts for a mic.

[Image: giphy.gif]

+1, good luck, buddy!
Incepimus, Nunc et semper.
This means that "we begin, now and forever", and translates as "always we begin again"
What this actually means is that we should always strive to better ourselves, because tomorrow is a new day.
I hope you take it to heart. Remember, an improvement, no matter how small, is improvement.

BIIG_SAD
Played with the guy yesterday, super friendly and helpful

+1
Retired gay boy
Yes I still play!!
(06-08-2022, 02:14 AM)Ryzif Wrote: Ayo Carson. I definitely can say I expected this app. Let's get started. 

As far as knowing the rules and generally understanding when to step in I think you have a good grasp of that. You've fairly helpful to staff every time I'm on with either pointing out ghosters, hackers or illegal spots even. I've never really had a problem from you, you're fairly active in the Discord and have a few ban requests. I think you should look on what evidence we need to get ghosters banned but that isn't too bad. Just takes time doing it mainly to get the hang of it. 

The only thing I feel like I should say is, if you do become staff, I'm wondering if you'd be willing to enforce rules on your friends? You have a decent amount of friends on server and if they happen to cause issues, use illegal spots, just break rules in general. Would you be able to act on them? Part of being staff of course means being unbiased towards everyone in the lobby. You have to be fair to everyone so if your friend and someone are arguing and creating issues in the lobby, you'd need to act on them. 

I'd prefer an answer before voting.
Of course I would take action, even if they are my friends. Obviously, I like my friends and would rather not lose them due to doing my job, but if they are breaking rules they are breaking rules. Gotta do what's right, y'know?
That sounds like fairness to me. Considering my previous statement and other information brought forward I believe you'll do well as staff. 

+1 for Trusted.
[Image: wattson-apex-legends.gif]
[Image: 6jCIuUl.gif]
(06-08-2022, 04:01 AM)BIIG_SAD Wrote: Carson! my dude!

it is time! finally. 

All jokes aside, as long as your answer to Ryzif is reasonable/not unreasonable, I do not see why voting +1 would be so bad. Besides, as someone who plays with you, you are a pretty chill person, plus you can spot ghosting, and can most likely be trained to be better at it to.

In terms of name being out there and all, Carson has it. Obviously, no mic, but that is OK. Not everyone opts for a mic.

[Image: giphy.gif]

+1, good luck, buddy!
Hey dude! Yeah I agree with the part about being trained, I don't think I would have to much trouble learning the basics.
I would be fine with Carson becoming Trusted, I poked him a couple of times telling him to apply.
Ryzif and I can train him pretty well.

You're not going to be on top of the leaderboard as often since you'll have other things to worry about, but I'm sure you already know that already.
I do believe Carson is on right track things

Yesterday he asked me about what I thought about him being staff and while I said that a bit more time would be a easy approval I do feel like it would be great to bring him on aboard

+1