Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
The rules are equal for everyone.
(06-14-2022, 09:36 AM)Monkey Magic Wrote:
(06-14-2022, 09:08 AM)Gabe Wrote: *snip*

What kind of person will get pleasure and fun from shouting and insults? It's all strange.

Gags are difficult to administer at times because TTT is heavily reliant on voice comms. However, in scenarios where 2 players are arguing with each other nonstop, they're usually given a warning in chat or PM to stop, and then both gagged if they continue as it becomes disruptive to the server. Maybe staff should have stepped in more, but at times it's tough to tell when people are goofing with each other or they're actually serious. In the latter cases, they usually PM staff and it's resolved.

BTW - Finding things 'fun' is subjective for each player. For example, I think it's unfun when you and Coconut team constantly but I don't report it because I understand you're close or whatever and that's how you have fun, and although it may ruin a T round for me occasionally, it's not worth creating a fuss over.

If someone is consistently bothering you and staff haven't considered it disruptive to the whole server, you can use this handy local mute function found in the tab/scoreboard menu:

[Image: pFD4Yl6.png]

Also, on a side note, yeah, Dong could have probably stepped up here, but I completely understand him just wanting to play TTT from time to time. Regulars have been riding him non-stop in game recently and I think the dude just wants to wind down and play.
In this post you seem trying to defend the user who apparently started the discussion, which I think it's just a mistake, since this user is who started bringing bad "jokes" and making annoying comments like: "You can't sing because you are not a girl so I can't do it either" or calling lame to everyone for no reason; maybe he was just trolling or expressing himself as an actual sexist, but both cases are bad. I know you can confuse harrasment here because it seems like it's this user "XoMazzi" vs 4 people who are also insulting or attacking him, but this is not the case since this same user started fighting only because he doesn't like someone singing or yelling, so we can just say this is a scenario where several users are attacking each other for random reasons. Also, we can't call dong inactive here because he did his job trying to stop Mazzi and his aggression against caribou, since we know that who worsened this situation was him. And he also took actions on caribou since he was yelling, also making bad comments jokes about the user and particularly his mom, we can even see how he starts to speak more calmly and using his keyboard to respond. 
The only thing bad point here is about the evident micspam caribou was doing and the staff playing doing nothing about it, since this was the main thing this user was complaining for all the video, maybe because nobody was orally complaning as well as Mazzi, because caribou is everybody's homie, or just because his micspam wasn't a big problem, no matter what the answer is, I think the staff has to make some clarifications and adjustments about punishments for micspaming, since is evident that in this server favoritism feels too strong. I know it can be hard to argue with a friend about what he or she cannot do, but if you're assuming a role you have to be as partial as possible. It is kind of unfair the fact that some guests and regulars or even donors get gagged just for viscerally screaming or just playing a soundboard, and some other users, in this case caribou, yells, laughs and repeats the same jokes uncontrollably without any of the staff members doing anything to him and even cheering him up to keep doing the same thing over and over again in several maps. Sure, I also like this kind of stupid jokes and laugh at it because like the others said in this thread, brings life to the server and break the boring and constant flow that the game has, but I'd like this to apply also for the other users and not be like: 
*random starts yelling and playing or repeating loud things over and over trying to be funny* --> haha loud = funny XDDDDDDDD / gag this cringe guy already please
*the same thing but it's caribou* --> *laughs, cheers him up and forgets about the micspam rule*

In conclusion, no harassment nor targeting, just a guy complaining and bothering others. Caribou being caribou and evident micspam and favoritism from the staff members
I let them argue because it was merely that. I used permagag bc dude started talking smack to me so I did it for 2 seconds as a joke. I never said Caribou did nothing wrong, all I had said is that I’m not going to do anything because I told him to stop because he went too far and he did. Oh and the Mazzi dude was laughing the whole time too
According to caribou's discord messages it seems like Mazzi and him had been going at it since cruise (prior to this map), lol
Seems like you jumped the gun and got offended for someone when they weren't even offended but rather were jesting with someone else
[Image: laXmwYH.gif]
Honestly don't see what's wrong with this since i was there. We all heard both sides laughing as in not taking the insults seriously. Sure they should've been muted for micspam but it happens all the time, you play obnoxious sounds through your soundboard including music and nobody gags you there's nobody complaining about that yet when something happens during late night TTT it seems like you're the first to report it. It's just people having fun in the end, there's no need to ban them over this. -1
[Image: unknown.png]

The rules are equal for everyone.

This is a mutual issue. -1 to action taken.
[Image: dan_ceebeast_gif.gif]

Discord Admin - April 2021 - March 2023
TTT Moderator - February 2021 - March 2023
Join our discord: discord.gg/dinks
I was there! As seen by me with the RC car in the first few moments, and when I'm begged for credits. Killah did enforce rules fairly once people complained, per request of dong, things quieted down by 70% into the next map on simple. Killah directly told caribou to stop, which mostly works as you don't hear him towards the end of the video's coverage. None of the video covers simple, where things got even more goofy and you could hear both parties laughing, and with a few less players and it being more laid back staff could chill. With maybe a few funny shouting matches on simple, things got quiet enough that mazzi left the server which was met with sadness because both mazzi and the belligerents in this report we're having fun in their shouting matches and laughing.
Doesn't show nearly enough for the runtime of the video, anti-fun opportunist post, plus what it has to do with dong is pretty weak. Very late night ttt, as this was, gets wilder than this and staff know how to handle it usually. -1
-1 i don't see anything in the video that wasnt consensual memes, if people annoy you (indirectly) by being loud or mic spamming then you can just mute them on scoreboard
Caribou and I were arguing on the mic for 10mins + but dong did not do anything about it. He just laughed it off... And he's an admin. Aren't admin's supposed to control this type of of behavior? All I said was caribou was bad at singing and caribou started screaming in his mic and calling names for 10 mins + But the admin dong only muted us for 3  minutes.  Dong thought that it was entertaining. Seeing me and caribou argue. But he didn't do his duty like a real admin should. I don't think he should be an admin at all. Letting this stuff happen is immature for an "admin".

(06-14-2022, 11:03 AM)Murl Wrote:

What kind of person will get pleasure and fun from shouting and insults? It's all strange.

Gags are difficult to administer at times because TTT is heavily reliant on voice comms. However, in scenarios where 2 players are arguing with each other nonstop, they're usually given a warning in chat or PM to stop, and then both gagged if they continue as it becomes disruptive to the server. Maybe staff should have stepped in more, but at times it's tough to tell when people are goofing with each other or they're actually serious. In the latter cases, they usually PM staff and it's resolved.

BTW - Finding things 'fun' is subjective for each player. For example, I think it's unfun when you and Coconut team constantly but I don't report it because I understand you're close or whatever and that's how you have fun, and although it may ruin a T round for me occasionally, it's not worth creating a fuss over.

If someone is consistently bothering you and staff haven't considered it disruptive to the whole server, you can use this handy local mute function found in the tab/scoreboard menu:

Also, on a side note, yeah, Dong could have probably stepped up here, but I completely understand him just wanting to play TTT from time to time. Regulars have been riding him non-stop in game recently and I think the dude just wants to wind down and play.

(06-14-2022, 11:03 AM)Murl Wrote:

(06-14-2022, 05:06 PM)XoMazzi Wrote: asdfsdaf
So what you're saying is, you and Caribou were arguing, so he gagged both of you for a set amount of time? That sounds like he did something about it. What do you want him to do, go to your house and break your microphone?